Hey Nightmare, amazing progress, I've always wanted a suppressor for M320! Nice work!

I have a slight suggestion on the suppressor, the 9.3mm suppressor fits and sits almost perfectly on M320 and it's better quality model than the old suppressor models.
iyhy1rbsbity.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Rahim supports lasers and flashlights

Nice. So BI finally made the side rail covers hideable again eh? Is it fixed for the underbarrel rail cover as well?

7 hours ago, peegee said:

Hey Nightmare, amazing progress, I've always wanted a suppressor for M320! Nice work!

I have a slight suggestion on the suppressor, the 9.3mm suppressor fits and sits almost perfectly on M320 and it's better quality model than the old suppressor models.
iyhy1rbsbity.jpg

I'm pretty sure using the model alone will give people Marksman DLC ads? Not sure.

Also yes @drebin052 the bottom rail is fixed too. :)

39 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

I'm pretty sure using the model alone will give people Marksman DLC ads? Not sure.

Also yes @drebin052 the bottom rail is fixed too. :)

Why not do both? People without the DLC can then pick the 7.62 model.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in doing some testing for Arma 3 Aegis, please PM me!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

If anyone is interested in doing some testing for Arma 3 Aegis, please PM me!

Message sent! Would love to contribute my time to test stuff!

• Like 1

What is the Operations Magnitude tag supposed to mean? The only other mention of it I've seen is that the MK20 was used by UKSF during it. 

Just now, the_oper8r said:

What is the Operations Magnitude tag supposed to mean? The only other mention of it I've seen is that the MK20 was used by UKSF during it. 

Operation Magnitude was the original 2011 storyline.

• Like 1

I would've said use something akin to the Blackburn Buccaneer camouflage for the British Jets.

It's been a while since my last update.

C-192's VVT functionality:

SpGmtEe.jpg

New Khaki plate carriers:

zeUNwRD.jpg

And a new look for the British forces:

OrzljfM.jpg

QQGkE3k.jpg

They will use a variant of the CTRG coyote brown vest, just without snakeskin.

• Like 9

On 4/15/2017 at 11:17 PM, Nightmare515 said:

Won't happen, sorry.

Would you care to explain why? From what I've been able to find since getting the game less than a month ago, it looks like the best F-35B out there (the only other version I can find available for download has no "stealth" variant without external pylons, and the optics are fixed forward).

Looking to page #1 of this thread, these are the features that interest me, in order of interest:

"F-35F Lightning II"

"New textures for existing vehicles - pacific reskins for BLUFOR"  -I was quite disappointed that Apex didn't even include reskins for the slammer/Marshal/etc

"new weapons: ... RFB 7.62 mm ... Warfare-50 12.7 mm"   - I'm a fan of the RFB, and I think its ridiculous that NATO "forgot" about 50 BMG rifles and their largest is the .408

"New variants of existing vehicles - medical APCs ... medical helicopters, air-to-air drones,

"C-192 Samson, ... Fishing Motorboat, Small Boat, ...  Tractor" - a new transport plane could be nice, as could new civy boats, and the classic tractor that's been in since OFP

but... those are all simple additions, for the additions I don't care for (like a coilgun Varsuk), I can simply not use them. What I don't really want are modifications or replacements of existing content (I assume one can still choose the old skins for the vehicles in the editor).

"Reduced sway

Vehicle weapons have been overhauled according to their real-life counterparts

Weapon magazines have been tweaked according to their real-life counterparts"

I'd rather not have these changes so that the stock units/weapons behave the same way with/without the mod.

May I suggest that you reconsider releasing standalone elements of this pack, or alternately, make the changes (ie replacement/modification) to stock stuff optional as you've done for the AAF reskins and renaming Altis/Stratis.

3 hours ago, Ex3B said:

snip

I don't really want to to chop up my mod and release things separately. I already have a lot of work on my hands (and with final exams going on too) and really it just isn't something I want to do.

Also huge thanks to all the testers finding bugs, suggestions, etc, as well as a huge thanks to y'all for your support. :) I'm confident that a beta release will come in May/June, a little later than I hoped but it is a quite ambitious product and I really am the only person coding/texturing/modelling etc. Stuff like F-35 are basically done (an issue with VTOL and new sounds + HMD are left really), along with a lot of the other content. Apologies still that some minor things are put aside for now, I'll do a full release list asap and a list of content coming post release.

If anyone is experienced with animations and willing to do a few gun reloads, please PM me!

• Like 2

This entire mod makes me happy. Looking forward to the full release! Amazing work!

• Like 2

I'd like to know more about the F-35 you'll be releasing... I understand you're doing a lot of work in your free time, but the Jets DLC brings some changes, an I'm wondering what the new loadout system means for your F-35.

