8 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Re: TAR-21s

- wasn't there a whole debackle about A3 Alpha's storyline including Israel being overrun by Iran(CSAT)? 

Thus issuing TAR-21s, NEGEV LMGs and other "NATO" armor? And AFAIK FIA used 'em initially exactly because they captured Iranian weapon stockpiles

in the course of all-out conflict between NATO(including Greece who's territory you was obviously fighting in) and Iran?

Was there? How much has the Alpha or early stage story changed compared to the existing story? 

In that case would it make sense for NATO to be using Israeli weapons? Besides the obvious use of Israeli made tanks and such.

I don't remember that much from the early E3(?) 2011-2012 or so dev interviews and videos.

Some A3 concept art also exists so you can search for it on Google I guess...

And honestly, this is just me mostly speculating based off of rough memory about pre-release info... so I'm not sure myself.

20 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Re: TAR-21s

- wasn't there a whole debackle about A3 Alpha's storyline including Israel being overrun by Iran(CSAT)? 

Thus issuing TAR-21s, NEGEV LMGs and other "NATO" armor? And AFAIK FIA used 'em initially exactly because they captured Iranian weapon stockpiles

in the course of all-out conflict between NATO(including Greece who's territory you was obviously fighting in) and Iran?

EDiT; and it would make total sence in pre-AAF storyline. Mk-200 and the whole 6.5 telescoped caseless ammo thing was exclusively NATO territory while Iran used their own 5.56mm stuff (see CSAT carbine magazine visuals) and captured Israeli hardware. If one thinks logically, had BI followed through with the initial setting, NATO probably would'we gotten (more appropriate) Leopard 2 NG and Iran would be running singular T-100 coil gun tanks with more conventional Merkava tanks as their MBTs.

What do you think?

In the current lore, I'm pretty sure Israel is still independent. The TRG-21s were issued to NATO special forces and supplied to the guerrillas. The Zafir is a Chinese-built copy of the Negev. The AAF were formed in 2030 after the Altis civil war in 2027 (before that, Altis was a British territory). They were supplied a variety of western equipment, and CSAT even chimed in to provide some of their own gear (Zamak, Ababil-3).

In the 2011 storyline, NATO still used licensed-produced Merkavas. Iran also used their own copy, known as the T-95. Also the HAF/AAF didn't even exist as a faction.

To summarize btw, 2011 storyline: World War III, Iran has invaded Europe and has even managed to land troops at the beaches of England. Greece has collapsed and New Greece has been formed through Iranian support.

2012 storyline: A war breaks out between NATO and Iran, but a cease fire is enacted once the Iranians invade Greece.

2013 storyline (current): Cold war between NATO and CSAT and you know the rest.

• Like 2

Thanks for clarifying some of my rough memory! :drinking2: 

I was just really interested in the pre-AAF/CSAT lore as it was more grounded.

But I also totally get why BI went ahead and fictionalized it as much as they could (nobody likes prison I guess)...

I made this map a while back:

FdSqswo.png

NATO is accurate, CSAT kinda is (based off lore and the real life SCO).

• Like 4

Okay thanks for clearing stuff up. I think I like the current story a lot more haha. One thing though- do you have a source for the info about the Negev and TRG-21? 

1 minute ago, the_oper8r said:

Okay thanks for clearing stuff up. I think I like the current story a lot more haha. One thing though- do you have a source for the info about the Negev and TRG-21? 

Check the field manual for the Zafir, and on TTP3 you can see picture of SF carrying the Tavor, plus in the files, it's refered to as "BluSpecRifle" in the field manual.

12 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

Check the field manual for the Zafir, and on TTP3 you can see picture of SF carrying the Tavor, plus in the files, it's refered to as "BluSpecRifle" in the field manual.

Got a link to the field manual? 

1 minute ago, the_oper8r said:

Got a link to the field manual? 

It's in the main menu, under "Tutorials". Check weapon info for the Zafir's entry.

• Like 1

Super-useful map! But you left Belarus white while they would be on the same page with Russia in regards to geo-politics and mil-sales (CSAT IFV-universal platform thingy is IRL a Belarussian Stalker 2T recon vehicle)

14 minutes ago, armyguy277 said:

well that map seems to be completely missing CSTO

CSTO isn't included, just Russia lone. I don't know if CSTO (or SCO for that matter) exist in the Armaverse by 2035.

