Sign in to follow this  
kerozen

Creating Mod from Scratch

Since Operation FlashPoint (Arma Cold War Assault) I've always wanted to have my country's armed forces made into a mod but since the only thing i can do is very bad reskins i never managed to do it. For some time now i've had some hope after posting on the forums and such that someone might pick up my idea and make a (good) Portuguese Armed Forces mod, so far i was not that lucky so i'm starting to wonder how much money does it take to create a decent quality mod. If i remember correctly RHS won quite a bit of money (200K?) for their mod but its also a full studio behind that mod.

Realistically i'm probably never going to see a full mod for free so how much money would it take to get a mod with some decent vehicles and units?

This  is not really the place to ask about this , however there is a well made Portugese mod available now http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777821765&searchtext=whiplash

already using 4 different Portuguese Army mods, all of them have a lot of inaccuracies. Where is the best place to talk about this? I was not sure where to post so i posted in the mods discussion thread 

already using 4 different Portuguese Army mods, all of them have a lot of inaccuracies. Where is the best place to talk about this? I was not sure where to post so i posted in the mods discussion thread 

I am sure that the developers are indeed aware of these inaccuracies, but resources are limited when it comes to free projects you know .. The modding is not business. These men invest their free time to make it, and no doubt they put huge amount of effort in it, so you can a) help them or b) put constructive criticism in their mod's forums thread to point out the major issues. You can also contact them via e-mail or social network, if they use any. 

• Like 1