I'm also wondering if it is capable to holding >4 internal stores, as it is in real life (if those are smaller weapons, ie it could hold 6 amraams, or 2 amraams and 2 GBUs)

F35+with+Meteor+and+Spear+3.jpg

*Note those are Hellfile sized AGMs, not Maverick sized AGMs

Also, it would be really awesome if it had camera functionality like this:

Any chance of that?

I've got some mission series that I wanted to make with the LHD addon and an F-35 addon (like what I made in Arma 2, but I came years to late to Arma 2 to have anyonw interested in playing those missions), but without a good F-35B addon, I may just use the carrier and Black Wasp II from this new DLC.

Just FYI that looks like a F-35C (carrier) so internal bays are at least 2x larger then on an 35B (same goes for the A vs B) and the one in the mod is the B (prototype at that).

6 hours ago, Ex3B said:

I'd like to know more about the F-35 you'll be releasing... I understand you're doing a lot of work in your free time, but the Jets DLC brings some changes, an I'm wondering what the new loadout system means for your F-35.

I'm also wondering if it is capable to holding >4 internal stores, as it is in real life (if those are smaller weapons, ie it could hold 6 amraams, or 2 amraams and 2 GBUs)

*Note those are Hellfile sized AGMs, not Maverick sized AGMs

Also, it would be really awesome if it had camera functionality like this:

Any chance of that?

I've got some mission series that I wanted to make with the LHD addon and an F-35 addon (like what I made in Arma 2, but I came years to late to Arma 2 to have anyonw interested in playing those missions), but without a good F-35B addon, I may just use the carrier and Black Wasp II from this new DLC.

The F-35F can carry 2 missiles/bombs in each of its internal bays (so 4 total), and another 6 with its external pylons. The 25 mm gun pod is also removable much like the Buzzard's. Also it does have a fully functional TGP Camera and Dynamic Loadout is 100% working. :)

is there anyway to mod it such that you could have the option to load a pair of missiles to an weapon station?

It would be cool to be able to load, for example, a DAGR pod on a weapon station instead of a single missile.

"The 25 mm gun pod is also removable much like the Buzzard's." - Awesome! the pylons are removable too? or there are two versions of the plane?

" it does have a fully functional TGP Camera and Dynamic Loadout is 100% working." - Sweet

So it can switch between modes as seen in the jets preview? *edit* figured out how to do that

16 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

is there anyway to mod it such that you could have the option to load a pair of missiles to an weapon station?

It would be cool to be able to load, for example, a DAGR pod on a weapon station instead of a single missile.

"The 25 mm gun pod is also removable much like the Buzzard's." - Awesome! the pylons are removable too? or there are two versions of the plane?

" it does have a fully functional TGP Camera and Dynamic Loadout is 100% working." - Sweet

So it can switch between modes as seen in the jets preview? *edit* figured out how to do that

DAGR pods and such can indeed be placed on the pylons (only specific individual missiles and bombs can be mounted in the internal bays). And there is two versions of the plane, just like the Black Wasp II. One with pylons, and a stealthier one without.

So then if its possible to fit a pylon with a "bundle" of munitions, would you be willing to make 2 of those 4 internal stations fit a "bundle" (of 2) of say.. Falchions/Zephyrs/Amraams/Scalpel missiles? Again, in real life, the F-35 can fit 6 AMRAAMs in its internal bays, and I don't see why future versions would reduce its weapons payload.

BTW, what is this C-192 Samson? I assume its a NATO Hercules derivative? is there a gunship version of it, or would that just be redundant with the Blackfish?

7 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Again, in real life, the F-35 can fit 6 AMRAAMs in its internal bays, and I don't see why future versions would reduce its weapons payload.

Again, the ingame F-35 is the B VTOL version, so significantly reduced payload capabilities compared to the regular A and C 35s. So it's perfectly realistic as is.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

BTW, what is this C-192 Samson? I assume its a NATO Hercules derivative? is there a gunship version of it, or would that just be redundant with the Blackfish?

The Samson is basically a 2035 C-130J, and the transport variant is the only variant.

AFAIK, the F-35B has the same internal weapon's bay. All versions can lift much more mass than what they can carry in their internal weapons bays. The B variant sacrificed fuel capacity, not payload bay dimensions, for the lift fan and other VTOL systems.

PS: how do you remove the gun pod on the buzzard?

5 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

AFAIK, the F-35B has the same internal weapon's bay. All versions can lift much more mass than what they can carry in their internal weapons bays. The B variant sacrificed fuel capacity, not payload bay dimensions, for the lift fan and other VTOL systems.

PS: how do you remove the gun pod on the buzzard?

Either way there's no other hard points on the model. Also, just like any other missile. On stable atm 'cause of my group doing stuff but yeah.