Sign in to follow this  
killjoyau73

[SP] Battlefields - OFP Remake

A  remake of the Operation Flashpoint single mission "Battlefields". Using CUP USMC units

"A large-scale combined arms operation. Liberate an area in central Everon held by renegade Russian troops." 

NOTE: This mission is only recommended for 1 GHz or faster PCs.  ;)

A simple mission but not easy to remake...

Link to Steam Workshop ------- Battlefields - OFP Remake

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 4

Mission just received an update.

I added some extra things, as well as fixed the whole 'not finishing problem'.

• Like 1

great classic! well done :)

do you convert them one by one or do you do some kind of search and replace for the classes?

I just tried it last night and it was an impressive experience.

However framerates were pretty bad (15-30 fps) so I'm going to try again but disable most of my mods.

Failing that I'll drop the View Distance.

I must admit thought it felt a bit weird fighting with moderns equipment and arms.

Nice update. Tried it yesterday and although it ended properly to the debriefing screen, it did seem a little short....

New version is a lot more impressive. Any mission with large numbers of people or vehicles scooting about always makes for an entertaining spectacle.

great classic! well done :)

do you convert them one by one or do you do some kind of search and replace for the classes?

No it's a one by one process. Sometimes it's a fairly easy process but others... it can be a nightmare.

You've gotta start from scratch in the editor, you can't just copy n paste lol

I just tried it last night and it was an impressive experience.

However framerates were pretty bad (15-30 fps) so I'm going to try again but disable most of my mods.

Failing that I'll drop the View Distance.

I must admit thought it felt a bit weird fighting with moderns equipment and arms.

Yeah as with all of these missions I can say that you should only be using CUP and CBA_A3 anyway. I can't guarantee they'll work properly with any other mods like ACE,ASI or anything that messes with the AI or game play mechanics.

But I've used JSRS 4:APEX and Blastcore with this and it looks and sounds pretty awesome with the firefight.

Lowering your view distance can help a lot. But it's already been limited to about 1700m in this mission.

Nice update. Tried it yesterday and although it ended properly to the debriefing screen, it did seem a little short....

New version is a lot more impressive. Any mission with large numbers of people or vehicles scooting about always makes for an entertaining spectacle.

Yeah It's not like OFP where the enemy would come at you and actually assault your position, because of the 'auto-combat' feature in A3 the enemy just stays at a stand-off distance and never come close (perfectly fine but not for the purposes of this mission) or would just stay up in the trees or forests and the mission would go on for about 45 minutes. It sucked to be honest.

So I'll agree it's a little short... but there are not too many ways around it. Besides, hunting for lone enemies for half an hour can get a bit boring for the majority of players.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

Alright, as an act of contrition for the first crappy attempt at this mission, I'll finish off and release Rolling Thunder today for you all.

First version was way too short, as somehow it ended for me after shooting the initial enemies, and the 3 or so vehicles that (eventually) rolled out of the forest. There was nothing else after that. The second version is actually a vast improvement, although still a bit of a turkey shoot what with all the bluefor units around (and stumbling over a well-stocked russki with a dragunov)... I can never resist "borrowing" one of those :)

Having any of these old missions in A3 is great though. The more the better. There are obviously going to be a lot of differences that will change the way they work (heavy metal.... ye gods, that tank "pathing") , but you`ve certainly done a fine job so far.

First version was way too short, as somehow it ended for me after shooting the initial enemies, and the 3 or so vehicles that (eventually) rolled out of the forest. There was nothing else after that. 

That was just a cock-up on my part with some triggers not firing off properly. 

It can be a bit easy, it depends sometimes, I played through once and it was just me and a few guys left against about 3 Russian squads at the end. Other times BLUFOR would clean up.

Tank pathing seems to be a bit better after the latest A3 update... Still not that great though.