Sign in to follow this  

It is a convoy mission, and the players are allowed to use whatever path they want. This makes me often loose them.

But here is the issue. I want to be able to teleport to players as Zeus, but stuff placed in editor cannot be edited by Zeus.

Is there a way to spawn PLAYABLE units in-game, so that i can just use them like normal ones?

Or is there a way to go around the issue, for example by using some kind of a script?

I expect that the behaviour of playable units in Zeus is hard coded and cannot be changed.

However, you can create a teleport module for Zeus with an add-on, as it was done in Ares mod or you just use Ares mod anyway.

• Like 1

SOLVED

My main issue was that i couldnt see the players so i would often loose them. But i placed a add editable object module ind editor and synched it to the Zeus module and the playable units. Boom.

Now i see where they are at all times.

I recommend using the Ares Mod (Achilles Expansion), that adds quite a few useful new features to Zeus (teleport beeing one of them).

• Like 1

I recommend using the Ares Mod (Achilles Expansion), that adds quite a few useful new features to Zeus (teleport beeing one of them).

And it doesn't need to be uploaded to the server. Unless your server doesn't allow for optional mods.

Agreed, Ares is a must have if you're Zeus. It's so helpful it should be included in the game.

And it doesn't need to be uploaded to the server. Unless your server doesn't allow for optional mods.

Just uploading the Ares bikey file to the keys folder on the server makes it an optional mod.

Also there is an additional solution.

By doing the following:

(Sorry somehow I can't place down codeblocks on my phone)

Spoiler

For "_i" from 0 to count allunits -1 do {

Zeusmoule addCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true ];

};

This way you will have access to all units placed down in the debug editor.

But this way you own the units as Zeus and if you use a HC, you have later give it back to the HC/server.

This way there is no need for an additional addon