The IFA2 version is a challenge, for those who never played Ragnarok the IFA2 version would maybe to hard for them idk, I've played it so much that I can almost

predict what their going to do and know how to counter it depends. Other then some missing textures,

and the cursor not showing up which I have no idea why, it plays like its supposed to.

Update

Recently this past week Rydygier contacted me about some free time he had and had already started working on fixes, and updates.

So far we had fixed most of the major issues in the mission/mode that I reported and recorded vids on pages back, and after testing for several hours this past evening,

i had only ran into real minor bugs, after Rydygier gets the chance to fix those, we should be able to release a new version.

I plan to update all the missions on steamworkshop as well as for regular zip download once the remaining issues are sorted, so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Update- New version released!

After several months, Rydygier was able to get some freetime to Fix/update the issues in the mission.

please note that there may still be some issues with the mission/mode so if you think you have run across any please report them here!

Changelog:

Fixed
- Heavy & Very Heavy tank allocation buttons/functions not working
- Script-related message for tank factory
- Enemy commander doesn't deploy a static mortar
- Red Icons for soldiers (circle), transports, halftracks, and tanks (sideways diamond) for the enemy dont show on map when your forces see them nearby

Fixed & rebuilt
- Enemy AI commander create many transport trucks/ambulances instead of a balanced number with more tanks/infantry

Rydygier comment
Hopefully fixed. In fact, base managing AI was redone in some parts, for better, I hope.  

Improved
- Transporting troops (embarking/disembarking in combat)
- Enemy AI seems not aggressive enough, and or doesn't not deploy enough forces
Rydygier comment
Hopefully improved. Added second sub-leader to enable simultaneous attacking two flags etc. Known is rare circumstance,

when AI may stuck during flag taking progress

(when for any reason further flag is taken before actual targeted flag, reasons stay unclear so far).

Changed
- player incarnated as driver before when he gets into a tank, now incarnates as Commander, which will give you command and access to all other seats

Removed
- Crows & flies over dead bodies to save performance.

Missions with all Changes/fixes & updates applied

- Ragnarok'44 Demo - (now version 1.3)

- Ragnarok'44 City Under Duress - (now version 1.1)

- Ragnarok'44 Ivachev Clash - (now version 1.1)

All missions Zip & Steam workshop have been updated with the latest version.

1st post updated with latest download!

New missions coming soon!

• Like 3

Update

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that I have 5 missions that I have ported over from the IFA2 version this past week!

My plan is I need to play each mission to take screenshots, record some gameplay clips, and an overview vid for each of the missions.

The missions I have currently are the following:

• Panovo_Front
  • Baranow_Crossroads
  • Battle_for_Staszow
  • Colleville_Engaged
  • The_Szydlow_Stalemate

These missions once the media aspect of them are done, will be available for download as a zip, and be on steam workshop.

I could easily just release them now, but i want to do it right and get them on steam workshop, and i dont like the idea of just uploading them on there

and having no screenshots, or vid on them. Besides playing the above missions to many times, the last one on the list there had issues

in the previous Ragnarok'44 version (IFA3) before our recent update here, but now that alot of the issues are fixed, and Rydygier upgraded the AI ;)

You can expect these missions to give you a challenge.

To be honest, yes i have played these missions many times, but have yet to play them since the recent update, and so far from playing Ivachev Clash and the Demo mission

itself for testing, i know im in for a fight, anyways stay tuned, the first mission should be ready for release Saturday!

Edit..... Adding some more info:

I'm going to be recording and creating a new "How to build your own Ragnarok'44 mission tutorial" video to replace the current one.
The new how to video will be based off of the latest Ragnarok'44 update which adds new triggers and other things to the map that you dont see in the current How to video,

Plus since I now am able to record my computer desktop, I can further better demonstrate, and show you what tools, and what folders files, to use and what goes where vs just screenshots,

so stay tuned for a new video soon!

Edited by Gunter Severloh
added some more info.
  • Like 1

Update - bug

Found an issue when you applied IFA3 Lite's latest update (v1.16), missions wont load in the editor, and im sure they wont start if your running the latest version of IFA3 Lite.

