gc8

How good is AI helo landing?

Placing an invisible H-Pad with a Transport Unload waypoint (assigned to heli pilot / co-pilot) right on top of it. Then throw in the following into waypoint activation for good measure:

heli_name land "LAND"

If the helicopter is transporting a group of people, their GET OUT waypoint will have to be right next to the Transport Unload waypoint, and both waypoints will have to be synchronized. By placing the TR UNLOAD waypoint right on top of an invisible H-Pad Arma should pick up the correct pad for the waypoint 95% of the time. Pessimistic estimate :P

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoint_types#Transport_Unload

Just to clarify that landAt != land, and landAt doesn't work with helicopters.

ok the waypoint needs to be on top of the landing pad. I tested it and it works! made three helos to land each on their own pad. they shut down engines though which isnt too good.

thanks

Yeah that's due to "land" command. It has 3 values: "LAND", "GET IN", "GET OUT". Pretty sure there was some way to make AI land completely and force their engine to be on, but that's too much magic for one post (in other words I'm too lazy to look it up :P). "GET IN" will be a very low hover above ground though, which should be enough.

• Like 1

Yeah that's due to "land" command. It has 3 values: "LAND", "GET IN", "GET OUT". Pretty sure there was some way to make AI land completely and force their engine to be on, but that's too much magic for one post (in other words I'm too lazy to look it up :P). "GET IN" will be a very low hover above ground though, which should be enough.

yes I get the pickup working now. but I wasn't yet able to make the helo hover with "GET IN".