Damian90

Tanks DLC Feedback

we really need a realistic gyroscopic stabilization in Arma 3 tanks so shooting on the move is actually possible. 

2 hours ago, texkaz said:

I dont care what you do with the DLC as long as you dont break the mods or atleast give some of the big modders like CUP and RHS a heads-up

That's what Dev branch is for. ;)

• Like 2

On 25. 9. 2017 at 5:54 PM, Night515 said:

Any particular issues reventing it's implementation?

Lack of available programmers, as almost all of them are working on Enfusion.

And now for something positive - while I can't give you any specific info, I can say that many of the issues mentioned here are on our long list of things we'd like to improve/fix/add. And they are progressing quite nicely.

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, wattywatts said:

Lack of available programmers, as almost all of them are working on Enfusion.

And now for something positive - while I can't give you any specific info, I can say that many of the issues mentioned here are on our long list of things we'd like to improve/fix/add. And they are progressing quite nicely.

Thanks for the info. ;)

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll also get a mini campaign like the (excellent) Remnants of War along with the new toys. Something inspired by The Beast of War but with us playing as an AAF tank crew when they were involved in guerilla warfare before CSAT&NATO got heavily involved. Maybe even playing as AAF in Oreokastro assault as an alternative "what if..." scenario.:scratchchin:

• Like 3

Just replayed Showcase Tanks and here are a few things I noticed.

- Tanks seem to do a backflip when exploding after the physX update.

- Can we get an audible or visual indicator for when the gunner is ready to shoot?. Without HUD there is no way to tell when the main gun is ready to fire.

- The FCS seems to be very inaccurate when used by AI gunners. In fact, my gunner wasn't able to land a single hit on distances greater 1500km. (Our tank and target standing still; Happens also quite often on shorter distances)

- Reconfigure the dispersion rate for AI when they are using the tanks's MG. Right now they mostly use single shots, and the closer one gets to the target the longer the burst, that's quite obvious. In my opinion the AI should spray a bit more even on greater distances. (The Slammer has 4000 rounds)

- When running over trees, they very often fall against the direction they were hit from, causing a ugly visual glitch (Not important but wanted to mention it anyway)

- Please remove/replace those weird power poles which can't be destroyed. I got stuck 2 times because I thought I could ran over them

- Could we have a command menu entry to tell the gunner to "Watch my direction"?

That's all for now ;)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stingray_ said:

we really need a realistic gyroscopic stabilization in Arma 3 tanks so shooting on the move is actually possible. 

But stab on should not end like an fire and forget Autolock which it simply is not. Shooting from stationary position must retain its tactical advantage in reloading speed and precision, because that's just the real advantage a good stationary defense or attack position gives tanks RL. It is also the main reason why tactics exist that only have half of the platoon movine,  while the rear guard covers.

I tested the stabilization in A3 recently and compared with a few viedos about tanks.

In RL, especially during sudden vertical kicks, the cannon is loosing the alignment to the target for a short moment before it realigns.

In A3, the cannon is always aligned when you are as human gunner inside. Ubergyro. With AI, the cannon is both horizontal + vertically always aligned.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:57 AM, wattywatts said:

But please don't get too hyped about APS, it's highly unlikely it will get in game.

Well, that's that.

Can anyone confirm that tanks behave very strange on tarmac? Seems like the tracks slip.

Regarding the DLC, I wish they would also fix something that to me is So bad but with a little love could open up a new way of playing. I know this is a TANKS DLC but it would be amazing if they would fix the MRAP'S in the game as part of the DLC.

Here are my wishes:

1) IRL the M-ATV has run flat tires so if they are shot out the vehicle can keep going for about 2ks. Please can we have this?

2) If the engine block is shot, it can still travel for about 1.5ks so this would be nice.

3) It's an MRAP! Today they can whithstand most small arms fire and i'm told most types of mines and  IED's. Yes the vehicles might be so damaged they cant drive but the people inside will almost survive it. So By 2035 the Protection will be better. Please can We have MRAP'S that Live up to the name?

4) Please make the glass on the MRAP'S even tougher and also the tires against small arms.

5) Please flesh out the Cabins with radios and a proper TAC or SAT NAV for the commanders side.

