Sign in to follow this  
mav783

Shutdown instantly in 5 FPS bug (multiplayer only)

Hi everyone,

I searched that before and didn't find anysolution (i installed back DirectX, change my sound quality in windows, check my RAM use, my GPU use and my CPU use when the "bug" is on... and it look totally normal).

When i play solo, i got around 50 FPS  with ArmA 3, depending the situation. I can play like this hours and hours without any problem.

In multiplayer, especialy in AltisLife servers, i can play correctly one hour max, then...without warning, i fall immedialty at 5FPS (4-5, not more, not less...).

All the textures turn instantly to be low (more low than the law option of the game), the 3D objects and field become totally scare (it look like HalfLife1 haha), and the players mooves without any animations.

Then it stay like this.

To fix it, i need to restart the game (not the computer). And i play one hour, and it come back again.

Do theire is some news and new ways to fix that definitivly ?

Thanks everyone.

++

Config :

- I7 5930K (not OC)

- Nvidia GTX Titan X (Maxwell) (driver is updated) (not OC)

- 32Go RAM (Crucial Ballistix Sport in DDR4)

- Intel C610 X99

- Windows 10 - 64bits (updated)

- DirectX12

Do theire is some news and new ways to fix that definitivly ?

They know there's a memory issue in multi-player and are working on it.

You can try a new memory allocator in this thread, but it's not perfect yet.

• Like 2

I get similar issues.

I have found that I need to have ~25Gb free on my swap-partition (i.e. my C: SSD) or else I run out of resources after about an hour's play. Else, make sure you close everything other than arma / steam when you play!

On multiplayer servers, often this happens when loading the second map.

As kridian said, check out the memory allocator provided on iceman's thread and report back if that fixed the issue for you or if it caused a change in your situation, I suggest on the other thread.

It works for some people and the more can give input the faster the problem can be pinpoint.

Thank you and good luck

Retch

Is there any update on when we can expect this problem to be fixed? I'm not usually one to make demands of developers but I've been unable to play multiplayer for about a month now and it's extremely frustrating. I don't expect a game I paid and own to be rendered unplayable for extended periods of time.