jstibbsy

Eagle Wing Full campaign release (Arma 2 remake)

uL6UYwG.png
An ArmA 2 campaign, revamped.

Mission
The invasion on Chernarus is about to begin...

Required mods
-All Cup mods
-CBA

Features
-Original voice acting
-Original briefing and tasks
-Live feed

Hints
As soon as the planes take off, make Tim aim at them (R default), Tim's aim should be good enough on most cases.

Thanks
Bohemia Interactive - ArmA 3/2 and Eagle Wing
CUP team - for their amazing port
Nimitz team - For their cool Nimitz mod
BI forums - General help

• Like 7

Oh sweet! Nice one-I really wanted to play EW again :)

Hi, is this the full Eagle Wing campaign - AFAIR it was originally one very long mission ?

Cheers,

OP

I might as well quickly throw a changelog up as well as some news:
CHANGELOG:
1. Four Sidewinder AA missiles to AH64D
2. Localisation and original Stringtable text (hence why the end has the wrong subtitles.)
3. Localisation and changing name of locations, Eg. Zelenogorsk in Russian changes to English
4. Added original satellite data transfer screen
5. Added original EW (Eagle Wing, Electronic Warfare, etc.) 
6. Added/fixed heli patrol
7. Added in nuke boy jet
Changed:
1. AH64D only has 4 hellfire missiles and 17 DAR unguided rockets 
2. The skill level of Cannon enemies has been lowered to avoid helicopter being destroyed instantly
3. All vehicles are now locked (hopefully no Ai get out)
4. Voice lines
5. Position of nuke explosion
Fixed:
1. Heli Patrol
2. Small bugs and faulty programming
INCLUDES THE FULL ARMA 2 STRINGTABLE HENCE THE INCREASED SIZE
FIXED SOME LAG SPIKE ISSUES (used DCIM rocket artillery instead of HE)
NEWS:
The second mission is 99% done, just ironing out bugs and some balancing issues with the first bit of mission 2 (Arma 3 ai is so much harder compared to arma 2), everything that I could possibly do is original minus the cracked watch (It did my head in)
The full campaign will be released in either an addon folder or a pbo to plonk into your campaign folder. 
Should have the full mission finished within the next few days.
Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

beautiful! i missed this mission from A2

just a smol suggestion if you dont mind;

with the coming release of encore, i think the VLS rockets can help give the intro a bit of "OOMPH" like in the original A2 EW with the arleigh burke destroyers launching missiles, you could slap them VLS turrets on the destroyers and give em a scripted launch sequence on some random place on the map (that wont be visited by the player)

but its all cool if you opt not to, the mission is fine either way! cant wait for the 2nd mission

• Like 1

I think the saving of a variable works for the outro. I tested it but got the same result as the default option. but the character weapon transferred over so i assume it works. Let me know if it doesn't though.

I'll just remove my other post and make this the whole Eagle Wing campaign post.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1436978581

Arma 3 Eagle Wing full campaign
The Arma 2 bonus campaign remastered.

Situation:
After the conclusion of Operation Harvest Red in 2009, the civil war in South Zagoria province has escalated into a outright war between the U.S., backing the Chernarussian government, and the Russian Federation, backing the ChDKZ insurgency. The U.S. launches "Operation Echo Wave" and dispatches a naval fleet off the coast of South Zagoria to aid the Chernarussian Defense Forces (CDF) in their retaking of the province.

You take on the role as the US marine pilot, Ed Winters, with Co-Pilot Tim. 

Your objectives are simple:

Head to the airfield and destroy Russian Su-25's

After destroying the Su-25's move to Marathon position and engage all hostile helicopters inbound.

Your mission is over once all AA missiles have been fired.

Requires:
All CUP mods except CWA.
Nimitz mod
CBA mod

Haven't tested with ACE or other such mods, so don't expect full functionality.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1436978581

Bohemia Interactive
CUP team
CBA team
Nimitz mod

• Like 1

Couldn't get in the truck... One friendly AI "Saboteur" appears to be back at the service station still, at least according to the map.

ITzpwfn.jpg
I am ordered to get in but can't...

1 hour ago, HazJ said:

Couldn't get in the truck... One friendly AI "Saboteur" appears to be back at the service station still, at least according to the map.

ITzpwfn.jpg
I am ordered to get in but can't...

It appears that the guy is stuck (never experienced this issue). I'm going to rectify this issue by adding in a timer for the units to get in the truck, if they fail to do it within this time it teleports them in. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I wasted all my ammo (as shown in the pic) trying to shoot the team as I couldn't finish the mission (rage?) but they seem to be invincible to my bullets. :rofl::rofl:

I´ve finished it alright, without any major issues (at the harbour, some enemies just "pops out" as they seem to be spawning right there at the railtracks, but not a big deal)

All my mods are downloaded from armaholic and gdrive (my steamworkshop is buggy so I do it the good ol ways)

Cheers

[Edit] one of the spetznas do get stuck behind but after 2 minutes he got to the truck and the mission move on... maybe some AI pathfinding is buggy and it works some times, some times don´t.... HazJ try reloading a save before that part and trying again, but maybe jstibbsy needs to review the AI paths on that part =/

Any chance of using the USS Freedom instead of the Nimitz in the campaign?

+1 please that's the only reason I've not played this yet. (Nimitz won't play nice with some of my other mods)

CUP has some static carriers in their mod, are they no good for EW?

• Like 1