Damian90

Tanks DLC Feedback

Direct control of vehilces is a long-awaited step in the right direction. Next it would be nice to allow player-gunners to pop smoke since AI doesn't do it under direct player control.

• Like 3

Modern systems are able to stabilize the horizontal position of the camera in wide angular ranges.
Is it planned to change the horizontally stabilized image in the field of the optical sight?
The question is relevant not only for tanks, other vehicles need it.

A vivid example of the stabilization of the camera.

During the whole video, the camera does not lose its horizontal position and there is no shaking of the overall image. Let me remind you that these technologies came to the mass market - from the military industry and the practice of application.

• Like 4

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is new gear for individual armored crew members. I'd like to see a new crew helmet for either NATO or CSAT so that they no longer have to share one.

Additionally, I think it'd be cool to see armored crewman vests, similar to the lightweight version of the IOTV worn by US Army tank crews.

• Like 2

Didnt search this first..so ignore if its been asked for 100000 times.  Consider it a vote then.

In this DLC, PLEASE add active defense systems for Armor. Thanks. 

@teach

first thing:

DLC will come out in less than 3 month (afair), and they should have been working on it for at least half a year (probably 1 year now). unfortunately i can't seem to find an up-to-date roadmap for Arma3 right now, so i can't provide any "solid" evidence on dates.

this topic was opened  more than a year now, and now you come to request a totally new feature. you can be 99.995% sure, that it wouldn't make it in the game if you request it so late. so it seems pointless to me suggesting it or hoping it will come.

second thing:

it has pretty much been been said that it WILL NOT be added to the game.

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/196366-tanks-dlc-feedback/?page=22&tab=comments#comment-3236279

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/196366-tanks-dlc-feedback/?page=23&tab=comments#comment-3236780

• Like 1

So Enfusion is next, we can expect most of things will be fixed in A4. Hopefully, at least.
As for now, im really happy to see finally tanks physx is fixed, many things should be fixed also, but i will say making tanks not drive over friendly units, keeping formation and facing front to enemy armor is totally enough for DLC in A3 ( at least for me ). I hope to see it fixed with DLC release.

• Like 1

I hope it’s not going to end like “Jets DLC” which have almost no playable content, only a Showcase & few new vehicles.

For Tanks DLC, at least add a mini campaign or more than 1 Showcase mission, for those who love SP aspect of Arma.

And for MP it would be great to add a new mode, a MP mission which really challenges players skills on Tanks, and Altis/Malden would be best maps for such  thing.

I ask again please don’t end it up like Jets DLC.

• Like 1

Will be pretty much like Jets DLC and Helicopters DLC. ~3 new vehicles, 1 showcase, lots of under the hood engine changes and tweaks. I bet on it.

With Tac-Ops release and the new singleplayer content I don't really mind that anymore now, tho.

11 hours ago, lexx said:

Will be pretty much like Jets DLC and Helicopters DLC. ~3 new vehicles, 1 showcase, lots of under the hood engine changes and tweaks. I bet on it.

With Tac-Ops release and the new singleplayer content I don't really mind that anymore now, tho.

Tac-Ops is the only 1 DLC I bought as I hope it’s worth it. I will play it tomorrow.

but all other DLCs lack content of playability & they all worth $6, not more.

APEX was’nt worthy too. Coop Campaign is not interesting & not replayable at all although they announced it is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

I hope it’s not going to end like “Jets DLC” which have almost no playable content, only a Showcase & few new vehicles.

For Tanks DLC, at least add a mini campaign or more than 1 Showcase mission, for those who love SP aspect of Arma.

And for MP it would be great to add a new mode, a MP mission which really challenges players skills on Tanks, and Altis/Malden would be best maps for such  thing.

I ask again please don’t end it up like Jets DLC.

ok your list of demands. all seems reasonable might give the last DlC a big send off.. 

2 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

they all worth $6, not more.

wait whats this.....you are willing to pay the princely sum of 6 bucks. yeah take your 6 bucks go buy a cheese burger meal.  in other words ...I see your tenuous grasp on basic economics and business acumen and raise you a middle finger :drinking:lay off the soy milk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

ok your list of demands. all seems reasonable might give the last DlC a big send off.. 

wait whats this.....you are willing to pay the princely sum of 6 bucks. yeah take your 6 bucks go buy a cheese burger meal.  in other words ...I see your tenuous grasp on basic economics and business acumen and raise you a middle finger :drinking:lay off the soy milk.

