lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon Maps - Castle, Prison Camp, Docks, etc.

Hiya, this thread is evolving.

While I started with Castle Day from Ghost Recon, the WIP is evolving, read on:

It's not a whole map that I'm making as such but what one would call a map from Ghost Recon.

For those who loved and played the original Ghost Recon, Castle Day was used in a couple of coop missions but was renowned by PvP players as one of the great maps.

I knew there were some castle assets in the editor (thanks to CUP team bringing them across to A3) and the Eden Editor makes object placement easy.

So I thought I would try and create a solid remake of the map.

This is what I have so far after 4 days (or about 10 hours) in the editor.

castle1.jpg
castle2.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle5.jpg
castle6.jpg
castle7.jpg
castle8.jpg
castle9.jpg
castle10.jpg
castle11.jpg
castle12.jpg
castle13.jpg
castle14.jpg
castle15.jpg
castle16.jpg
castle17.jpg

I'd like to put it out there for some PvP testing soon because I can't wait to relive the glory days of Castle Day.

Then I'll knock out a couple of Ghost Recon missions on it.

A bunch more new screenshots here of other OGR remakes I've been working on - https://postimg.org/gallery/1bw5dyfz6/97dbf575/

Competed compositions -

:)

lightspeed the ghost recon diehard

• Like 19

Nice work. This was my first venture into anything MilSim. Having it Arma would bring back some very cool memories.

There's a really good resemblance to the original. Excellent job. I always loved Ghost recon 1, and still break it out now and then. :)

Shamefully, I did *finally* retire my OGR install a couple of years back. So many thousands of hours. So many happy times :)

I did run this particular map/mission many a time, and the look and atmosphere is really spot on, given the models to work with. Very nice indeed.

This looks great!   Wonder if I could ask for a re-creation of the Terrorist hunt mission Camp aswell?   That would be amazing if we can get that as a placeable composition and a mission to play with!

Keep up this great work!  Hope to see much from Ghost Recon in Arma 3. 

Yup, recreating Witch Fire at the moment, and will set up a Terrorist Hunt too.

Then for old times sake I want to set up a Total Random Respawns MP game (you have 3 or 5 respawns and you will respawn at one of 30 different positions in and around the castle.

• Like 1

Yes!  Waiting for this.....If we could get this as a pre-made template/composition ,it will be a "always use" mod/composition for me!  A +1.

Thank you so much- I'll be making some missions on this with my GR mod :)

The first Ghost Recon... remember good old times!

Good luck for this project, I liked it!

• Like 1

Everybody get your passports ready.

• Like 1

So I thought last night, if I'm going to do this, let's see what else I can produce.

This was round about the same time as I said, f* let's have a crack at the OGR Campaign on Chernarus - the ideal map really for OGR.

Castle - Done.

Caves - Done, so to speak. Impossible to recreate the map but I have created a good cave and it's hidden somewhere up in the hills.

POW Camp - done.

I don't think I can produce it all but I think I can recreate at least half of the missions.

I will do half of this as a winter campaign using Winter Chernarus.

I'm excited already.

• Like 2

Today I found the right spot for Farm Night also known as Eager Smoke, and have placed the objects.

Looks good already!

While Island Thunder was a remake with some new ideas incorporated and not much stealth required, I want to create missions this time round with less opfor but with a requirement to maintain stealth for a period of time as part of completing objectives.

• Like 2

Will you make weapons too?  There are a lot,or at least the XM-25 and various other guns that where in mods of that day.I hope that the Terrorist Hideout Camp /Hunt will be at least that big ,we can put down a helo (or 3 at once)  inside of it.

Or maybe different sizes of camps.  If you need a Snowstorm script,there is one on Armaholic. If possible,could we use zeus to change weather?

Will you make a entire campain for A3?  Would be great.But I would also like the various assets to be as a composition we could place where ever we

wanted to.

Keep this up! Many people like it. 

• Like 1

Now because of you I got to download Ghost Recon and replay it for good old times sake.

• Like 1

Will you make weapons too? There are a lot,or at least the XM-25 and various other guns that where in mods of that day.I hope that the Terrorist Hideout Camp /Hunt will be at least that big ,we can put down a helo (or 3 at once) inside of it.

Or maybe different sizes of camps. If you need a Snowstorm script,there is one on Armaholic. If possible,could we use zeus to change weather?

Will you make a entire campain for A3? Would be great.But I would also like the various assets to be as a composition we could place where ever we

wanted to.

Keep this up! Many people like it.

Not sure what camp you're talking about?

I will be putting together their gear and weapons.

I've gone back to do a lot more work on Caves to try to create that feeling of moving up through forbidding cliffs and some well-placed machine gun nests.

Obviously can't do it exactly like the original but I feel like this does the original justice.

Also have mission objectives placed and starting to run a few tests.

Kits are pretty much same as Island Thunder but the uniforms get an overhaul as per OGR.

• Like 1

So f*n annoying, I built the whole Caves mission and started testing but it's unplayable because for AI it's like tree canopys and forest generally just dont exist.

Readily engaging through 300 m of forest like its a barren, open field.

So downing tools on this until I can figure out alternative - leaning towards creating it all on an A3 map which is def not ideal, in fact it's f*ed.

Little look from Apex's heroes unleashed campaign edit of castle

TMbUdBi.jpg

• Like 2