The reason is with one file, El Tyranos, reported about that the file causing the issue will be fixed:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190809-iron-front-in-arm3-lite-preview-versions/?do=findComment&comment=3154977

so stay tuned, its IFA3 Lite issue not Ragnarok'44 issue.

• Like 1

Update - Fix

The following missions have been updated:

On 10/18/2016 at 0:42 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

The update is a small fix, the Russian headquarters were floating in the air, so i had adjusted them accordingly, steam workshop updated as well.

In other Ragnarok'44 news I have several other missions coming soon, they are all built already, just need to do the media parts for them, stay tuned!

• Like 1

Update - new missions

I been working on videos and porting some new missions all sunday/monday morning, and here they are:

Ragnarok'44-Baranow_Crossroads v1.0 (zip) - Steam Workshop

Ragnarok'44-Colleville_Engaged v1.0 (zip) - Steam Workshop

Ragnarok'44-The_Szydlow_Stalemate v1.0 (zip) - Steam Workshop

Ragnarok'44_Panovo_Front v1.0 (zip) - Steam Workshop

Ragnarok'44_Paros_Front v1.0) (zip) - Steam Workshop

Also i should have a new "How to build your own Ragnarok'44 Missions" video tutorial coming Tuesday as well, this new vid is an updated version of the previous one,

with more detail, and its a new version because of the recent update to the mission mode, so stay tuned!

Tireless Gunter. :) Thanks for all that work.

If anyone spot any bug, we'll appreciate bug reports, it is the best way to see the problem fixed (if possible, which not always is the case). For example there's a known issue, that artillery (tested with German mortar) doesn't respond properly on doArtilleryFire command, which prevents them from any shooting (the only visible effect is changing facing toward target). Can't fix it my end. 

Thanks Rydygier,

There has been 2 issues which i been noticing, and those are as follows:

1. When you have lets say 2 squads of infantry, 1 being a mg squad and the other being an AT squad, and you put them both in an Opel Blitz truck, after arriving at the destination,

when you click on the mg squad to tell them to exit the vehicle, the AT squad gets out 1st instead, either way the other squad gets out first and not the one you chose.

2. The other issue i noticed is the Russian infantry after they have spawned in do not use transport trucks to get around, as much as i play I've yet to see them ever show up in trucks or get around in them,

they always travel around in either small squads, ort large squads on foot, other then that, once they have sufficient supplies (SP's ) captured to build and deploy tanks, the tanks are out and about

but infantry never use trucks.

============

On my end, idk about you but i still get the mg statics for both Germans and Russians part way in the ground, its like they spawn there, it seems either the trench that they spawn

in is to high or something idk, but i get that issue every time, any mission.

================

How to build your own Missions video tutorial

In other news I have a new video tutorial on how to build your own missions.

This is an updated one that goes further in depth, and provides more details, since Ragnarok's last update, there were a few changes and added features which changed

what is in the mission, so i figured I would need to cover it, the procedure is the same none the less, for those who know how to create reg arma missions  that have scripts and transfer

the files, this tutorial should be a cinch for you, for the new guys, follow my directions and ask questions if you have any, heres the video:

Keep in mind this vid will be here as well----> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/?page=2#comment-3109121

• Like 1

ive spent about a hour trying to give the germans a commander maybe im just dumb but the germans just sit there with me as a russian solder if you  guys know what im  doing wrong message ne on steam i use the same name as the forms

ps ive never worked with the arma editor

Hi welcome to Bis forums!

Ya i know you from the steam on the Ragnarok'44 mod.

Let try to explain as best as i can, Rydygier can im sure clear it up better but the mission series is scripted and setup where the player is the German commander, thats pretty obvious but

only way i think you can really play as a soldier is to incarnate into soldiers already under your command, i know thats not what your looking for but, lets see what Rydygier says.

if you  guys know what im  doing wrong message ne on steam

Much better to talk about  that here IMO. So, first, don't know, what you're doing wrong, since I don't know, what exactly you're doing. :)

If I understood correctly, you're trying to play as Soviets with Germans run by AI commander?

