uncookedzebra

BIS respawn bug?

I have noticed a bug that happens to 1 in 100 people that connect to my server. The player, once loaded in cannot select a spawn location in fact the standard UI doesn't even show. The only indication that they are in the respawn screen is the countdown. The ESC menu doesn't pop up either so their options are either to ALT+F4 or and admin kick. It's only happened to me a handful of time and haven't had the brain to screen shot it. I am using the BIS Revive option which I enabled in ED3N editor. Also I used the spawn at custom position along side the respawn location module in ED3N as well. 

My Description.EXT 

ReviveMode = 1;                         //0: disabled, 1: enabled, 2: controlled by player attributes
ReviveUnconsciousStateMode = 0;         //0: basic, 1: advanced, 2: realistic
ReviveRequiredTrait = 0;                //0: none, 1: medic trait is required
ReviveRequiredItems = 2;                //0: none, 1: medkit, 2: medkit or first aid kit
ReviveRequiredItemsFakConsumed = 1;     //0: first aid kit is not consumed upon revive, 1: first aid kit is consumed
ReviveDelay = 6;                        //time needed to revive someone (in secs)
ReviveMedicSpeedMultiplier = 2;         //speed multiplier for revive performed by medic
ReviveForceRespawnDelay = 3;            //time needed to perform force respawn (in secs)
ReviveBleedOutDelay = 120;              //unconscious state duration (in secs)

The weird thing is that there is no RPT indication that there is something wrong. :/

• Thanks 1

For some reason for some people the UI required for revive never appears on screen. The only thing that can really fix it is an adminm kick or alt + f4 as you have stated. This is BIS's problem and not on your end.

please next time post your whole description.ext

did you define respawn ?:

//--- Respawn
respawn = 3;		// 0 = NONE. 1 = BIRD. 2 = INSTANT. 3 = BASE. 4 = GROUP. 5 = SIDE.
respawnDelay = 15;
RespawnDialog = 0;		// default = 1. show respawn timer and scoreboard when killed.
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuInventory", "MenuPosition"};		// "Seagull", "f_spectator", "f_JIP", "MenuInventory", "MenuPosition", "Tickets", "EndMission", "Counter", "Wave"
respawnButton = 0;
respawnOnStart = -1;

here you find a template for revive and respawn: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/195106-bohemia-interactive-revive-template/

if you forgot to define it, the respawn window will not appear

"respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuInventory", "MenuPosition"};"

during my tests with the new revive from Bohemia

I found out it is freaking cool :rolleyes: ... and it works flawless

really well done Bohemia :wub: ... thank you

i still have this problem.
bug image 1   and bug image 2
still need a solution....often if i open the game, load editor, and launch an MP with custom respawn it happens, while if i launch first a SP mission, then an MP with custom respwn it loads correctly...

Seems to be an initialization order problem. I didn't encounter this kind of problem. Probably depending on the way the mission's scripts start.

For MP parameters (respawn / revive / garbage), I'm making all in editor, so in mission.sqm, and the minimum in description.ext (for disabling respawnOnStart)

If you can avoid the respawn on start, it's probably better, imho.

eh.. i tried both respawnOnStart 0 and 1 , tried with and without description.ext, the problem still happens, quite often if as soon as i launch the game, i open editor, load a mission, and launch  "test in MP".
problem happens to other players too.

1 hour ago, dlegion said:

eh.. i tried both respawnOnStart 0 and 1 , tried with and without description.ext, the problem still happens, quite often if as soon as i launch the game, i open editor, load a mission, and launch  "test in MP".
problem happens to other players too.

So, let's dig in initserver.sqf, init.sqf, initPlayerLocal.sqf...

thanks!
no init.sqf at all,
initServer.sqf

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Dfunctions.sqf";
["Initialize"] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups; // Initializes the Dynamic Groups framework
bis_fnc_drawminefields_active = true;      // disable mines map markers?

initPlayerLocal.sqf

uiSleep 2;
player setDamage 1;      // placed to try workaround respawn bug

when it happened to other people on server, and i was admin, i noticed that when they cannot spawn because the respawn menu isnt there, theyr player is in fact spawned and alive, so killing it will make them see the respawn screen....so the idea to put a self-kill on first respawn.....it works (i know becasue sometimes i spawn and NOT die....so it must have already happened without notice!), but not always! 

The bis_fnc_dynamicGroups needs to be initialized on clients also.

This point apart, try some getClientStateNumber in your initPlayerLocal...

Not sure this could help but worth the test. No other idea on my side.

• Thanks 1

Hello,
in my case this bug only appears the first time of the day that I launch Arma O_o
I wake up, I turn on the pc, launch Arma, I make a preview in MP, bug is there 1 time out of 3 (exactly like on the screenshots of Dlegion).
I do Alt + F4, I restart Arma, I make a preview, no bug, everything works, until I restart pc ... Maybe these precisions can help.

NOTE:  _list is a reserved variable (like magic ones) but not mentioned as is in BIKI. I got this kind of error when I try to use it as a standard local one.

Perhaps, something similar inside a BI code. You should open a ticket on feedback tracker.