I disagree. Giving good advice is not pointless, and if I thought it was pointless I wouldn't be giving it (you're free not to participate in the discussion, though). 

I have to agree with @Foxone on this. If you wish to school people in development life cycles and the benefits and downfalls of such, then perhaps open a thread somewhere where they can be discussed. 

This thread is not the place for such discussions.

• Like 2

Hey Martinez thanks for the shout out ! I love that you decided to push through with the raider and defiant as the entire future vertical lift program is pretty fascinating.  The valor is looking great and appreciate all the hard work !

• Like 1

Working on the original Valor but sometimes it's fun just to make something new.. Here's the WIP stealth variant.

83f69583fe8c3aceaa5435e97d912220.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Definitely better looking than the normal version...

2018-09-27.jpg 

Pretty cool pic shared by one of our testers. 

p.s. Ignore the windows, I know what's going on there.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 28/09/2018 at 5:03 AM, martinezfg11 said:

Pretty cool pic shared by one of our testers. 

p.s. Ignore the windows, I know what's going on there.

Its your alpha layering.  In Object builder select all the windows and goto the Faces Menu > Move Top.  This will bring them to the top of the Alpha stack and they will work properly.

And by the way these look amazing.  I particularly want the Raider myself.;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The FVL Mod team is still working toward an initial release. As you know, the devil is in the details, so it is slower than one might hope.

Work continues with FVL.  Team all are fighting day jobs to work on this.  Slow but steady

• Like 1

These are looking fantastic, they're a really good fit for the vanilla setting.

I love the hull on it but for some reason the engine part looks always so off when its turned up. Maybe im old fashioned and stuck on the Osprey engines. x9

Fantastic work though

Very cool project, this reminds me of what I attempted to do some years ago regarding VTOLs

Spoiler

Tiltrotors_overview.jpg

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 2:54 AM, martinezfg11 said:

Working on the original Valor but sometimes it's fun just to make something new.. Here's the WIP stealth variant.

It looks cool, but I have a hard time imagining that it could be very stealthy. Rotors forward, those blades nearly perpendicular to the ground are going to give it a large RCS from the front.

Maybe it would be more stealthy when hovering, except those nacelles when extended and open probably also have a large RCS. I think tiltrotors won't be very stealthy (not that they can't have their RCS reduced some, and gain some benefit)

On 1/14/2019 at 5:33 PM, HorribleGoat said:

I love the hull on it but for some reason the engine part looks always so off when its turned up. Maybe im old fashioned and stuck on the Osprey engines.

I still like the old-tiltwing concept. Its aerodynamically more efficient in a hover (the wing interferes with the downwash less), although I guess overall the tilt mechanism may be heavier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTV_XC-142

Back in the 60s we had something that would work like the osprey today, the services just weren't interested in it:

750px-Ling-Temco-Vought_XC-142A.jpg

And of course, there were other tilt-wings, this one also comes from the 60s:

Canadair_CL-84.jpg

Hiding rotors from radar these days can only be done two ways; put something between you and the radar (a.k.a. terrain) or electronically (jamming or cyber).  Tilt-wing is probably okay with technology now, but it does have the problem that they do tend to be heavier for some reason.  Also the down wash from the smaller props make tilt rotors look like a mild breeze.  The smaller the rotor diameter the more air they have to push to get hover thrust.

Hiding rotors from radar these days can only be done two ways

If they are perpendicular to the ground... if they are parallel, they can be reasonably stealthy like flying wings... otherwise what would have been the point of the RAH-66

but it does have the problem that they do tend to be heavier for some reason

already stated in what you were replying to "overall the tilt mechanism may be heavier"

the down wash from the smaller props make tilt rotors look like a mild breeze

There's nothing inherent in the tiltwing design that stops them from having larger rotors. Rotor diameter is limited by clearance from the ground, which is mitigated by tilting the rotors (in a tiltwing design, then the whole wing)... which then leads to a limit of how far the engine is from the fuselage.

None of these are specific or not solvable with tilt-wings.

Anyway, the downwash is still not as bad as a harrier or F-35B, but yea, its not trivial.

It looks amazing! I have allways wanted to fly the V-280 Valor in Arma 3!