Having MRAP's that don't explode just looking it AT mines or IED's would be a game changer as if the vehicle is damaged then you have to protect it while your recovery truck ( hint hint - the new mmrs i think its called) would Come and take it back to base to be fixed.

Also one Last dream/request/wish is could we please please please have proper ISTAR's tools and Monitors in any ground vehicle that is meant to be a recon vehicle?

On 9/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, krycek said:

I wonder if we'll also get a mini campaign like the (excellent) Remnants of War along with the new toys. Something inspired by The Beast of War but with us playing as an AAF tank crew when they were involved in guerilla warfare before CSAT&NATO got heavily involved. Maybe even playing as AAF in Oreokastro assault as an alternative "what if..." scenario.:scratchchin:

A Tank Campaign that's on a Map that isn't set in a Climate near the equator...  its odd but jungle and Desert warfare are so obsessed over and yet we know eventually we'll be looking at an mountain warfare conflict sooner or later given tentions with russian and north Korea where there was some rather brutal winter fighting.

Though The light tanks that were discussed would perfectly match a Gurialla hit and run scenario.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:47 PM, Beagle said:

But stab on should not end like an fire and forget Autolock which it simply is not. Shooting from stationary position must retain its tactical advantage in reloading speed and precision, because that's just the real advantage a good stationary defense or attack position gives tanks RL. It is also the main reason why tactics exist that only have half of the platoon movine,  while the rear guard covers.

Agreed, i'm not looking for target tracking, more position tracking.

To clarify, in Arma, if a tank is driving North (bearing 0) with the turret facing North East (bearing 45) tracking a stationary target at a certain range. As the tank drives, if no input is provided into the gun, the turret will continue to face a relative compass bearing of 45 degrees. However, if the gunner wants to maintain current target, the gunner must continue to slew the gun at a increased rate based dependent on speed and distance to the target. 

IRL, this constant aim maintenance is handled by the FCS and as long as the vehicle doesn't go up or down extreme hills making the gun move outside of it's elevation limits, the gunner can maintain aim on a static target with no input necessary. This is what I want. This was a major contributing factor to why The Battle of 73 Easting was so one sided...

Off topic but am I the only one who prefers documentaries from '40 through '90 when narrator wasn't about to murder somebody any minute and "epic" music wasn't playing in background throughout the whole thing? One watches this sort of thing to learn something, not to be "entertained".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Janez said:

Off topic but am I the only one who prefers documentaries from '40 through '90 when narrator wasn't about to murder somebody any minute and "epic" music wasn't playing in background throughout the whole thing? One watches this sort of thing to learn something, not to be "entertained".

I prefer the British narrator with music that sounds so 80's it makes me wanna grow a mullet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Janez said:

No, i miss the old history channel documentaries. This one is for sure over produced but it's what I found with the quick google search.

Sorry for my English.

Suggestions:

1) Optics say "Goodbye"

bmp3-pricel.jpg

B566AAB4-0608-4891-91CA-6DB06472DFF7_w65

1356778435_aim_7serafim7_082_vwot.ru.jpg

2) Tower "Bye bye"

tank.jpg

ab4f15f9c3a25299de42cb81e98d0f81.jpg

734996000f279d47ac2c89d84a7d0b87.jpg

3) Main Turret is down

b3a7a0bc54d4b10b919388ce4e0f7bd8.jpg

1eb7be662e998dba89bd9b757bb5eacb.jpg

2a47553f2923a7e8d495fbbf42ff1897.jpg

fFe6DDw.jpg

main-qimg-06b99b13b18cd511bcea02fa77de08

4) Tracks - Status Red

83b83e8373b08da4aa0b231fb2912709.jpg

999c494526.jpg

5) Diffirent colors for Termal modes for different factions (CSAT - Red, as example)

targetcolours_4.jpg

6) New AA Vehicle's

zrpk-pantsir-s1-na-baz-qkama-08.jpg

bpg77.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think one thing thats seems to be forgotten about is AI.

I've only discovered the potential of commanding an AI crew when in a tank, there are some great features but also a few missing, such as.

1) Commanding the gunner (or any crewman) to scan the direction you're looking.

