Crimson Mage

How to place a invisible wall in the editor

I need help with placing down invisible walls in a mission. How do you place them? I still want it to have collisions.

They become invisible but the player doesn't collide with them. I am trying to keep the player in a certain area.

If you really really need a physical blocker then there is one (or two) in the helper section of empty objects in eden but...

If you wish to keep players in an area I recommend using a trigger instead. Physical blockers is so not arma. ;)

1. Place trigger over area, name it 'something'

2. Set it to anybody, condition: !(player in thisList) onAct: hint "Get back here you slug!"; [] spawn { sleep 5; if !(player in list something) then { player setDamage 1;}; };

3. Profit

• Like 1

There's an object called invisible wall somewhere in the editor, but it's hardly the size of a razorwire barricade.

• Like 2

Late to the game, but going to borrow your script there, Mrcurry. Thanks!

EDIT: Tried doing it, got an error. "On Activation: Type Script, expect Nothing"

11 hours ago, Danskkat said:

Late to the game, but going to borrow your script there, Mrcurry. Thanks!

EDIT: Tried doing it, got an error. "On Activation: Type Script, expect Nothing"

My bad, forgot to handle the return. Try this: hint "Get back here you slug!"; 0 = [] spawn { sleep 5; if !(player in list something) then { player setDamage 1;}; };

Oh wow, that's some good dedication mrcurry! Surprised to see an answer given how old this thread was.

Cheers to you, man, will try it tomorrow!

• Like 1

Well it didn't give me an error, but the way I'm using it something failed and I'm a scripting newb so I may as well ask if you know what I did wrong.

I made TWO zones, labelled RPlayArea and BPlayArea (for Red and Blue forces) -- I'm trying to do a small skirmish map where both sides have a zone they need to stay within while fighting.

Zones are both 300x300

[This is where I think I screwed up somewhere] I have activation set to BlueFor on the BPlayArea trigger and OpFor for the RPlayArea, so I ASSUMED it would mean that it'd only watch for the correct team before trying to activate.

otherwise Condition remains:     !(player in thislist)

but, Activation:     hint "You have 10 seconds to return to play zone!"; 0 = [] spawn { sleep 10; if !(player in list BPlayArea) then { player setDamage 1;}; };

(and RPlayArea for the other trigger zone).

When I go Test Singleplayer it immediately gives me my warning and then kills me after 10 seconds.

Other thing to note, though I don't know if it's relevent because again, newbie, is that I have AI spawning in on the character slots for now. I also plan on having NPCs doing their own thing in the town this takes place in fighting a little AI war in the middle while the players do their thing against each other.