13 hours ago, slatts said:

Apologies if I missed it, but will you be trying to get the OPFOR paramilitary model in game? 

I'm pretty sure he's using the A2 mechanical overalls (which have exactly the same model and textures) since the only things missing from the original Paramilitary model are the nightstick baton and handcuffs.

I still wonder why BI made the shemagh a part of the model itself though. Besides causing most of the current selection of faces to clip through the shemagh it also interferes with the majority of headgear too.

On 05/03/2017 at 6:59 AM, Nightmare515 said:

Actually, it's supposedly some flag used by an admiral during a battle for Greece's independence or whatever. My guess is game-wise it was used by the FIA / Kabeiroi.

Either way, I can still use it as a Cornish flag! Even if it wasn't intended as such.

• Like 2

More guns!

Mk16 GL 5.56 mm

hkmou8x.png

Mk16 CQC 7.62 mm

PJxLwjp.png

Mk17 GL 7.62 mm

M9Xku2z.png

Mk17 DMR 7.62 mm

hUcnhET.png

Mk26 .45 ACP

HYnLMab.png

P07 9 mm (note: vanilla P07 still exists, it is just renamed to P99)

VOx6p0W.png

And I'll just show off the Bulldog 12 Gauge some more. :)

LJAkI1U.png

And tritium sights!

xBu9Lr4.png

hqJBGzt.png

3GDNK11.png

• Like 9

Mk6 Mortar for CSAT (Pacific)

2yodThh.png

Khaki and Green Hex Remote Designators

u62px3P.png

k0REKXp.png

And I'm currently in the process of texturing helicopters for CSAT (Pacific)

gjM98MU.png

It's a long process as I have to trace each hexagon by hand, but so far it's looking pretty good. :D

• Like 5

There hasn't been much work done recently due to testing and personal life. But alas, I have something.

But I must ask, would you guys prefer (as default, both will still be present as part of the mod) the new lighter E3 2012 era helmets:

7NOK6jZ.png

FETyHfT.png

Or the darker Pre-Alpha 2013 era helmets?

2K6OR79.png

Which would you like to see NATO troops wearing?

I think it depends on the vests- whatever matches the vest better would be the one I would prefer. 

3 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

I think it depends on the vests- whatever matches the vest better would be the one I would prefer. 

They will wear the vests currently shown.

I think I'd prefer the newer ones.

On 22/03/2017 at 5:36 AM, Nightmare515 said:

There hasn't been much work done recently due to testing and personal life. But alas, I have something.

But I must ask, would you guys prefer (as default, both will still be present as part of the mod) the new lighter E3 2012 era helmets:

Or the darker Pre-Alpha 2013 era helmets?

Which would you like to see NATO troops wearing?

How about random, like the FIA headgear is done in Arma3?

• Like 1

If it's possible,

random.

If not, MTP :P  

Seriously thogh, I'd prefer a camo helmet. But knowing that it is not up for discussion, I'd go with the lighter ones.

May I say that I'm very hyped for this mod? :) 

good luck with your work! 

• Like 2

Small update. I'm experimenting with colors and camouflage for CSAT's Russian forces. I'm currently considering flat colors (green for ground vehicles and helicopters, blue for jets, grey for boats) for vehicles, and giving the ground soldiers digital camouflage (this of course means that Raven Security will look rather similar, but... meh...) along with black helmets and vests.

Prototype textures:

ldPjJD0.png

vQCTHIU.png

If you remember the blue Shikra from the "Scanning Horizon 2017" video, that's what fixed-wing aircraft will be painted in. A solid blue.

Keep in mind also, the "Atlantic" (basically Britain and Russia) factions won't have the same scale as the main factions (US, Iran, China). The Russians will still have units including the T-100 Varsuk, BTR-K Kamysh, ZSU-39 Tigris, and Ifrit to name a few. Meanwhile, the British will deploy with CH-49 Mohawks, WY-55 Hellcats, and FV-720 Moras (and more, of course).

Please tell me what you guys think. :D

• Like 6

Nice! Green camo and black armors are so cool, if there are russian voices, more cool!

6 minutes ago, polpox said:

Nice! Green camo and black armors are so cool, if there are russian voices, more cool!

