BTW just for some inspiration: an actual Kazakhstan produced BM-21 on the same KAMAZ model chasis, but with bolt-on armor plates and a PKM turret for the hatch:

p1646006.jpg 

• Like 2

I'm personally not a big fan of the Russian infantry. I feel like the AAF pattern isn't "russian enough," I feel like russian patterns have a certain vibe to them, I could see their EMR pattern sticking around. The current uniforms would be fine I suppose, however I like the worker coveralls/heli pilot coveralls as a kinda future-y looking fatigue plus that basially unused vanilla Raven vest and CSAT helmets would be a neat look. And for the Raven security, since they currently have the coveralls, perhaps you could give them survival fatigues and FIA outfits with camo pants and some plaid or regular shirts for that classic contractor look, or just keep them the way they are if you're fine with the coveralls being used twice. Though thats a ton of work to please one person when you already have it laid down so I respect what you've already made. No matter what you do, still a very good expansion upon the vanilla content and I look forward to it.

• Like 1

RusFed pattern *could be a bit darker. To suit more casually to the european style forests while not being dark enough to completely screw the clearly "multicam" approach for lighter terrains (Altis etc).

Still, good nuff as-is IMHO.

• Like 1

I kinda agree with the last two guys... everything in the mod has been really well put together and clearly has lots of love and effort put in so it feels bad to say, but the Russian camo really does look out of place with the AAF camo scheme. It just dosen't fit their aesthetic I guess is the only way to put it. 

The CSAT-R camo has the perfect look to them and it fits into the 2035 era seamlessly.. has there ever been consideration about collaborating with em?csat-r-revenant-division-version-06-6_4.jpg

(Night let me know if you want me to remove this)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Krieger26 said:

The CSAT-R camo has the perfect look to them and it fits into the 2035 era seamlessly.

I agree that the CSAT-R and TF Nomad(by the same guy) really nail the russian look. I especially love how he retextured the press vest and then put CSAT harnesses and Raven Vests in the backpack slot to wear over the vest, they kind of clip but its unique and reminiscent of actual russian gear. Same sorta thing could be done with Viper Harnesses now too I suppose but something about what he did was so cool.

On 4/3/2017 at 7:31 AM, Nightmare515 said:

And some of the Russian uniforms (yes, they're using some AAF textures, WIP):

Not requesting, just giving some variants, but instead of AAF pattern better to use SPEKTR-SKVO? I believe it will fit mideterrain environment just perfectly.
IMG_0382.JPGIMG_0386.JPG

And that Zamak with Grad launcher is masterpiece for sure! But for CSAT would be nice to see the same thing but on the Tempest chassis. Yet again just giving some variants to think about.

1 hour ago, grijkee said:

And that Zamak with Grad launcher is masterpiece for sure! But for CSAT would be nice to see the same thing but on the Tempest chassis. Yet again just giving some variants to think about.

Problem with that is that Night's Zamak LRS is a ported version of the Kamaz-6560 chassis combined with the BM-21 Grad's launcher pod, both from Arma 2 and are only available from the A2 Samples pack. Because the A3 Zamak is a direct port of the A2 version by BI themselves he can reuse the textures for his port.

On the other hand the Tempest is made from scratch by BI for Arma 3 and is not legally available for editing unless BI themselves release the MLODs (and that is not going to happen for another few years at the minimum).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

On the other hand the Tempest is made from scratch by BI for Arma 3 and is not legally available for editing unless BI themselves release the MLODs (and that is not going to happen for another few years at the minimum).

Sad but true. Would have loved to see some more variants of the "Tempest" in the first place, like a true MRAP troop carrier truck...

But apart from that, man this mod gets me hyped. I love realistic current timeframe equipment, but the Arma3 Timeline also has something fascinating about it, and seeing it expanded, and enhanced makes me, well, hyped :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bars91 said:

BTW just for some inspiration: an actual Kazakhstan produced BM-21 on the same KAMAZ model chasis, but with bolt-on armor plates and a PKM turret for the hatch:

Reminds me of the RM-70. :)

17 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I'm personally not a big fan of the Russian infantry. I feel like the AAF pattern isn't "russian enough," I feel like russian patterns have a certain vibe to them, I could see their EMR pattern sticking around. The current uniforms would be fine I suppose, however I like the worker coveralls/heli pilot coveralls as a kinda future-y looking fatigue plus that basially unused vanilla Raven vest and CSAT helmets would be a neat look. And for the Raven security, since they currently have the coveralls, perhaps you could give them survival fatigues and FIA outfits with camo pants and some plaid or regular shirts for that classic contractor look, or just keep them the way they are if you're fine with the coveralls being used twice. Though thats a ton of work to please one person when you already have it laid down so I respect what you've already made. No matter what you do, still a very good expansion upon the vanilla content and I look forward to it.

