Sign in to follow this  
Timmothias

Texturing problems

i checked out the m16 tut so that i could texture my skyscraper model, but i am having some troubles.

question 1: how do i tile the texture on the face, or will it do that automatically? this would help to greatly reduce the filesize.

and more importantly, question 2: i set my texture as the background texture, select the faces i want, (i don't really position it, because i want it to be a tiled texture) and then i hit A. the background texture appears in 02, but when i check it out in buldozer, the texture doesnt appear. i'm thinkin it has something to do with the reference to the .paa, but i dunno.

You hit B to assign the texture to the faces, not A. That might be your problem wink.gif

And O2 can't tile the textures. You say "Put this precise part of the texture on this/these faces".

Then you can move the texture around and tile it manually, but that's time consuming.

Also, bulldozer only shows textured faces when they are selected. So to see all textured faces do a select all.

er, no. Buldozer will show the textures even when you haven't selected everything.

If you have any vertexes selected, it will only show the texture applied to those faces. If you have no vertexes selected it will show everything.

Thats what I was trying to say....... my posts are like star trek films - ignore all the odd numbered ones smile.gif

What about tiling textures - I think not but I don't know for sure.