Looks great, can't wait to try it out. Hopefully the AI won't be too terrible with it...

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Looks great, can't wait to try it out. Hopefully the AI won't be too terrible with it...

Yeah AI sucks at flying this thing ATM...

11 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Yeah AI sucks at flying this thing ATM...

The AI sucks at everything all the time.

• Like 2

Should add some Ambient Occlusion to the texture map - It's really missing some depth right now.
(As well as some recalculated AO from the normal map for all the small details)

• Like 3

Agreed, whilst it looks really good so far, I'd love to see some more detail in the texture.

Keep up the good work!

That looks cool

From pics it seems the size of V-Tail (Stabilizers/Ruddervators) is smaller than the actual V-280 ...

• Like 1

According to sources close to the R/L Valor, the production version will have a smaller V-Tail.

• Like 2

My only request with it would be to make sure that it has the ability to use the FRIES system equip option in the editor for fast roping via ACE. Other than that the thing looks pretty good and should be something that our group will use for sure.

22 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

According to sources close to the R/L Valor, the production version will have a smaller V-Tail.

Well, i don't have access to these sources :) but yeah, always final versions of everything have some change than prototype ones !

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I'll just leave this here.. There will be updates to the OP this weekend.

0c68ada1b549f00cdfbda09d54aa323c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

73ea698135df3a2e6a7748740b8c1aa3.png

The scope of the project has expanded to include more aircraft in the Army's Future Vertical Lift competition. Next in line is the S97 Raider. 

• Like 5

It's nice, but could we first get the first one in line? Expanded scope is nice, but I'd rather have just the Valor than another dead project. I've seen mods die while in "just about ready to release" state. I'd say, finish one thing before starting another.

10 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

It's nice, but could we first get the first one in line? Expanded scope is nice, but I'd rather have just the Valor than another dead project. I've seen mods die while in "just about ready to release" state. I'd say, finish one thing before starting another.

At the end of the day its the authors choice, after all addon making is a hobby to most of us who make content.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, dragon01 said:

but I'd rather have just the Valor than another dead project.

Quite the opposite, expanded scope just means we're working on more than one thing at a time. I would not wait for all aircraft to be completed before releasing the Valor.

• Like 3

That's a relief, though "working on more than one thing at a time" can be a pitfall, as well (admittedly, one that I fell into myself, more than once). I suppose with two modelers on the team it can be manageable, but in my experience, "one thing at a time" still beats every other approach in terms of actually things done. The Valor looks great so far, even a "no frills" infantry transport version would be a great addition to any modern unit roster.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I suppose with two modelers on the team it can be manageable

Would you believe if I said the hardest and longest part is not modelling but actually configuring the aircraft for the game? If it was modelling alone, the Valor would have been out the door months ago. Either way, progress is continuing at a steady rate.

I know that, and this is the exact reason pretty, finished-looking models go unreleased and mods that show a lot of promise wither away in this very phase. Rigging and configuring is harder and less fun than modeling, but it has to be done. This is also why I was worried. It can be very tempting to start another model and put off the tedious part "until later", but this is exactly the road to never releasing anything, one I saw quite a few mods go down. They make a load of models, get everyone excited with ever expanding scope, then, once the easy part is done, the modder loses motivation at the sight of the amount of configuration needed to actually bring them into the game. I really hope this isn't going to happen here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I know that, and this is the exact reason pretty, finished-looking models go unreleased and mods that show a lot of promise wither away in this very phase. Rigging and configuring is harder and less fun than modeling, but it has to be done. This is also why I was worried. It can be very tempting to start another model and put off the tedious part "until later", but this is exactly the road to never releasing anything, one I saw quite a few mods go down. They make a load of models, get everyone excited with ever expanding scope, then, once the easy part is done, the modder loses motivation at the sight of the amount of configuration needed to actually bring them into the game. I really hope this isn't going to happen here.

It might also just help if you stop arguing about it. Martinez has said how the flow is going atm. You should just accept it and let him do is work. Continuing this discussion is pointless.

• Like 2