Ok can u say me what playable contents are in DLCs such jets, helos, marksmen & karts?

I know it’s a way to support developers, that’s Ok, specially about Karts which announced that is a way to support humanitarian orgs.

but where are interesting aspects for players in these mods? They added a MP mode to Helo DLC called “Support” mission but as it was so boring & no one were playing it, they even shutdown their official servers which were running this mode. It is clearly says that their creativity was a failure on first pack of DLCs.

second DLC pack were better for now (except jets) & I’m asking to do it for Tanks too. Some more playable contents.

4 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

Ok can u say me what playable contents are in DLCs such jets, helos, marksmen & karts?

I know it’s a way to support developers, that’s Ok, specially about Karts which announced that is a way to support humanitarian orgs.

but where are interesting aspects for players in these mods? They added a MP mode to Helo DLC called “Support” mission but as it was so boring & no one were playing it, they even shutdown their official servers which were running this mode. It is clearly says that their creativity was a failure on first pack of DLCs.

second DLC pack were better for now (except jets) & I’m asking to do it for Tanks too. Some more playable contents.

I'm talking about your valuations of the dlc. I can't even buy 1 yes 1 pint of beer here for 6 dollars :drinking2:. perhaps because a lot of the cool features they add come free with the updates  you maybe undervalue the time and effort that goes in the them free updates alongside the actual dlc.

Jets dlc brought a lot of changes. overhauling the sensors, improving the flight, the awesome changes to the sound of jets, dynamic vehicle load outs , hitpoints, the FREE carrier all the little bits and pieces from flight deck crew to new backdrop pieces that will be used in tons of missions, I am  leaving out half the shit here the dev branch list was big.  

• Like 3

Vehicles that I hope they might add (the equivalents at least):

Tanks:

T-14 Armata (this will likely be added I think)

Leopard 2A6M

1 or 2 Abrams Variants, preferably Uparmoured with reactive plates

Leclerc

Type 99

Challenger 2

IFVs/FSVs:

LAV 3 or LAV 4 (the latter being still designed and tested)

Pandur 2

ZTL-09

M1128

AMX-10RCR

BMPT "Terminator" (you know you want this cancer in public PvP HAR DEE HAR)

(Not really, but) AA:

Modern/Future ZSU Equivalent

ADATS

Oerlikon GDF

Pantsir

Avenger (Future Variant)

And maybe some new bombs for Jets to combat these vehicles? Maybe ECM bombs or Smart-Clusters (E.G. CBU 105 WCMD or CBU 107?)

I know that none of these will be likely added, and likely most of them aren't even considered by Bohemia. However, I really like these particular addons and tanks, as they are some of the most interesting to myself :V And could make combat hella intense

So a few weeks ago I was browsing Artstation and came across this page, showing a couple renders of models in Apex, created by an external studio:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5V03E

At the time it featured a picture of a Carl Gustav (thankfully I managed to save it before it was deleted):

outsource2usm4cg0.jpg

In fact, you can still see it on the cover picture of the album:
https://www.artstation.com/search?q=guns no roses&sorting=recent

So what do you think? Obviously its not in Apex, but imo it would make sense to see new AT weaponry in the Tanks DLC.
Also wouldn't be the first time something cut would reappear in the game, the heli drone from Apex was originally supposed to be in the base game.

• Like 6

I think the main question is always "What does this add to the game?" - if it doesn't fill a certain hole in the gameplay, it's kinda useless to add.

6 hours ago, lexx said:

I think the main question is always "What does this add to the game?" - if it doesn't fill a certain hole in the gameplay, it's kinda useless to add.

not a big "hole" but CSAT has an unguided AT launcher while NATO and AAF don't have one.

i don't see how it could harm, except for taking away dev-manpower, but it already seems to be 75% done.

• Like 1

Yea, hoping this is the last DLC from BI they will give us maybe a tad bit more than just three tanks. Someone mentioned giving us an AT Technical for the FIA, that would be a good start. I do like the idea of at least maybe some light AT? As for speculation, my biggest question is where will these tanks fit into the overall role of each faction? obviously, NATO could use a "true" MBT but I feel the other sides are pretty buttoned up. 

