{
model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_BlueBerry.p3d";
affectedByWind = 0.05;
swLighting = 1;
scaleMin = 0.85;
scaleMax = 1.3;
};

and continues correctly for the rest of the names[]

When I test, all the clutter that appears in this terrain appears corrupted, say "FernAutumn" with some normal and some different COLORS of fern leaves (as if the fern was applying a blueberry to it's .p3d)
It happens with my other terrains somewhat, but this pink and purple fern leaves is a dead giveaway that some object is not being read correctly.  I will investigate more, and upload my clutter.h, surfaces.h should it be necessary. 

For example:

I have in CfgSurfaces:

class Forest1: Default

{

access = 2;

files = "strforest_pine_*";

rough = 0.12;

maxSpeedCoef = 0.8;

dust = 0.4;

lucidity = 3.5;

grassCover = 0.04;

soundEnviron = "drygrass";

character = "ForestFirClutter";

soundHit = "soft_ground";

impact = "hitGroundSoft";

surfaceFriction = 1.7;

};

and in CfgSurfacesCharacters:

class ForestFirClutter

{

probability[] = {0.4,0.1,0.1,0.15,0.05};

names[] = {"BlueBerry","FernAutumn","FernAutumnTall","SmallPicea","RaspBerry"};

};

yes these are defined in clutter.h:

class BlueBerry: DefaultClutter

{

model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_BlueBerry.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.05;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.85;

scaleMax = 1.3;

};

and continues correctly for the rest of the names[]

When I test, all the clutter that appears in this terrain appears corrupted, say "FernAutumn" with some normal and some different COLORS of fern leaves (as if the fern was applying a blueberry to it's .p3d)

It happens with my other terrains somewhat, but this pink and purple fern leaves is a dead giveaway that some object is not being read correctly. I will investigate more, and upload my clutter.h, surfaces.h should it be necessary.

I don't know what your sat map looks like but clutter color can be influenced by that. I believe there is a line in the code you can set that will turn that option off. Check the sample config I know I've seen it in there. If you can't find it I'll check tonight.

• Like 1

I don't know what your sat map looks like but clutter color can be influenced by that. I believe there is a line in the code you can set that will turn that option off. Check the sample config I know I've seen it in there. If you can't find it I'll check tonight.

I have not found which part of the config would toggle this.

But I have found out that even when I remove the object.p3d that are multi colored from my surfaces, they still show up!  So I am now trying to figure out what stage the clutter is created: in the generation of layers in TB? in the exporting of the .wrp? I've determined it can't be in the creating of the .pbo, which I thought it was.

I have not found which part of the config would toggle this.

But I have found out that even when I remove the object.p3d that are multi colored from my surfaces, they still show up!  So I am now trying to figure out what stage the clutter is created: in the generation of layers in TB? in the exporting of the .wrp? I've determined it can't be in the creating of the .pbo, which I thought it was.

Bulldozer ignores your config files, clutter, config.cpp etc. The layer generation controls the surface texture. PBOProject is when clutter and everything gets added in.

Did you extract the arma 2 objects correct? Are you using pbo project? Could you post a screenshot, so it shows the problem better maybe

Hey thanks for the advice - I've been using the same texture for multiple clutter classes, so I ended up with some poorly referenced texture names and I've corrected them. (I was so sure I had everything right  <_< )

The clutter's color is still wacky looking, and I'm thinking I should just edit my satellite map if that indeed has an effect on the color of the clutter

Try this in your config

maxClutterColoringCoef="1.15f"; //especially this one, if set so it means minimum discoloration of your clutter

Other useful lines regarding map textures are
terrainBlendMaxDarkenCoef="0.85f";
terrainBlendMaxBrightenCoef="0.15f";

Try this in your config

maxClutterColoringCoef="1.15f"; //especially this one, if set so it means minimum discoloration of your clutter

Other useful lines regarding map textures are
terrainBlendMaxDarkenCoef="0.85f";
terrainBlendMaxBrightenCoef="0.15f";

Thank you!

This has also pointed me to the CfgSurfaces config reference in wiki (which I didn't find before)

Would the maxClutterColoringCoef line goes into cfgSurfaces with every clutter class? 

For example:

class Whatever: Default
{
access = 2;
files = "file_whatever*";
rough = 0.08;
maxSpeedCoef = 0.9;
maxClutterColoringCoef = "1.15f";  (what does the f mean?)
dust = 0.15;
lucidity = 4;
grassCover = 0.05;
soundEnviron = "what";
character = "ever";
soundHit = "soft_what";
impact = "hit_ever";
surfaceFriction = 1.7;
};

maxClutterColoringCoef = "1.15f";  (what does the f mean?)

Colour ranges from 0.0f to 1.0f, just like 0 to 255 or 00 to FF