There are some free flight instruments from Armaholic,if you need any,just a tip. This is way more cool than any conventional thing that people make for Arma series game.

What ,if any abilitys will this have ?  Autopilot, Flying Gun variant ?

:)   Good luck!

There are some free flight instruments from Armaholic,if you need any,just a tip. This is way more cool than any conventional thing that people make for Arma series game.

What ,if any abilitys will this have ?  Autopilot, Flying Gun variant ?

:)   Good luck!

There will be a Gun variant, from what I understand the armed variant will have a fixed 20MM cannon, and a quad rack which seems to be multipurpose for Hellfires and other stuff, which will take the space of the cargo door. Also a navalized variant that can fold its wings. I sorta built that functionality into the model already, but it won't be available on the "Army" version. And of course, slingloading, if possible.

• Like 1

Great!   If we can get the Shift+mouse camera too ,to get a Recognance version I`m a happy camper.Will this get FFV,some pintle mounted MG for the door gunner?

Will this get the flare system?

In game testing... The landing Gear sinks to the ground.. don't know why yet..

Is your LandContact LOD setup? Usually if you put the memory points right on the underside of the wheels it'll look correct. Nice work btw.

• Like 1

Is your LandContact LOD setup? Usually if you put the memory points right on the underside of the wheels it'll look correct. Nice work btw.

Yeah LandContact is setup,  A3 sample plane and heli show the geometryPhys LOD with wheels, but research shows wheels on the physics LOD are a no-go... 

Are they specified in the config too? Seems weird as that may be the issue. But gotcha.

All i have specified in the configs is.

driveOnComponent[] = {"gearFront_L","gearFront_R","tailWheel"};

To be fair my Geometry LOD and geometryPhys LODS are poorly made. Just checked earlier and noticed that I have some open geometry according to objectbuilder that I need to fix. 

Fair enough I guess, weird though but may be weight or so.

Okay re-figured it out. In your Geometry LOD have the wheels placed on the ground and then click on Structure>Topology>Find Components

This will automatically number them as components (you don't have to highlight them) and makes it sit on the ground correctly.

• Like 1

Hey all just an update. 

Wheel issues are resolved thanks to EricJ and hnchmc.

It's all just modelling, optimizing and config work right now. 

Also, there are a couple of members who have expressed interest in assisting. They will be mentioned at a later date. 

As a treat here's a WIP of the assault variant  :D. (Warning, may contain GUNS)

h292hpF.jpg

• Like 10

Pretty nice man,

The missiles are too close the fuselage, I think, unless that mounting arm extends away from it. That sort of mounting looks rather impractical, TBH. It'd make more sense to just hang them from under the wings. You shouldn't need armament pylons on something that has wings.

I understand where you are going with this. The reason they're so close to the fuselage is that there is a small gap between the airframe and the blades in "airplane mode". The idea is to have the hellfire missiles usable in all phases of flight.

I added two more hardpoints right behind the gear, like some earlier concept photos. Remember, I'm going off of concept photos, mockups and even some artistic license to get the model in its finished state.

v280attack_725.jpg

• Like 2

The objective is to have as much commonality between the attack and lift variants as possible.  Pretty sure the aerospace engineers working on the design did more than just stick some Hellfire racks on the side.  Also note the innovation of having nine rounds available firing laterally out of the back of the aircraft.  Could be anything from a drop-glide weapon to a full up missile.   ... or ginormous flares. B)  I am sure that as the design matures the wings will grow hard points for a variety of things (extra fuel, electronic warfare, even more weapons). 

I was actually thinking of having those lateral launchers fire small UAV's like the Switchblade. Maybe..

Good luck with that and if you're able to convert a missile into a UAV I'd be interested myself. But so far a UAV is a UAV and so on. Maybe something like the Raven UAV by Feint but other than that no can do, at least as far as I know. Maybe if you contact Aduke328 he may be able to shed some light on that but as far as I know you cannot do it.

Also some of the earlier tilt-rotor concepts had more of what is shown above though more of a dedicated gunship as opposed to a gunship configured transport.

I would like to introduce the two other members of the Valor team.

yasotay - Tester, Reference, Configs

villanuf - Tester, Configs, Texturing

We're working on some exciting additions to the mod.

• Like 1

For those following this thread. This is not dead, work travel has put a delay to this project.

• Like 5