I'd assume that SCO evolved into CSAT. 

As for the TRG I guess I'm fine with it now. Will you make a black or tan version though? If not that's fine, I just think it would match better with US units. Also how are the carriers, helmets and uniforms of SF going to be different from standard infantry? 

In the Arma Storyline it is clearly mentioned that Russia is not part of CSAT. So, if SCO became CSAT, then it has changed quite a lot, of course it may have started out as sco, and Russia felt strong enough on its own, who knows...

53 minutes ago, the_oper8r said:

I'd assume that SCO evolved into CSAT. 

As for the TRG I guess I'm fine with it now. Will you make a black or tan version though? If not that's fine, I just think it would match better with US units. Also how are the carriers, helmets and uniforms of SF going to be different from standard infantry? 

Yes, there is a black version. Their equipment is similar to infantry, just wearing lighter helmets and what not.

While on the topic of rifles, have you done anything with MX textures? I'd personally prefer they were swapped out with the black because they look a lot better, though I'm going to guess you don't want to diverge from the vanilla aesthetic, so I'd hope they're darkened a bit at least. As is in vanilla, they're almost white and that is silly. If a military was going to adopt a tan weapon, it would be a darker more FDE type shade that is versatile and doesn't stand out, like can be observed with the new German G28s and MG5s. Oh, and getting rid of the stupid camo magazines would be great

• Like 1

Some WIP C-192 Samson textures, still need to work on the wings.

Zg0Us2I.jpg

T1RopCk.jpg

22 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

While on the topic of rifles, have you done anything with MX textures? I'd personally prefer they were swapped out with the black because they look a lot better, though I'm going to guess you don't want to diverge from the vanilla aesthetic, so I'd hope they're darkened a bit at least. As is in vanilla, they're almost white and that is silly. If a military was going to adopt a tan weapon, it would be a darker more FDE type shade that is versatile and doesn't stand out, like can be observed with the new German G28s and MG5s. Oh, and getting rid of the stupid camo magazines would be great

No plans to change the MX as of now.

• Like 6

Aaaand here they are, finished:

BLUFOR

hInkX1k.jpg

OPFOR

UDS3tTR.jpg

Independent

Ay4OWaX.jpg

• Like 11

Would Blufor really use a C-130 when they have the new Blackfish?

Just now, eran100 said:

Would Blufor really use a C-130 when they have the new Blackfish?

The C-192 Samson was cut from the pre-alpha, so I added it back.

• Like 3

If you are doing any winter camos for NATO or CSAT I've the basic NATO uniform in multicam alpine, and a template of a winter CSAT hex camo that you are free to use 

• Like 5

That some sexy bird textures! :don8:

I have a pesky request question tho: perhaps a C-130 crash site (non-exploded one) from A2 with faction-appropriate varients?

EDiT: just noticed AAF variant has dark-grey(black) parts that look in-line with their uniform peripherals (boots, gloves) - gives that extra bit of integrity! (as in: digi-camo + black details)

• Like 1

hi guys... im going through a lot right now

work on the mod is suspended and will probably resume in the coming weeks, worst case scenario ill release the source files

i hope you understand

• Like 7

Just now, Nightmare515 said:

hi guys... im going through a lot right now

work on the mod is suspended and will probably resume in the coming weeks, worst case scenario ill release the source files

i hope you understand

Don't worry about it mate. Modding is a hobby-real life intrudes on us all :) Everyone will be here when you get back hahaha!

If you want me to lock the topic or anything, PM me.

• Like 10

My boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago, but thankfully we're back together now! :D

Again, thanks for the support guys, development has resumed. I'm mostly playing with PhysX and configuration for the F-35F and C-192 so I don't have much to show their, but I do have these! I might've shown them already though, lol

M320 LRR supports suppressors

arwj8Ga.jpg

Zafir supports suppressors

ssIU9XG.jpg

SDAR supports scopes

gXaOhUV.jpg

Rahim supports lasers and flashlights

lUXrYIZ.jpg

P07 supports flashlights

9SAPbuL.jpg

• Like 9