bad benson

Raptors, Zombies and more!

5 hours ago, bad benson said:

i can assure you that in the current state of the arma engine addon free raptors are not going to happen, ever.

not sure about the key actually. good point. might have to have seperate ones so it not automatically allows all my mods i guess.

yea too bad they won't go the direction similar to the plugin structure used with the Source engine and Sourcemod/Metamod, That way clients just connect and any addons/plugins the server runs are automatically downloaded from the server or a fast http dl server and just called automatically when joining a server that utilizes them. Like I said, forever hopeful.

Hello there nice work !  ,  it's needed this variety in arma .

I would like to ask , is it possible to use the Raptors without the module?

Because ,  however i spawn the Raptors , they will not engage the enemies .

Is there a way ( scripting this )  or am i missing something?

Thanks a lot !

14 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there nice work !  ,  it's needed this variety in arma .

I would like to ask , is it possible to use the Raptors without the module?

Because ,  however i spawn the Raptors , they will not engage the enemies .

Is there a way ( scripting this )  or am i missing something?

Thanks a lot !

nah, as the first post says, the placeable raptors are just there for whatever other purpose people could find them useful for. just something i thought could be the case, is why i didn't hide them.

i'm still rewriting the whole thing currently since the first version was really just a quick thing to replace the old raptors. so all the code is being replaced at the moment. i'll see if i can add an option to add existing placed agents to the module loop, if you sync them or something. but no promises though.

i'm mostly focussing on spawning mechanics based on environment and stuff at the moment and handling stuff better in MP. i reached a stable state recently that i will most likely release soon. it's just all a mission at this point so i have to make it a module again first (yuck!).

the only thing missing right now is putting back in vehicle damage and the pin down attacks, which still needs an animation for the zombies and dogs (dogs might prove impossible to add new anims to sadly)...might leave that for a later update.

the cool thing now is that the new structure will allow me too easily make adjustments and add new creatures and features. i'm thinking some ambient animals and civilians for none moster themed missions. or jsut objects like loot. the code is all there. just a matter of integrating it into the module UI.

• Like 8

Thats a lot of good ,  new stuff.!   So we will be waiting for ,  thanks for replying!

Hey bad benson,

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this project and your other projects. Definitely a refreshing twist on Arma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey! 

Can't say much about the mod since I haven't tried it but it looks cool! :)

Could you sign this seperate to the enhanced movement? Currently on our server the serverKey provided with Enhanced Movement allows for usage of this mod as well. 

Hi guys, 

i am trying to detect when the raptors are killed that are spawned by the module so i can trigger this code, but i can't see a way to get it to trigger. 

Any ideas? 

this addEventHandler ["Killed", { params ["_killed", "_killer", "_killerID"]; if (isPlayer _killer) then { _killerID = owner _killer; [_killed] remoteExec ["fnc_addmoneyMP", _killerID, false]; }; }];

============================================================

EDIT: 

I figured it out, just added this to my initServer.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
addMissionEventHandler ["EntityKilled", {
        params ["_killed", "_killer", "_killerID"];
        if (isPlayer _killer) then {

if (side _killed != WEST) then {

_killerID = owner _killer;
            [_killed] remoteExec ["fnc_addmoneyMP", _killerID, false];
            };
        };
    }];
};

• Like 1

this will still be updated at some point. i'm just being distracted by real life stuff and some other smaller projects. i thought about adding EH hooks into the module UI but your solution seems easy enough. so thx for leaving it here for others.

• Like 1

Hi man,

I am following the tread from the start because of what you said there "... i plan to add (potentially maybe) is other hostile creatures that take almost no extra effort. like aggressive dogs ...".

Perhaps I am the only one not loving zombies due to the fact my brain has been eaten a long ago on "Nogava virus mission".

But I will like a mod with wolves and feral dogs  for post-apocalyptic missions.

Could you tell us if this plan is still relevant?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldbear said:

Hi man,

I am following the tread from the start because of what you said there "... i plan to add (potentially maybe) is other hostile creatures that take almost no extra effort. like aggressive dogs ...".

Perhaps I am the only one not loving zombies due to the fact my brain has been eaten a long ago on "Nogava virus mission".

But I will like a mod with wolves and feral dogs  for post-apocalyptic missions.

Could you tell us if this plan is still relevant?

yes it is. the dogs are ready but i'm still working on the code. the frequency in which i work on arma stuff is just way lower these days due to work and distraction by other games and hobbies.

speaking of bears by the way.:don9: if someone has a bear model with animations, i'd love to add some bears that you can make roam the forests.

funny you post in here now though since i recently started working on this again. i needed to restructure it again though because after a longer break it was impossible to read lol. i should add more comments to my code...i know i know...but it was also due to how it was written. it's way more structured and cut up into little pieces now.

so if i need to take a break again it won't take me ages to work with it again. i might finally get to finishing it over the holidays though. the main thing is making it MP ready because people will always end up wanting to use this in a dayZ like scenario. it's just what people want for some reason. so i can't just use the old simple methods (using just radius) i used before. they were flawed in many ways anyways and especially for large scale scenarios and varying player counts.

the main thing i need now, before i proceed from this addon free mission code i have now to several creatures and a module and a release, is lots of MP tests. i have a very managable and stable state but i need to tweak frequency of things to send over the net. if you can help test frequently in the evenings feel free to add me on steam. but don't get your hopes up about getting your hands on raptor/dog files early. all i'm testing is scripted zombies before i add those, as i said. and i need people that can hop in and out of games a lot so i can tweak stuff in real time. there will be fun too once things work but i need real testing too.

anyways. don't hold your breath. just wait for a pleasant surprise at some point...maybe. soon™

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Love using this addon for some simple blasting zombies or stalking raptors fun. However regarding the former. Whenever I set zombies to the 'civilian' side, my teammates will turn on me after I've killed a couple of zombies. Is there any way to alter this behavior or is this hardcoded in the game?

@Bitesrad - Have a look around, I think a few mods or scripts exist that remove the friendly fire/civilian penalty. I believe ACE3 does as well, but there is likely a lighter weight mod or script around that does the same. 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bitesrad said:

Is there any way to alter this behavior or is this hardcoded in the game?

Hello there Bitesrad !

You can check for the eventhandler

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#HandleRating

or

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers/addMissionEventHandler#EntityKilled