Hey, how about BIS Edita to be added to the game?

One thing I'd like to see improved, not just for tanks but across the board really is the FLIR simulation. I feel like the contrast of FLIR camera's in the game right now it too low when it coms to the enviroment. Real FLIR camera's have wider range of values to display things that are hot and cold. 

I think it could help improve target acquisition a lot if you could actually see what you're looking at through a FLIR scope, wether it be a house, a tree or a rock. Instead of having this almost equally grey backdrop with white hot blips appearing every now and again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CyclonicTuna said:

One thing I'd like to see improved, not just for tanks but across the board really is the FLIR simulation. I feel like the contrast of FLIR camera's in the game right now it too low when it coms to the enviroment. Real FLIR camera's have wider range of values to display things that are hot and cold. 

I think it could help improve target acquisition a lot if you could actually see what you're looking at through a FLIR scope, wether it be a house, a tree or a rock. Instead of having this almost equally grey backdrop with white hot blips appearing every now and again. 

Hi Cyclonic Tuna

That would mean that each and every item (and it's surface and inner material) must be modeled and simulated as in real life in terms of absorbing, reflecting and emitting energy.

That would come in 10 years :-)

That is one reason why I support game scenarios in 1930s to 1985 when radar, IR and its sensors were not that advanced so that BIS would be able to simulate at least this level of technology.

So, as someone say about FLIR some words automaticly comes to wriite, as too small contrast - you can see enemy bright as torch, while you cant see terrain you are moving on - thats not right. You should be able to see terrain pretty good :

Also what was writed long time ago and can be missed in development - Ai behavior on damaging tracks/wheels/engine. Please make them not disembarking vehicle, it looks really silly if facing armor head-to-head with your own tank, you get hit in track (tank is still able to defend, noone from crew has died) and you are forced out of tank with rest of crew. Same with revert situation - you hit AI tank into tracks, and watch how them disembarking workable vehicle - thats must be changed in order to make tanks fully effective.
I see physx changes, and i love that, there is not much to get done, i can count it all on my one hand fingers.
- Pathfinding
- bypassing infantry (and not make tank stupid like it was with reversing issue)
- Proper Infra-red contrasting (all vehicles and optics with thermals get profit)
- Changing behavior of Disembarking crew on track/wheel/engine (again, You (Developers) can make use of my addon)

Thats not that much considering how long that list was before touching tanks DLC changes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Hi Cyclonic Tuna

That would mean that each and every item (and it's surface and inner material) must be modeled and simulated as in real life in terms of absorbing, reflecting and emitting energy.

That would come in 10 years :-)

That is one reason why I support game scenarios in 1930s to 1985 when radar, IR and its sensors were not that advanced so that BIS would be able to simulate at least this level of technology.

Uhm, no that's not what I meant. I just want them  to turn up the contrast a little bit on the enviroment, and turn down the brightness a tad on people and vehicles. Its just a texture they use. It shouldn't take 10 years. It shouldn't even really take 10 weeks really. 

They already have the system in place, it just needs to be tweaked. 

21 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

Also what was writed long time ago and can be missed in development - Ai behavior on damaging tracks/wheels/engine. Please make them not disembarking vehicle, it looks really silly if facing armor head-to-head with your own tank, you get hit in track (tank is still able to defend, noone from crew has died) and you are forced out of tank with rest of crew. Same with revert situation - you hit AI tank into tracks, and watch how them disembarking workable vehicle - thats must be changed in order to make tanks fully effective.

Too be honest, crew bailing on a mobility kill is just a general purpose behavior.  I.E if you get hit by a tank round and have no location of the tank, would you stay in basically a none-moving deathbox knowing the next round will hit?

1 hour ago, silentghoust said:

Too be honest, crew bailing on a mobility kill is just a general purpose behavior.  I.E if you get hit by a tank round and have no location of the tank, would you stay in basically a none-moving deathbox knowing the next round will hit?

The problem is that the crew will die anyway because they move away from the vehicle too slowly. Furthermore I believe before bailing out, the commander should use smoke to conceil the crew (if available).

All in all, there's alot to tweak when it comes to that behaviour.

• Like 2