It needs some scripting to set up HAL commander for German side.

But even if you do, it's not all. AI, that runs Soviet base building and units production need to be set up to command Germans now, when you're playing Soviets. But in default version this AI code will not work with German side, need to be modified - even more scripting required. Plus more for small things like initial view with Soviets instead of Germans etc. Not mentioning stuff like GUI icons for Soviets etc.

I'm affraid, preparing Ragnarok version, where player is commandig Soviets while AI - Germans, is not so simple, requires decent scripting knowledge and good understanding of these particular scripts. Work for few/several days for person with such knowledge, not an hour for someone, who first time run the Arma editor. Frankly, I'm not optimistic about your attempts. Just no. It's nothing, that Arma editing newbie could achieve by Arma editor, sorry, too complex, far too ambitous. 

With some effort I probably could (there was such version in A2/IF release IIRC), but it's highly unlikely to happen anytime soon. Absolutely no free mind to focus on this now and frankly no will either, since apparently this mission isn't popular enough to justify any further time/work investment, even, if I could find time some day.  Which is a pity. IMHO it's really enjoyable scenario, and judging by practically non existent feedback, nearly no one care about it. Happens. 

Thanks for posting Rydygier and giving some insight and feedback.

This is what Marksman Sinon asked initially on the steam workshop Ragnarok'44 mod page:

i was wondering if the enemy ai commander could be given to bluefor so i could just play as a soldier on the front line or co commanding if not its no big deal

So basically he just wants to be a soldier for the bluefor and not command, maybe a soldier for the Russians.

Heres the situation, you cant be a soldier for the Russians because Bluefor or the Germans rather are not setup to run by themselves, as everything in Ragnarok'44 is scripted/coded

to be run as a German commander by the player.

The only alternative to that would be to coop where you have a friend who is commander, and you put a soldier in and set them as playable and join and be that soldier, thing is you would have

to setup a respawn or have the commander (your friend) setup zeus and place a respawn dynamically which can be done.

so i can see that working but it wont work in sp. 

Another possibility is which you can already do, is setup your base, and then incarnate into the soldiers, tanks, or whatever you

want to do as you have them, this is how i play most of the time anyways.

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

since apparently this mission isn't popular enough to justify any further time/work investment, even, if I could find time some day.  Which is a pity. IMHO it's really enjoyable scenario,

and judging by practically non existent feedback, nearly no one care about it. Happens. 

I think that could be part my fault as it was getting attention as long as i was building missions, videos, ect. for it, i mean i think there is a little attention to it but it has its limits, what i could

do is setup a coop version so people can play together, that i think can work, they just wont be able to play as the Russians going against the Germans.

But i been busy myself with modding, a realism unit for IFA3, a full time job, then motivation is a factor too, alot of things involved in trying to stay on top of this mission, interest comes and goes with your energy,

and yes i do wish it was more popular, its unique to IFA3.

I think that could be part my fault as it was getting attention as long as i was building missions, videos, ect. for it, i mean i think there is a little attention to it but it has its limits

IMO you did much more (and great job too), than was done for most of the other scenarios out there. Bah. I saw some very popular scenarios, which release was obscure and got no public promotion at all except Forums thread. Some missions, I think, just have no "luck" to draw enough attention. Also, perhaps, it is due to its RTS nature. After all, most Arma players are playing Arma because first person mil sim, basically, what Arma is by default, and why they bought it, and perhaps not many amongst them are interested in experiments taking Arma far from the roots. Heavy mods dependency also tend to be major obstacle. 

you cant be a soldier for the Russians because Bluefor or the Germans rather are not setup to run by themselves, as everything in Ragnarok'44 is scripted/coded

to be run as a German commander by the player.

In short - basically this. Of course, one always may use standalone Hetman (HAL) mod, that in modified form was used in Ragnarok as commanding AI, and set up in editor custom HAL-controlled battle with WW2 units. This way one can be fairly easily just a soldier on the highly dynamic front line, commanded by the AI. 

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

most Arma players are playing Arma because first person mil sim

Ya agree, but Ragnarok'44 gives you that ability to "incarnate" into any soldier, tank, vehicle, static under your command, so you can play RTS as the commander, and also play in 1st and 3rd as well.

