Sign in to follow this  
weaponsfree

Tanoa Buildings Indestructable?

I suspect this is common knowledge, but I was not aware until being faced with having to throw out a fairly advanced mission because I just realized some, many, most Tanoan buildings can't be destroyed?

I am specifically trying to blow up Land_House_Big_03_F.

Spawning bombs and using setdamage has not worked, so I'm assuming it's just a question of "they can't be destroyed".

Anyone can confirm?

Dont know for sure on that building but yes, some houses have no damage models which is a bummer..

It was written somewhere on the roadmap : BIS is going to add damaged versions for several buildings.

• Like 5

It was written somewhere on the roadmap : BIS is going to add damaged versions for several buildings.

oh that is nice to hear. actually i wasn't expecting that to change.

Not only that, new interiors too!

There's also good news for Altis and Stratis. ;)

Tanoa structures will gradually receive additional ruins / interiors - and its splendid audio fidelity will be extended to all terrains.

• Like 5

And i hope some furniture too  :ph34r:

• Like 4

While I'd glad that they've rethought their initial decision to only have random parts of certain buildings actually usable (what's the point of having big towns in the map if only a fraction of a fraction of buildings are actually MOUT ready?) I feel like that's something that should have been part of the initial 30 dollar release, given that the map was the main selling point of Apex. 

That is good news indeed! Although not much use for the campaign I'm trying to wrap up with a final mission now. Guess I gotta look for an adequate replacement location, bomb the building to confirm it breaks, then rebuild the mission around it.

While I'd glad that they've rethought their initial decision to only have random parts of certain buildings actually usable (what's the point of having big towns in the map if only a fraction of a fraction of buildings are actually MOUT ready?) I feel like that's something that should have been part of the initial 30 dollar release, given that the map was the main selling point of Apex. 

to be fair though. they made a great effort that roofs are accesible and the overall layout of Georgetown, for example, is pretty well done. so it's not like these urban areas are totally useless.

• Like 3

Well perhaps they didn't expect that when they gave us fantastically detailed outdoor environment with Jungles, plantations, mangroves and ruins, most people would just want to play in the 1% of the map with buildings. I mean, what on earth were they thinking, of course everyone wants more urban maps on top of the dozens that already exist instead of a totally unique jungle island.

And i hope some furniture too  :ph34r:

In arma II the furniture and objects in the buildings just added some anoyances while moving inside buildings I prefer them with interiors and no furniture at all. Right know if you need some furniture you can add it with the 3d editor.

In arma II the furniture and objects in the buildings just added some anoyances while moving inside buildings I prefer them with interiors and no furniture at all. Right know if you need some furniture you can add it with the 3d editor.

There were well placed in the Operation Arrowhead buildings and added a lot to immersion - besides, the 3d editor is really not the way to go if you want to add furnitures to civ buildings.

• Like 3

There were well placed in the Operation Arrowhead buildings and added a lot to immersion - besides, the 3d editor is really not the way to go if you want to add furnitures to civ buildings.

Indeed, we had furniture in OFP, Arma1, Arma2 and OA just found it odd missing in Arma3

• Like 2

Furniture aside, in case anyone stumbles onto this thread when searching for the same info I was. Here is my personal conclusion:

As far as I can tell, there are currently no buildings that seem destructible on Tanoa. I have not tested them ALL, but carpet bombing Georgetown gave up no destroyed buildings. And the ones that originally interested me, the villa type residential buildings also have no destroyed states.

There may be some Altis buildings (industrial or otherwise) that inherited destruction states, but I have not tested those either.

Hopefully this will be addressed.

The furniture discussion again :D honestly, of all the concerns ;)

For me it has more to do with being able to effect the environment. Like said above, when the buildings are indestructable and the houses are empty, that takes away a layer of what makes shooting and blowing sh*t up fun - its why we like shooters. As we have it, bad guys only flinch and not much else happens dynamically when we start unloading heavy firepower. Sure its always a balancing act versus performance, but when you take away all the fun of shooting,launching, detonating..im the type that dont mind dropping to 15fps for some righteous destruction.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, there are currently no buildings that seem destructible on Tanoa. I have not tested them ALL, but carpet bombing Georgetown gave up no destroyed buildings. And the ones that originally interested me, the villa type residential buildings also have no destroyed states.

Native huts are destructable.

• Like 1

For me it has more to do with being able to effect the environment. Like said above, when the buildings are indestructable and the houses are empty, that takes away a layer of what makes shooting and blowing sh*t up fun - its why we like shooters. As we have it, bad guys only flinch and not much else happens dynamically when we start unloading heavy firepower. Sure its always a balancing act versus performance, but when you take away all the fun of shooting,launching, detonating..im the type that dont mind dropping to 15fps for some righteous destruction.

Well, I agree, but I was talking about the furniture discussion specifically ;)

Well perhaps they didn't expect that when they gave us fantastically detailed outdoor environment with Jungles, plantations, mangroves and ruins, most people would just want to play in the 1% of the map with buildings. I mean, what on earth were they thinking, of course everyone wants more urban maps on top of the dozens that already exist instead of a totally unique jungle island.

Please point me to the "dozens of urban maps" for Arma 3. And no, stuff from Arma 2 running in Arma 3 doesn't count. The fact is, in any conflict, be that an insurgency, a civil war or a conventional there are strategic locations. Buildings tend to be one of those locations for a litany of reasons. I can understand that because of Arma's engine things like the multifoor office buildings can't be enterable, but there's no reason the hotels can't be fully accessible when Altis had much larger buildings fully accessible. It just smacks of shortcuts being taken to get Tanoa out faster.   

For me it the limited access is not too bad, although at least a ladder to climb the really big buildings would be good. The big city tall buildings are too good for OP's and sniper nests to be off limits without mods. An elevator shaft ladder would be sufficient, and low poly.

As for the lack of destroyed states for buildings, it kind of makes combined arms scenarios less interesting. Having a tank fight or CAS support is always more fun when you can destroy a building.

It does kind of feel like it was done in the interest of a deadline. Hopefully will be retro fitted soon.

• Like 2

Would be nice to see more of the Tanoa buildings enter-able e.g. the tower in the middle of 'George Town'. 

now that all the objects and buildings are available to everyone in the Editor no matter if you own APEX or not. Should be a good moment to add Ruins to the expansion buildings.

Any news about this?