Sign in to follow this  
Isaac-Neo

Why are we still running ArmA 3?

BI!  Why are you still running A3 on a outdated engine and above all a 32 bit client and server still?!  This is a huge limitation and annoying as all get out.  You need to start updating your game to a newer standard that is somewhere closer to today's standard's.  I am so sick and pissed off as heck dealing with a broken as broke game that is as limited as a person in a straight jacket!

I'am sure BIS will happily work on a whole new Engine, thanks to your nice, friendly and detailed constructive critic.

Oh and:

To provide a few examples: later this year, we'll publish 64-bit executables to Dev-Branch; work on a full singleplayer conversion of the 'Apex Protocol' co-op campaign starts soon; Tanoa structures will gradually receive additional ruins / interiors - and its splendid audio fidelity will be extended to all terrains. Naturally, we’ll discuss these things (and more!) in greater detail soon™.

• Like 11

BI!  Why are you still running A3 on a outdated engine and above all a 32 bit client and server still?!  This is a huge limitation and annoying as all get out.  You need to start updating your game to a newer standard that is somewhere closer to today's standard's.  I am so sick and pissed off as heck dealing with a broken as broke game that is as limited as a person in a straight jacket!

I would suggest as Eagle1992 rightly suggests, have a look at the new roadmap for 2016-2017 (https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-roadmap-2016-17#.WA1GpeArKUk). Oh and as a suggestion, i would review what you type in future before posting it.

• Like 7

Why do people think BI has been sitting on both hands for the last few years with regards to thinking their engine is fine? Have any of you ever built a game engine? Have any of you any idea what it costs in terms of money and personal to build such an engine? 

Why not get the absolute most out of the current engine in terms of revenue and players that you can in order to have a following into the next game? What's the point of Arma 4 being the most costly game BI ever makes if no one plays it? 

The updates and DLC past and future have taken this game to a level I don't think anyone dreamt of when it was announced. 

And it's fucking awesome

/rant.

• Like 10

i agree slatts, like yes its been a long 3 years, and its looking like there is at least 2-3 to come of arma 3, but since the game is very open to outside modding and development, it doesnt put an expiry date on the game. i can say that the dlc and addons that BI have put into the game have made arma into a truly amazing world, on both the development side and on the battlefield. i payed only around $30 for arma and have got more content/friends/happiness that a $30 movie ticket could ever give me. so i tip my hat to you BI and all you've done for this community. looking forward to the next arma 3 dlc and how it evolves the game even further.   

• Like 5

Don't play it then!!!

• Like 2

This post is beautiful because I can just see the blood vein on OP's forehead ready to explode.

In more serious terms, as others have already linked, read the road-map, there is plans for 64bit upgrades.

In regards to the engine, this has been discussed more times than characters in your ranty post, wait for ArmA 4 if it makes your blood boil so much.

• Like 5

Good post, if more people complained maybe it'd shake BI up a bit..:)

One of the most annoying things for me is the way some tree types appear and disappear like ghosts, it's a longstanding issue that BI won't or can't fix.

Good post, if more people complained maybe it'd shake BI up a bit.. :)

One of the most annoying things for me is the way some tree types appear and disappear like ghosts, it's a longstanding issue that BI won't or can't fix.

I think they took out a LOD step on the trees? Looks like it goes from Lod 0 to Lod 3 in the transition.  But I get that they're trying to squeeze every ounce of performance from this engine. Wish 'em luck on getting it going again. There's nothing else quite like this game out there. (SQUAD's not there yet.*)

One of those strange vague posts that seem to mean nothing. IMO. :/

"Huge limitation" simply is not true. Unless you can enlighten....?

"Annoying" means nothing, what is annoying? The simple fact of a 32 bit "limitation"?

And, of course, "broken as broke game that is as limited as a person in a straight jacket". It seems clear you don't have any idea what broken as broke means (if it even means anything :)), I have to guess there is some action you tried to do that you cannot do, and therefore it's all broke? That's generally the pattern of these kinds of posts, so that's an assumption. As the post is vague as all vague with NO DETAIL I think I'm permitted some amount of assumption. Otherwise I'd need to be psychic in order to get anything at all out of this thread..

• Like 9

Now here is a good time to close this thread :padlock:

• Like 4