Damian90

Tanks DLC Feedback

29 minutes ago, WastedMike_ said:

Is there any information on the three new tanks they are adding?

nothing with substance so far. There were some screenshots that looked like a T-14 a while ago.

• Like 2

what the bet the Bohemia t72 tank will show up in the DLC or in the patch?

1 hour ago, cozza said:

what the bet the Bohemia t72 tank will show up in the DLC or in the patch?

Would be nice!

• Like 2

No. And to get that information you just have to... like... read three posts above.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

Does anyone know what the three new tanks that will be added are?

All we know is that:

A. CSAT is getting the T-14 Armata

B. If the Arnata's classname isn't MBT_04, NATO is getting a main battle tank with ERA

Watching what bohemia did with other armored vehicles, probably they will introduce an AA and artillery variant.

Anyone else thinking it is taking way to long for them for releasing this last dlc?

I mean, how long is this in the plans now and what does it really contains? 

The big question; when will this last dlc be released?

20 minutes ago, Antilochos said:

Anyone else thinking it is taking way to long for them for releasing this last dlc?

I mean, how long is this in the plans now and what does it really contains?

To answer these questions, you should check out the Dev section of the forums, these threads will certainly explain why its taking time:

• Thanks 1

T-14 armata coming in was expected. But what about T-72 Edita? That tank for sure deserves to be brought in.

And I was really expecting a new MBT for NATO, either Abrams or Challenger version :/

• Like 1

The Angara and the Rhino looks pretty badass, but I'm extremely disappointed with the Wiesel 2 as a choice for AAF. Besides the AA version I can't find a single reason I would use these in any scenario.

I'm glad I have a fan or two at BI after reading the Altis Requiem description.:tounge_o:

3 hours ago, fallschirmjgergewehr said:

New AFV AWC 304 Nyx, Crew AI can't control 20mm.

Please post bugs in the 

or alternatively log a feedback ticket.

• Like 1

I saw it mentioned occasionally, but will there be the feature to allow the commander to override the turret to show the gunner the target he wants engaged immediately? In addition to this will the commander be able to see what the gunner is seeing in addition to their own independent view?

These 2 features would be essential to get some realistic gunner commander teamwork.

On 09/03/2018 at 4:52 PM, phoenix_za said:

In addition to this will the commander be able to see what the gunner is seeing in addition to their own independent view?

Don't we already have this capability now since Jets DLC introduced left and right toggle-able MFD panels? Their use isn't perfect due limited quality of the PIP displays but it does allow the driver, gunner and commander to see what their fellow crew members are seeing.

3 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Don't we already have this capability now since Jets DLC introduced left and right toggle-able MFD panels? Their use isn't perfect due limited quality of the PIP displays but it does allow the driver, gunner and commander to see what their fellow crew members are seeing.

The quality of PIP is very poor, limited viewing range and does not allow to see some details.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83081

The commander and gunner should be able to talk about what the gunner is looking at in detail without having to make the commander use their independent sight to do so, thus losing the sector it was covering.

for the future, i had didnt read all coments ...

i dont understand that, thats a Tank DLC ...

whats the biggest anemy of a tank ...

sure, a Tank/AT Soldier, but 2. there are MINES !

i didnt see any mine roller or any mine destroyer in the dev branch ...

and the sapper-engeneering-dozer blade tank (i forgot the name) suks really hard, plz change that

also in the close future there arent tanks that can drive above tons of TNT ...

thx for the AAF Zamak MRL, but the artillery system isnt the optimal arty system for an small army on small islands with a higly civilian population !!!

that crap do only assad or putin in chechenia or syria ...

for example, the MLR is a kind rellict of the Cold War ... it didnt make any sance when a small army have it in the year 2035 ...

in the future seen its expensiv than a Self Propelled Howizer Artillery System ...

I WISH:

u include the M1 Dana 152mm Self Propelled Howizer Artillery System

it need roads or middle heavy terrain conditions, perfect for Altis&Stratis

its in the future a cheaper, effective, arty system than a MRL ...

of course for Altis and Stratis ...

and when u make the AA structure of AAF payable than give the players a free and reality close Artillery System ...

On 4. februar 2018 at 2:35 PM, nkenny said:

Going by the current, rather eclectic selection of vehicles in vanilla ARMA3 my expectations aren't great.  The rule of thumb seems to be that CSAT gets the best, most robust and tactically useful assets[...] I am afraid we will see some weird hybrid unmanned rocket-turret tank for NATO with some odd glass-cannon weaknesses. Where the CSAT will earn themselves yet another sleek companion to the T-100. [snip]

Henceforth I shall be known as Nostradamus.

In other news I am a little disapointed. The Rhino MGS is precisely what I expected, but contrary to what I really feel Bluefor needs.  While I am sympathetic to the interesting gameplay offered by highly mobile glass cannons, a faction already bound together with eclectic hardware could do very well with some robust options.

The contrast to the T-140 Angara couldn't be greater. Aside from being a T-14 reskin, it's position in gameplay seems to be a better T-100. The command version comes with an autocannon!  Imagine instead a T-72 or T-55. Superficially inferior, but in adding outdated assets the quality of modern (2035) equipment would come into sharper contrast. T-55s or T-72s would also enable familiar scenarios-- where a technological superior, though typically outnumbered, faction attempts kinetic persuasion on another nation.  Reference: every armed conflict where a G20 member has participated since Korea.

I am very happy with the new launchers and armed soft trucks. And I hope BIS continues to add additional texture options. The MBT-52 KUMA reskinned to NATO livery would silence much of my concerns.

-k

Yes, it is a mistake.

Later in the sitrep, they say that the time trial need more work before release.