[Currently you can get the crewman to scan a preset direction, but not where you, as the commander, are looking]

2) Commanding the gunner to track the exact point you, as the commander, are looking at. i.e, the gunner moves the turret in conjunction with your movement of the commanding view port. 

[Thus if you quickly need to change target, you can get the gunner to look exactly what you're looking at and track, rather than the gunner just looking straight or trying to figure out which target to target in a list of many. Also allow you to do cresting drills, turret down --> Track target as commander ---> hull down ---> Gunner then tracks where commander is looking ---> shoot ---> Reverse]

3) A way for you, as the commander, to manually target a vehicle.

[Currently, to get the gunner to target a vehicle I have to wait till the AI themselves recognise it as a target/threat, then it becomes available for the gunner to track. If there was a way the commander could manually target a vehicle for the crew that would make the whole experience a whole lot smoother, and also allow for cresting drills to be smoother as you can just target a vehicle, shoot and move off, you dont have to sit the top of the mound, wait for the AI to decide whether its an enemy or not, then attack, ultimately making the whole cresting drill sloppy and blocky]

From my recent experiences trying to command an AI crew effectively, which isnt too bad, I felt like those 3 additions above would be amazing features and enhance the AI crew experience even further.  

EDIT: Another AI suggestion....

4) The ability to commander the driver to turn off the engine.

[As sometimes you might be setting up a listening post or ultimately just want the engine off for various reasons. Currently you just have to wait for the AI to turn off the engine as they see fit, which may be quick or may be never]

• Like 5

Alright, let's stop with the unrealistic vehicle wishes for a moment and get to something completely different...

... I am hoping the new singleplayer mission(s) will feature the AAF faction. First, because there is not a single mission in A3 where you're playing as the AAF faction. Second, because there's still potential here from a timeline point of view. Closer to the end of the East Wind campaign, AAF/CSAT and NATO are clashing together. As we are taking control of Kerry, we don't know what exactly happens in other parts of north eastern Altis, which makes this is a good point in time to fill a gab.

The AAF is speaking english in the game, so there's no need for a fancy translation and special voice actors either. Also we already have a tank showcase with the NATO. See? Playing for the AAF makes perfectly sense here.

Oh, and the Kuma is the first to get its stats revisited on the dev-branch, so maybe it's already considered?

• Like 5

My suggestion: add a config setting for turrets that would let player use the ballistic computer in manual fire mode, even if the turret is empty. Currently you need to have AI soldier in it to get BC working at all.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 3:13 AM, lexx said:

Alright, let's stop with the unrealistic vehicle wishes for a moment and get to something completely different...

... I am hoping the new singleplayer mission(s) will feature the AAF faction. First, because there is not a single mission in A3 where you're playing as the AAF faction. Second, because there's still potential here from a timeline point of view. Closer to the end of the East Wind campaign, AAF/CSAT and NATO are clashing together. As we are taking control of Kerry, we don't know what exactly happens in other parts of north eastern Altis, which makes this is a good point in time to fill a gab.

The AAF is speaking english in the game, so there's no need for a fancy translation and special voice actors either. Also we already have a tank showcase with the NATO. See? Playing for the AAF makes perfectly sense here.

Oh, and the Kuma is the first to get its stats revisited on the dev-branch, so maybe it's already considered?

Let's stop with the vehicle wishes all together because they've definitely selected what they want already...

I'd actually prefer playing as CSAT, personally. AAF would be cool too, though.

Yeah, but CSAT comes with the need of additional translations. Also it can be tricky to set up schedules with the voice actor/s (to be honest, sometimes I feel it's only one voice actor and the Griffin / other call signs are just edited to sound a bit different). Oh, and it's likely more expensive.

For the AAF you just need a slightly greek accent and you're pretty much set.

Even though the AAF is not my fav+ faction, I find it weird and a bit of a waste not to have any playable content featuring them in the game as of now.

• Like 2

OK Tact-Ops dont have any asset... Tell us what vehicles are going to be included in Tanks DLC. We have it bought already!

53 minutes ago, esfumato said:

OK Tact-Ops dont have any asset... Tell us what vehicles are going to be included in Tanks DLC. We have it bought already!

I am sure there will be news on what its been included, when it is ready and not before.