Sign in to follow this  
RedFive GUN

Old uv map doesn't work?

Hi,

I imported an old model I did which I had previously UV mapped to one texture file, but I can't figure out how to get O2 to recognize that and just let me apply the texture. Is there a way to do this or do I have to reskin the thing with the built in O2 stuff?

confused.gif

No you shouldnt have to reskin it. I was having a lil bit of trouble figuring this out. Simply highlight the whole model. Then press the face properties button. with that you can assign the texture. But be shure your path is correct. Remember to point it to the pbo file as apposed to the Data folder.

Holy cow!! It worked!!

This is the first time I've ever gotten usefull info off of this board! Thanks a lot!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

While we're on the topic, is there any limit to the size of a texture? e.g. 256x256 is the max size, etc?

256x256 used to be the max size. My understanding is you can now use anything up to 4096x4096, but the memory required is crippling. Hence, use what you can get away with. My rule of thumb is to start with 1024x1024 and see how it goes.

Only a rule of thumb, mind.

Prospero

Well, if you have 50 megs of texture memory to spare PER TEXTURE, you can use 4096 x 4096, not that big of a deal wink.gif

I recommend maxing it out at 1024 x 1024, don't go bigger than that.