Its really not hard to build your own Ragnarok missions, well for a noob it would be but for a regular arma fan if you know your way around a mission folder, editor, and know how

to open a pbo then you can do anything. All the missions for the series can be downloaded either by zip, or through steam workshop.

I would really like to build more missions for Ragnarok, even update the ones already out somehow, it is a fun mission to play.

What i would like to really know is how can i add more assets that the player can spawn, like static mgs, as now theres the MG42, 34 and nebelwerfer 42 for the Germans, among

other vehicles like the 222/series armored vehicles.

What does it take to add 1 vehicle or static that can be placed and or spawned?

gives you that ability to "incarnate"

You learn about this feature only, if you're initially intrested enough to read features details. 

Adding new stuff to buy/spawn need noticeable effort, athough woo core code may simplify some things IIRC (but I don't remember much of this code really). Especially extra scripting is required, when comes to units of unique specificity, like Nebelwerfer, if we want it actually functional (may be not practical though on such short distancies, not sure). Adding new stuff for AI takes more effort (AI has to be modified to cover new toys). Since I'm not willing again immerse into this code now nor in the near future, I can't provide exact required code changes (what, where and how). 

Update

• Fixed the ingame camera as it was to fast, almost uncontrollable, and made missions unplayable  - (whats fixed is when you move your cursor to end of the screen the camera moves).
  • Updated all missions on the workshop, and all downloadable zips with new camera fix aside other updates.
  • Paros Front had markers added, Strategic point positions were adjusted, and various new wrecks added.
  • Other missions had their strategic points adjusted as they were clipping in walls, or fences
  • Battle for Staszow - had its markers changed to black as with red they were almost unreadable.

Note that the camera fix can be easily adjusted, if you still find the camera to fast or not fast enough please let me know

and i can update the mission you are playing, or can tell you what to change.

Plans

My plans for the series are the following:

• Build more missions on the new maps that IFA3 now has, so there is alot more diversity in choice, no longer are we stuck with the maps just from IF itself.
  • Record short tutorial videos on various aspects of the mission, such as camera controls, how to "incarnate" into soldiers, tanks and vehicles, how to load/unload soldiers from vehicles, upgrade your forces, and many other things related.

Credits

I want to thank Rydygier once again for helping me sort out the code for the camera fix, he made it very clear, concise, easy to implement and adjustable

without this fix the Ragnarok missions probably would have become unplayable for most, i found it rather annoying after a while chasing

the camera all over the place, this was a long overdue fix.

Thanks again my friend for making this series functionally fun to play again!

• Like 4

Welcome!

When you get the chance try out the camera in any one of the missions and let me know how it plays for you, if its to fast still, to slow maybe or just right.

I did a number of tests on most of the missions testing the code Rydygier gave me to tweak the camera and the code comes down to a small range of numbers.

If the number is to low then it becomes to fast, to high then to slow, btw again this fix is when you move your mouse cursor to the edges of the screen which movers the camera

either up, down, left or right, all other camera functions like tilt, pan, rotate or zoom i did not touch as they were still functionally pretty good in terms of speed.

Wondering if anyone is still interested in playing Ragnarok'44 missions, as i have one i built but never released, and i can build more on other maps if people are interested.

Anyone interested in new missions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Cool, thanks for the thanks, and the likes fellas, heres what i got coming for Ragnarok'44:

• New mission i built but never released so need to add finishing touches to it, and then release
  • Video overview of the new mission, will be able to download on Mega, and steamworkshop
  • New How to build your own Ragnarok'44 Missions Video Tutorial, because the video currently is on my old ass win7 desktop, and was laggy, and i was using a shit video recorder then.
  • More missions on different maps now that their are some for IFA3

Coming on the weekend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update

The following missions have been updated:

• Demo v1.5                             
  • City_under_Duress v1.4        
  • Ivachev_Clash v1.4              
  • Battle_for_Staszow v1.3        
  • Baranow_Crossroads v1.2  
  • Colleville_Engaged v1.2       
  • The_Szydlow_Stalemate v1.2 
  • Panovo_Front v1.2             
  • Paros_Front v1.2       

