Hello all, I figured I had come far enough to share the W.I.P. images and information about one of my many projects, the Curtiss P40 Warhawk/Tomahawk/Kittyhawk. I figured I should post this W.I.P. thread before someone else beats me to finishing this aircraft. This is my first armed aircraft that is at this stage of development, and is really an experiment with weapon cfgs for the Ju-87 Stuka.

The model is by Helijah, who kindly gave me permission to port to Arma 3

Without further ado, the Curtiss P40 Warhawk

(Ignore the muzzle flashes, that was an accident :P ) RFFmR5I.jpg

wx2Zd2w.jpg

(Some more images)

UepfQ0r.jpg

SQ6i58X.jpg

dvU4qv1.jpg

zYc2FVS.jpg

Currently the aircraft is in the final stages of development. I'm just touching up some things, and testing out the weapons. As well, I still need to complete the instruments in the cockpit and set up the sights. Should be released soon.

Weapons as of now:

-6x .50, three in each wing

I plan to add fuel tanks and a bomb, just to give variety, and some practice for me.

In case anyone is wondering about what liveries there currently are:

-Flying tigers high definition

-Flying tigers standard

-Red tails

-RAF

-RAAF

-Captured Warhawk (Japanese)

-Munda

-Desert

-Umnak

-2 Lt. George Welch's P40, Colours of the attack of Pearl Harbour

-2 Lt. Ken Taylor's P40, Colours of the attack of Pearl Harbour 

Thanks to Helijah for letting me use his models, and thanks to [Dust]Sabre for answering my questions!

Any information, or suggestions that may help with the addon, is more than welcome  :)

• Like 11

One of my all time favorite WW2 planes. Interesting.

"Rubs eyes" i am seeing RAAF?  :lol:

You sure are. Sorry, I forgot to include it in the livery list lol

This was a favorite toy of mine when I was a kid! Can't wait to play with it again :)

Yeah!!!!! The Bengal Tigers of Jack Chenault made the list!!!! I saw the dire rent canopy set up too on the near plane, looks like you have the N model there, and then the rest have the standard canopy.

Way cool guy. Really!!

Hello everyone.

I am currently slowing down development on all of my addons, as some unfortunate events have taken place in my life.

As of this past Sunday, I lost three friends in a single plane crash. Due to this, I will not have the time nor will I be in the mood for working on things Arma related.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope to get back soon.

• Like 1

awesome. i love old school stuff.

one question though. are you using a material at all? it looks kind of flat. i'd either suggest using one or tweaking it a little (PM if you need some help). other than that it looks great.

awesome. i love old school stuff.

one question though. are you using a material at all? it looks kind of flat. i'd either suggest using one or tweaking it a little (PM if you need some help). other than that it looks great.

Sabre has made me some materials for it, they just weren't made at the time of the photo.

• Like 1

MC,

Sorry to hear about your friends, that is very unfortunate. Thoughts and prayers from Norfolk.

~Rob

• Like 1

Awe man. I didn't hear about that.

Thoughts and prayers from the west coast of Canada as well.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your loss-I've experienced something similar and I know how you must be feeling. We're all thinking of you.

You have my sincerest condolences from the Western Alps.

May their families find courage in this dark hour.