Sign in to follow this  
svisketyggeren

KOTH Player bases/spawnpoints need to be farther away from AO

Has anyone suggested this before?

If not, im kinda surprised. As it is now it easy to bring a tigris just outside the spawnpoint perimeter and blast right into the AO. Thats silly gameplay. And I know servers have their specific ruleset, but its gonna happend. Not all players will read the ruleset, I dont think half the players read the ruleset.

If u ask me, the spawnpoints should be twice as far away from the AO. I would also make sense to use a chopper to fly players in.

Hey guys,

the developers of Arma 3 can't do nothing about a third party multiplayer mode and its settings.

Better get in contact with the creators of King Of The Hill (http://hostiletakeover.co/).

Best regards

I say you shouldn't play KOTH to begin with...Alot of the time it's just dying to a marksman from 700m away. And or, getting killed by a tank coaxial. If you want to play PVP so badly, I would say you should play Gun Game...But I mean, it's all up to you. KOTH just doesn't like me.

If not, im kinda surprised. As it is now it easy to bring a tigris just outside the spawnpoint perimeter and blast right into the AO. Thats silly gameplay. And I know servers have their specific ruleset, but its gonna happend. Not all players will read the ruleset, I dont think half the players read the ruleset.

If u ask me, the spawnpoints should be twice as far away from the AO. I would also make sense to use a chopper to fly players in.

First answering the question. You have to know that king of the hill is a multiplayer game mode modification created by sa-matra and bobbydigital. And to do suggestions to the developers you should go to their own website and forums here

https://wasteland.arma.su/

https://forums.arma.su/forum/main-category/main-forum/king-of-the-hill

Second I would like to say that is disturbing that people think that a mod is an official multiplayer game mode. Their lots of confusion about the mods and misions.

• Like 1

First answering the question. You have to know that king of the hill is a multiplayer game mode modification created by sa-matra and bobbydigital. And to do suggestions to the developers you shoul go to their own website and forums here

https://wasteland.arma.su/

https://forums.arma.su/forum/main-category/main-forum/king-of-the-hill

Second I would like to say that is disturbing that people think that a mod is an official multiplayer game mode. Their lots of confusion about the mods and misions.

As long as its not created by facebook I couldnt care less if its a mod or official bohemia creation. But thanks for the replys and useful information

As long as its not created by facebook I couldnt care less if its a mod or official bohemia creation. But thanks for the replys and useful information

xD I just get lazy while replying but I wanted to say the the problem about that confusion is produced by the developers the modders and the game, not about you. I had the same problem when started playing in arma 2. I Dind't knew what was a mod or what was an official mission.

Hi, I play several hours every day on the KOTH servers and have racked up 900+ hours over the past 6 months.

If you move to within 500 metres of the enemy spawn perimeter on foot or in a vehicle you're breaking the rules and you get kicked off the game if you don't pull back. It's happened to me twice when I was cutting the enemy supply road and miscalculated how far away I was.

Does that answer your question and is there anything else you'd like to know?

Just play KOTH Infantry only servers. Much better 

But a game without tanks is like a pitbull without teeth..:)

Hi, I play several hours every day on the KOTH servers and have racked up 900+ hours over the past 6 months.

If you move to within 500 metres of the enemy spawn perimeter on foot or in a vehicle you're breaking the rules and you get kicked off the game if you don't pull back. It's happened to me twice when I was cutting the enemy supply road and miscalculated how far away I was.

Does that answer your question and is there anything else you'd like to know?

I was talking more about ppl positioning themself just outside their own spawnpoint and shoting into the AO. I dont get banned for that, atleast ive not seen anyone react to that. Ive seen ppl reported for spawnkilling the enemys spawnpoint, but thats different.

With the spawnpoint so close to the AO its too easy to bring a tank and pick off infantery from 2000 m away, and them make a turn, drive 100 m and ur in the safezone and rearming.

I was talking more about ppl positioning themself just outside their own spawnpoint and shoting into the AO. I dont get banned for that, atleast ive not seen anyone react to that. Ive seen ppl reported for spawnkilling the enemys spawnpoint, but thats different.

With the spawnpoint so close to the AO its too easy to bring a tank and pick off infantery from 2000 m away, and them make a turn, drive 100 m and ur in the safezone and rearming.

Thanks, now I understand what you're talking about..:)

In the early days of KOTH I think people used to do what you said and drive back into the spawn zone to be immune, but that loophole was closed by the KOTH creators and nowadays people can't do that because when you leave the spawn zone, the spawn zone perimeter shrinks and you have to drive back a lot further than 100m to get to safety.

Next time you play, look at the map after you leave the spawn zone and you'll see its shrunk.

Anyway, if a tank is shelling the AO, just fire shoulder-launched Titan AT missiles at him, I did that on a KOTH server only half an hour ago and hit a Kuma twice at very long range (about 2 kms) with 2 missiles, the first damaged him and a crewman got out to do a repair, and the second also hit and damaged it further, and the crewman who was still outside was toasted by the blast.

I went back to base to reload with more missiles but when I returned the tank had gone, I suppose a surviving crewman had driven it back to its base to bind up its wounds.  

Thanks, now I understand what you're talking about.. :)

In the early days of KOTH I think people used to do what you said and drive back into the spawn zone to be immune, but that loophole was closed by the KOTH creators and nowadays people can't do that because when you leave the spawn zone, the spawn zone perimeter shrinks and you have to drive back a lot further than 100m to get to safety.

Next time you play, look at the map after you leave the spawn zone and you'll see its shrunk.

Anyway, if a tank is shelling the AO, just fire shoulder-launched Titan AT missiles at him, I did that on a KOTH server only half an hour ago and hit a Kuma twice at very long range (about 2 kms) with 2 missiles, the first damaged him and a crewman got out to do a repair, and the second also hit and damaged it further, and the crewman who was still outside was toasted by the blast.

I went back to base to reload with more missiles but when I returned the tank had gone, I suppose a surviving crewman had driven it back to its base to bind up its wounds.  

I know how to deal with tanks and air etc, im lvl 46. The point is that the battle becomes to dense for jets and tanks. The way back to the safe zone may not be 100 m, but its too short anyways. Only takes me about 15-30 seconds to get back to the safe zone. And then ur just using the safe zone as a tactic....which is totally unrealistic. If it was twice as far away, u would be at much greater risk. There would be no camping right outside the safe zone and blasting into the AO with a Tigris. Transporting player to the AO would be more challeging and meaningfull.

I know how to deal with tanks and air etc, im lvl 46. The point is that the battle becomes to dense for jets and tanks. The way back to the safe zone may not be 100 m, but its too short anyways. Only takes me about 15-30 seconds to get back to the safe zone. And then ur just using the safe zone as a tactic....which is totally unrealistic. If it was twice as far away, u would be at much greater risk. There would be no camping right outside the safe zone and blasting into the AO with a Tigris. Transporting player to the AO would be more challeging and meaningfull.

Yes I agree that the KOTH spawn points are too close to the AO objective, Altis is a big map but the KOTH creators only use small areas of it for each battle and it makes battles feel cramped and crowded, I think people have complained about it in the KOTH forum.

As for "spawn campers", it's unrealistic like you say, but I've never found it a big issue because when I see an enemy AFV I just fire AT missiles at him no matter where he is on the map..:)

TIP- don't lock him up before you fire, or his missile warning will go off and he'll pop smoke to hide himself and/or dive for cover. Instead, fire without a lock, just keep your crosshairs on him and the missile will fly down the crosshairs and he won't know what hit him..:)

Another tip- Take the Explosive perk and you'll get 2 missiles instead of 1.