OwentheTyley

All maps/scenarios require 'purchase'

All the scenarios, editor maps, campaigns etc. on my install have had their 'play' buttons replaced with 'purchase', the same as Tanoa would have if I didn't have Apex. Pressing the 'purchase' button on anything other than Tanoa does nothing (Tanoa brings me to the Apex page on steam). I haven't changed anything drastic on my install, but do have a few mods installed. I've tested with and without mods and I get the same results. The files exist, and I know that because I get the background screen with scenes from the game on the main landing page. I guess it might be something to do with encryption? I've verified game cache, uninstalled and reinstalled via steam and that hasn't helped. That said, I was slightly surprised that the conditions (core count etc.) on the launcher still continued, so I guess that there were some files not deleted. Any other tips/solutions? I'm at my wit's end here.

Thanks

Owenthetyley

All the scenarios, editor maps, campaigns etc. on my install have had their 'play' buttons replaced with 'purchase', the same as Tanoa would have if I didn't have Apex. Pressing the 'purchase' button on anything other than Tanoa does nothing (Tanoa brings me to the Apex page on steam). I haven't changed anything drastic on my install, but do have a few mods installed. I've tested with and without mods and I get the same results. The files exist, and I know that because I get the background screen with scenes from the game on the main landing page. I guess it might be something to do with encryption? I've verified game cache, uninstalled and reinstalled via steam and that hasn't helped. That said, I was slightly surprised that the conditions (core count etc.) on the launcher still continued, so I guess that there were some files not deleted. Any other tips/solutions? I'm at my wit's end here.

Thanks

Owenthetyley

Have you tried verifying your game cache in steam? This will resync your game so its a fresh install.

Yep, I've verified it and even done a manual uninstall and then reinstall via steam. I'm currently reinstalling once more.

Also, Nice to see you here. Played with you a couple of times on the Zeus Community servers.

Thanks,

Owenthetyley

Well, this second reinstall has at least completely wiped everything, and yet the problem continues. I get exactly what someone loading up ARMA for the first time would get, except the purchase buttons are still there. Interestingly, having checked the multiplayer as well, no servers appear and attempts to host my own fail due to not being able to choose any missions (only purchase them)

Stable, and yes I own Tanoa and all the DLC. I have just tried updating to dev branch, and it hasn't changed anything (although I got a 'welcome to Arma 3 APEX message upon opening).

Very very strange...Try setting up a new profile in game maybe? not sure why it would help, but you seem to have tried everything else.

Otherwise, I would contact BI support : https://support.bistudio.com/

Just tried that ineptaphid, nothing :(

Thanks all for your help, reaching out to Bohemia Support now. 

Good luck Do post here again with an update of how you get on.

Well, my problems have been solved. Upon reverting to the stable branch, combined with running as administrator, my problems are solved. Not sure what it was which did it, but it's working now. Thanks, all -- and especially Bohemia support -- for your help.

Denvercoder9 out.

• Like 1

Damnit i have the same problem but with different conditions. I am running a server which doesnt let anyone join who does not own the APEX DLC (same thing with the buttons). I have it tho, so i cannot test it myself. Playing plain vanilla also works but as soon as we play a community terrain, the server doesnt allow any new players who do not own tanoa (saying the map would be depended on the apex dlc - but it isnt. this becomes clear when hosting these missions locally, which works). BI doesnt give support tho, because they say it is a mod problem. Do you have any idea what could help in this scenario when it seems to be server sided?

Very very strange...Try setting up a new profile in game maybe? not sure why it would help, but you seem to have tried everything else.

Otherwise, I would contact BI support : https://support.bistudio.com/

Am only posting because I read you have to post a certain number of times to create new topic.  That sounds kind of crazy.  They want to avoid spam, so I have to bump old topics?

Anyway, that's a useful link. 

Nice to read the OP had a good support exp.

Hopefully, a problem I'm having can be resolved here though.