//-Fuel-\\

Hello my friends,

heres a small addon that i created some time ago.

DevSite

What it does ?

It increases the fuel consumption for all vehicles based on class Car_F.

Requirements:

CBA

Features:

• Easy configuration via variables âœ”
  • More passengers, more fuel consumption âœ”
  • Check for road, change values for consumption âœ– (will be in next major release)

You can change the consumption via setVariable

fox_fuel_settings_rate // default consumption 0.00010
fox_fuel_settings_loadMultiplier // crew multiplier 0.00005;
fox_fuel_settings_tooFastRate // malus for driving too fast 0.00015
fox_fuel_settings_tooSlowRate // malus for driving to slow 0.00005 

Change back to default use:

vehicle setVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_XXX", getNumber (configFile >> "fox_fuel_settings" >> "XXX"), TRUE]; 

Debug:

FOX_FUEL_DEV = TRUE

Download:

@fox_fuel_release_1_0.zip

Permission for reuplaod: All except SteamWorkshop

TRl4eNrNjDuXC.gif

• Like 6

hey nice.

Can you do the same thing for aircraft? Both Jets and Helos.

Maybe even count ammo every minute or so?

This is something that I've been looking for for a while now. ARMA has working fuel station and fuel trucks, ACE have a refueling system and it's all practically a useless because vehicles just don't use fuel fast enough for it to be an issue.

Thank you, I look forward to trying this out.

Is it possible to have a script version for mission makers who don't want to add more addons to their missions? Or is that not really practical?

• Like 1

Another mod similar to this one added a Jerry Can in the back of vehicles for re-fuelling, as a way to balance the reduced capacity- That mod no longer works as it is overwritten by ACE, but do you plan something similar?

Another mod similar to this one added a Jerry Can in the back of vehicles for re-fuelling, as a way to balance the reduced capacity- That mod no longer works as it is overwritten by ACE, but do you plan something similar?

Yeah my old refuel addon got deprecated due the patch 1.56 i think, something similar is in planning.

This is something that I've been looking for for a while now. ARMA has working fuel station and fuel trucks, ACE have a refueling system and it's all practically a useless because vehicles just don't use fuel fast enough for it to be an issue.

Thank you, I look forward to trying this out.

Is it possible to have a script version for mission makers who don't want to add more addons to their missions? Or is that not really practical?

I need to modify some vars and test it again, should be available end of the week.

Script version:

Download

For global settings modify line 27-30

_rate = _vehicle getVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_rate", 0.00010 ];
    _loadMultiplier = _vehicle getVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_loadMultiplier", 0.00005 ];
    _tooFastRate =_vehicle getVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_tooFastRate", 0.00015 ];
    _tooSlowRate = _vehicle getVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_tooSlowRate", 0.00005 ];

How to use:

vehicle execVM "fn_fuel.sqf";
  • Like 2

I have a question. If I start this script in a vehicle, how can I abort it? I am not a scripting expert :)
Reason is, I don't want the script to loop without end if the player leaves the car and turns the engine off. I want to start it again when necessary.

I have a question. If I start this script in a vehicle, how can I abort it? I am not a scripting expert :)

Reason is, I don't want the script to loop without end if the player leaves the car and turns the engine off. I want to start it again when necessary.

You cant abort it, the loop is "while alive vehicle" and for consumption "isengineon vehicle".

It makes no sense to abort this script, you can change the values to 0 for the specific vehicle.

I am just trying to consume less system resources :)
So what about if I use while (alive vehicle" and  "isengineon vehicle") for looping

and using event handler Engine  to start the script?
Then I guess it will stop doing loop in case vehicle stops engine

• Like 1

great effort. making those gas stations and fuel logistics actually meaningful.

• Like 1

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Shiragami , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Awesome mod, is there any chance of setting bisign version and server key?

Thanks.

• Like 2

Ok so obviously I use the code

fox_fuel_settings_rate

to increase the consumption. I assume in some form of 

vehicle setVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_rate", 0.00020, true];

but I have no idea where to put that or if indeed it is correct. I'm just trying to double the consumption rate for all vehicles.

did you try writing this into the init of the vehicle?

this setVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_rate", 0.00020, true];

and then you need to run the script for that vehichle which is the another line in that init section
this execVM "fn_fuel.sqf";

To test if it works you can put a very high consumption rate and check if it works

I'm actually using the addon version now. I was going to use the script, but the addon is so small and work straight out of the box.

Also most (if not all) of the vehicles in this mission are spawned in via ALiVE, so I can't run the script in the vehicles init.

did you try writing this into the init of the vehicle?

this setVariable ["fox_fuel_settings_rate", 0.00020, true];

and then you need to run the script for that vehichle which is the another line in that init section

this execVM "fn_fuel.sqf";

To test if it works you can put a very high consumption rate and check if it works

this works perfect for the script version, thanks.

Nice job thx !

Question: How to run the script for vehicle sapwn by mission like Alive & other ?

How to apply the script for aircraft, chopper, helo...

Sorry for my bad english..

Hey hey Shiragami !

We found your small addon very interesting, and as you allow reupload (excepted on steam workshop) we are planning to integrate it in our modpack. But we think there is something missing : is it possible for you to sign your mod ? It's a very easy procedure, allowing server admin to increase the security level.

In case you don't want to sign your addon, would you allow us to reupload your work signed by our team, in order to use it on our dedicated server ?

Thanks again for this great idea !