There are! :3

4 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Small update. First, I decided to go with the lighter-shaded helmets. :)

Second, I'm experimenting with colors and camouflage for CSAT's Russian forces. I'm currently considering flat colors (green for ground vehicles and helicopters, blue for jets, grey for boats) for vehicles, and giving the ground soldiers digital camouflage (this of course means that Raven Security will look rather similar, but... meh...) along with black helmets and vests.

Prototype textures:

If you remember the blue Shikra from the "Scanning Horizon 2017" video, that's what fixed-wing aircraft will be painted in. A solid blue.

Keep in mind also, the "Atlantic" (basically Britain and Russia) factions won't have the same scale as the main factions (US, Iran, China). The Russians will still have units including the T-100 Varsuk, BTR-K Kamysh, ZSU-39 Tigris, and Ifrit to name a few. Meanwhile, the British will deploy with CH-49 Mohawks, WY-55 Hellcats, and FV-720 Moras (and more, of course).

Please tell me what you guys think. :D

Last night I was going through VA and VG and tought the base game itself  has enough assets for a smaller Russia faction.
Then I tought if I ever start modding i'd start with that, guess I don't have to.

The flat matte green is starting to shape up nicely!

• Like 2

Apart from the black helmets, Ru faction is looking mighty fine!

Also, blue air is naval aviation. Air force is dark-grey IRL.

The blue CSAT fighter skin from BIs video is probably for ground-based naval aviation.

• Like 2

GOGGLY GLOOGS

tu47B5x.png

These goggles are mounted in the NVG slot. This particular pair fits the Combat Helmet, Enhanced Combat Helmet, and Light Combat Helmet. A second variant will fit the Light Combat Helmet and Modular Helmet. I'm also planning the ability to press "N" (or whatever your NVG key is) to pull them down. :D

Obviously they have no effect on vision, so no NV or TI vision.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Obviously they have no effect on vision, so no NV or TI vision.

How did you remove the NV function with an object in the NV slot?

57 minutes ago, BadHabitz said:

How did you remove the NV function with an object in the NV slot?

BI changed visionMode with Apex's release so that binoculars in the NVG slot could support thermal vision. So to disable any vision modes, either leave the array blank or use Normal (works the same way as optical scopes) and also leave modelOptics blank so that there won't be an overlay:

class NVG_CombatGoggles
{
	modelOptics = "";
	visionMode[] = {"Normal"};
};

Of course you could also use modelOptics to simulate the effect of wearing goggles but that's entirely up to you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, drebin052 said:

BI changed visionMode with Apex's release...

Thanks. That's good news. I missed that tidbit. 

My only issue is a slight pet peeve but Russia, Although selling supplies to CSAT, is actually a Independent faction. At least that's what had been going around since the Alpha. Hence why the AAF camo was originally "RUcamo". But It's still nice to see them in game regardless

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 9:51 AM, LykosMactire said:

My only issue is a slight pet peeve but Russia, Although selling supplies to CSAT, is actually a Independent faction. At least that's what had been going around since the Alpha. Hence why the AAF camo was originally "RUcamo". But It's still nice to see them in game regardless

That's arguable. Apex has some text in the AAN broadcasts pointing to a CSAT Russia. Regardless, I'm dropping the idea of Russian CSAT forces, instead opting for an independent Russian faction (might also move them to the INDFOR side).

That said, some new improvements to Raven and Russia:

Raven Security's new uniform (it had to be different, so I took some liberties and went with this):

51otHdh.png

And some of the Russian uniforms (yes, they're using some AAF textures, WIP):

GMGwem5.png

And a close-up on their Full Ghillie (WIP):

U6FndD0.png

So yeah, basically the idea is: gear = CSAT, style/colors = AAF. Vehicles will still be the same as the previous post I made. Also I've ditched the "NATO (Atlantic)" name for "NATO (British)" for umm... future reasons... c;

And some dudes, 'cause everyone loves dudes! ...Er, I mean... I love dudes but... You get what I mean...

kWwRIJs.png

And another goggles shot!

MSxPafo.png

• Like 1

There can never be enough of those stealth combat helmets. Have you planned on solid colors on it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peegee said:

There can never be enough of those stealth combat helmets. Have you planned on solid colors on it?

Yes.

• Like 1