Supposedly it's what the Russians were supposed to wear, and that's why I'm going with it. I do understand however that it is similar to the AAF's camo, just lighter and more yellow.

15 hours ago, Krieger26 said:

I kinda agree with the last two guys... everything in the mod has been really well put together and clearly has lots of love and effort put in so it feels bad to say, but the Russian camo really does look out of place with the AAF camo scheme. It just dosen't fit their aesthetic I guess is the only way to put it. 

The CSAT-R camo has the perfect look to them and it fits into the 2035 era seamlessly.. has there ever been consideration about collaborating with em?

To be honest I never knew this mod existed up until now.

4 hours ago, grijkee said:

Not requesting, just giving some variants, but instead of AAF pattern better to use SPEKTR-SKVO? I believe it will fit mideterrain environment just perfectly.

The digi pattern will remain primary, but I'll definitely add in a few variants. :)

• Like 2

What do you guys think about the KA-137 from PMCs for Raven?

• Like 5

I think it would be pretty cool to include it, having unique vehicles for factions is always nice and it would add some more options when playing as raven

17 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

What do you guys think about the KA-137 from PMCs for Raven?

IMHO would look really weird (as in RL) when one can get their hands on a more compact quadro for pretty much pocket money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bars91 said:

IMHO would look really weird (as in RL) when one can get their hands on a more compact quadro for pretty much pocket money.

IIRC, it's outfitted with a potent RC PK, so a heavy soviet 7,62. Not something available on a quadro.

pmcvehicle-uav.jpg

• Like 1

Small update, some crates:

Some for the Pacific factions, and the green ones are for the British NATO forces.

ayx15gy.png

And another pic of the Zamaks (WIP textures):

9iE3Ht9.png

EDIT: Also, Laser Designator (Grey)

u5GWcfx.png

• Like 7

Seeing as the carrier has arrived, I decided to make some new textures for the F-35F:

Pcq9XnZ.png

The old one still exists. Textures are WIP, of course.

• Like 7

Really dig the 2035 US NAVY textures matched to Jets DLC ones ))) will make USS Gerald R. Ford Freedom that much more diverse while being organic to the Vanilla setting!

EDiT: since you showed a ported MV-22 from A2 samples, would you perhaps consider doing a NAVY texture to "resemble" the planned CMV-22B version for COD duties?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Really dig the 2035 US NAVY textures matched to Jets DLC ones ))) will make USS Gerald R. Ford Freedom that much more diverse while being organic to the Vanilla setting!

EDiT: since you showed a ported MV-22 from A2 samples, would you perhaps consider doing a NAVY texture to "resemble" the planned CMV-22B version for COD duties?

I haven't shown a MV-22 yet, but it's planned for the future, and yes I'll do a texture for it! :)

LoL - must have mixed the mods up then. Still, since Vanilla A3 has an actual V-22 wreck, I guess it has some basis to exist within this mod )

The British need some sort of unique camo for their F-35s, what do you guys think about this?

d9YpyKW.png

Also yes, there's pylons (and a gun pod) now which work with dynamic loadout. :3

• Like 7

I was wondering if you would release the F-35B separately? (like you did with the lens flare) Also you have done some amazing work btw

4 minutes ago, I Am Minimal said:

I was wondering if you would release the F-35B separately? (like you did with the lens flare) Also you have done some amazing work btw

Won't happen, sorry.

• Like 2

The jets haven't even been released and you are already making textures o_o

Keep up the great work nightmare!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cydoemus said:

The jets haven't even been released and you are already making textures o_o

Keep up the great work nightmare!

To clarify a wee bit, this is the F-35 from ArmA 2 (I believe) getting ported and re-textured to suit the new content of the Jets DLC.

Still an amazing thing though, and I can't wait until Jets releases and mod makers are given decrypted access to the .pbos for the inevitable re-textures from the various modders.

• Like 2