Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Creating p3d-models for dialogs

Hi all,

I've got following problem:

I want to create my own p3d-model for some 3D-Dialogs. Well I modelled a simple device with the selection "display" where my dialog shall be drawed on.

I created my pbo with config, textures and p3d and put it in addons.

I called the addon "vb_device" where "device.p3d" is the device model.

I created my dialog ressource with object="\vb_device\device.p3d" and a CT_OBJECT_CONTAINER. Now when I try to create that dialog OFP crashes to the desktop without any detailed message what actually happened.

Anyone who tried something similar?

Did you first try putting the object into the game with a setPos - i.e. to check it out in a very basic way?

(I know it's silly, but I have to ask...)

Prospero

Yes, it is usable as a static object. Only when I try to use it in dialogs it crashes my OFP!

My guess is that you need to define it in someway in the config.cpp.

If you can, open up one of the existing models and look at their .cpp's.

wow.gif PEACE

OK, I got my model into my dialog (without any change to the config or the model itself) smile.gif

testDialog.jpg

That is, I used my p3d as a CT_OBJECT_ZOOM (CT_OBJECT worked also) but as soon as I use my model as CT_OBJECT_CONTAINER it crashes me to the desktop.

I have defined a selection "display" on my device (that is that black face on the model and please don't b*tch about the model, it shall be proof of concept)

This is, were all the controls should be on, but with CT_OBJECT_ZOOM there are no controls, so I need CT_OBJECT_CONTAINER, but there OFP crashes. sad.gif

So I think, this must be a p3d-related problem, any suggestions are welcome!

I suggest opening the blok model (note book) and see what selections that have. Better yet, open the laptop model (can't remember the name) and see what selections it have.

it works like this:

Create your model in O2.

Make a selection in the geometry LOD, which is called Component01 (select the boundarys of your object)

Create the following Selections in the Memory LOD:

(e.g. you want to place your controls on the selection "screen")

Screen (All 4 Pt's of the Screen)

Screen TL (select Top Left Corner Pt)

Screen TR (you can imagine the following)  wink.gif

Screen BL

Screen BR

In the description be sure to write

model = "\Addon_Name\Item.p3d"

if you have further questions, you know where to find me  wink.gif

--------------------------

AEF - Campaign

OK, now I got it, look just the image above!

I did as Dschulle told me, and had to make a quad of all 4 points, then it worked.

Thanks to all and especially Dschulle!

Guest BratZ

Wow good work, looks nice, nice tip, thanx

Thanks, but I don't think that that was good work, but perhaps this could be good work:

palm.jpg

Soon to be released tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Oct. 20 2002,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heh, I made a palm too yesterday:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/palm2.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/palm6.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

two people, same idea biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Oct. 20 2002,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heh, I made a palm too yesterday:

[..]<span id='postcolor'>

nice work! nice company name wink.gif

Do the dialogs work? wow.gif

Or do you have to replace the complete config of OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dschulle @ Oct. 20 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or do you have to replace the complete config of OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

Na, the dialogs are defined in the resource.bin, so you have either to replace the resource.bin or create a mod-directory with your custom resource.bin

Dagnabbit!

Here's the sit:

I've created the model, made the 4 points and named them in the memory lod, didn't quite get what dschulle meant when he talked about the geometry Lod (I just made a New Lod, changed it to geometry, attempted to select it all and named the selection component01).

The current problem is the config. Since o2 is my first shot at OFP addons, i have no previous experience of .cpp editing. Although it's similar to .ext, i don't know any of the commands and would love someone to point me in the direction of where i can get a list of them.

Anyways, could one of you kind fella's post your .cpp as a template for me and others who have yet to delve into .cpp?

Thanks

Oh, and another Q; When i've made my .pbo, does it go into the addon folder, the res/addon folder or in some other odd place?

Thanks

tounge.gif PEACE