HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-12] October Skies

@drdetroit Hi! Not sure if you’re American or did any holiday celebrating this week but if so, I hope it was nice!

I have not tried the mobile respawn yet. I recently have been trying to ditch my Xbox controller (yeah believe it or not I’ve played all 2300 hours in Arma with a gamepad) and learn K+M, so recently I’ve been playing the vanilla campaign to get it all down (and a bit of STALKER ). 

The way it was described to me was, the camp object is a backpack you can grab in the arsenal, so you should be able to try it in-game at any time. My understanding is, somehow it can be deployed into a tent and this will become a fully functioning respawn point. I do hope to mess with it soon and get fully back into playing ALiVE missions again once my hands get accoustomed to the keyboard.

The Altis mission is pretty simple, but for all intents and purposes is “done” to the point it’s probably ready to at least be played and then balanced from there after I get some time in and see how it goes. It has full Air Commander support (which in the ALiVE dev build is shooting a lot of errors), and auto tasking. It’s a basic setup, with 2 BLU bases, where BLU and OPF each control their own half of the island.

Not sure if I’m gonna “release” it, but I’ll be sure to get it to you regardless once the MACC stuff is cleaned up, which hopefully will happen internally soon. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@drdetroit Hi! Not sure if you’re American or did any holiday celebrating this week but if so, I hope it was nice!

I have not tried the mobile respawn yet. I recently have been trying to ditch my Xbox controller (yeah believe it or not I’ve played all 2300 hours in Arma with a gamepad) and learn K+M, so recently I’ve been playing the vanilla campaign to get it all down (and a bit of STALKER ). 

The way it was described to me was, the camp object is a backpack you can grab in the arsenal, so you should be able to try it in-game at any time. My understanding is, somehow it can be deployed into a tent and this will become a fully functioning respawn point. I do hope to mess with it soon and get fully back into playing ALiVE missions again once my hands get accoustomed to the keyboard.

The Altis mission is pretty simple, but for all intents and purposes is “done” to the point it’s probably ready to at least be played and then balanced from there after I get some time in and see how it goes. It has full Air Commander support (which in the ALiVE dev build is shooting a lot of errors), and auto tasking. It’s a basic setup, with 2 BLU bases, where BLU and OPF each control their own half of the island.

Not sure if I’m gonna “release” it, but I’ll be sure to get it to you regardless once the MACC stuff is cleaned up, which hopefully will happen internally soon. 

Yup, Happy Thanksgiving HaV!  

Do I need to add the backpack to the arsenal or is it already there?  If it's not there, is the backpack in the editor?  Sorry, not very versed with the mission editor at all.

Once you're ready with the new mission, let me know and I'll be happy to give it a go.  

Thanks HaV!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Yup, Happy Thanksgiving HaV!  

Do I need to add the backpack to the arsenal or is it already there?  If it's not there, is the backpack in the editor?  Sorry, not very versed with the mission editor at all.

Once you're ready with the new mission, let me know and I'll be happy to give it a go.  

Thanks HaV!

From what I was told, it’s already there in the regular arsenal in the backpack section. Apparently this backpack was introduced at the same time as Malden or something? Not sure! I haven’t checked.

So if you’re playing one of my missions, or something similar, just go to the Loadout Manager/Arsenal object in-game when playing and then click on the virtual arsenal and look in the backpack section.

If I have a chance I’ll mess around with it later. I’d love to figure this out as well. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

From what I was told, it’s already there in the regular arsenal in the backpack section. Apparently this backpack was introduced at the same time as Malden or something? Not sure! I haven’t checked.

So if you’re playing one of my missions, or something similar, just go to the Loadout Manager/Arsenal object in-game when playing and then click on the virtual arsenal and look in the backpack section.

If I have a chance I’ll mess around with it later. I’d love to figure this out as well. :)

I''ve been playing October Skies for the past several weeks.  Very cool campaign I must say.  

Hmm...I will check it out after dinner tonight.  Had no idea!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Here’s a rough and dirty port of this mission to Chernarus Redux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/72jsnh0ypwh32a2/October_Skies.chernarusredux.pbo?dl=0

Completely untested. Also I’m sure AI will have problems navigating the clutter (amongst other possible issues) but figured it was worth a try porting this over because the map is definitely incredible.