The following is what was updated:

• Removed a module in the editor that didn't exist for IF under modules 
  • Changed the ambient sound in one of the triggers at the intro of the mission as there was a missing sound error popping up when you had your logs on 
  • Changed all the Strategic point markers to red to be better seen 
  • Changed some of the mission Strategic point marker types to a flag
  • Added a briefing to the description under the General tab  
  • All Steam workshop missions updated as well as zip files
  • Zip files now contain a pbo version of the mission as well as an upbo'd version

Also want to note that i have created a new

Steam Workshop Collection of the Ragnarok'44 Mission Series

which will put all the workshop missions in one place, you can see it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1629099740

Also linked in the OP.

Next in the Ragnarok'44 Series:

a new mission coming as said in previous post, and new "How to build your own Ragnarok'44 Missions" Video tutorial.

Stay Tuned!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update

New video tutorial: How to build your own Ragnarok'44 Missions

Linked In the video's description on utube is the Ragnarok'44 release thread (here).

I have a step by step written guide with times of where these steps start also in the description of the video.

I'll put it here too, however the full guide, plus video and screenshots can be seen on this page:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/?page=2#comment-3109121

============

Here is the written guide as seen in the description of the video on utube

in case anyone wants to watch and learn from here as well:

Tutorial

• Step 1 - 0:40   Download the Ragnarok'44 Demo it will be used as a template to create other missions.
  • Step 2 - 2:05   Locate and move the demo mission into the eden editor user missions folder (so you can edit the mission).
  • Step 3 - 4:00   Review of the components of a Ragnarok'44 mission This will show you what what is.

Building the mission

• Step 4 - 8:34   building a mission (highlight all the components, copy, and paste to a new map)
  • Step 5 - 10:26  (move the pasted components to the desired location).
  • Step 6 - 11:23   (move the German/Russian Headquarters
  • Step 7 - 13:54   (Move the strategic points to their desired locations.
  • Step 8 - 19:30   (Save the mission)
  • Step 9 - 20:10   (Transfer the demo mission files to your newly created mission).
  • Step 10 - 22:30   (Play test your newly created mission).

========================

Up next 2 new missions pending release soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update

• Updated the OP with video overviews for all missions that had a video for them which for some reason i forgot to add back when i created the thread.
  • All missions have been updated to their latest version in zip and Steam Workshop, see changelog below:
  • New Video overview for an existing mission (The Szydlow Stalemate) that didn't have one see video below changelog.

Changelog:

• Fixed - Mg Statics for both Germans, and Soviets bases were underground, now raised.
  • Adjusted positions of all strategic points as most were clipping with trees, bushes, or poles.
  • Adjusted German/Soviet bases positioning so static mg wasn't clipping in bushes, behind poles, or in a trench.
  • Changed the strategic point markers to red to make them better readable on the map.
  • Other misc adjustments - some adjustments were more specific to certain maps then others.

New Video overview for (The Szydlow Stalemate) mission:

More stuff still coming!

• New mission released! called the Chateau Clash, currently can be downloaded via Zip on the OP.
  • Chateau Clash will be on Steam Workshop tomorrow as im currently editing a Video overview/Play through for it that i recorded today, the steam workshop page is ready just not visible to the public atm til video is ready. Stay Tuned for that!
  • The mission i built in my latest (How to build your own Ragnarok'44 mission video) will be released this week after its final touches, and a recorded video overview/play through.

Credits

I want to thank @Rydygier once again for his help and coding expertise in solving yet another bug that i found in the Ragnarok'44 Series.

The main issue that was fixed this time was the MG statics that surround the German and Soviet Base were underground, so i had to find out what the code was to raise them up

so that they were functional in defending the bases, as well as being killed.

When attacking the Soviet base, it was almost impossible to beat the mission because in order to win all enemies forces had to be eliminated at the base,

but that was a problem because the statics were part of that, and unkillable because they were underground so you couldn't shoot them,

so this fix solves that issue! Yay!  Thanks again bud 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1