Badass! Love the indy RusFed idea )))

Just for some discussions: aren't "security personel" not allowed camo clothing and instead go for solids/civies? Tho i've seen civilian security in UCP camies (in our town, not a hot zone by any means) )))

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bars91 said:

Badass! Love the indy RusFed idea )))

Just for some discussions: aren't "security personel" not allowed camo clothing and instead go for solids/civies? Tho i've seen civilian security in UCP camies (in our town, not a hot zone by any means) )))

They're wearing a set uniform just for aesthetic and Armaverse reasons (supposedly they were supposed to wear a digi uniform.)

Also, I haven't given much love to the AAF so expect to see some new apparel to compliment their current selection soon!

• Like 1

Aaaand here they are (WIP)!

Modular Helmet (Camo) on the left, Netted Modular Helmet on the right.

vdpiK9N.png

And as an additional bonus, variants for the Brits:

Xnhc6JT.png

These helmets aren't replacing anything on existing soldiers, instead further fleshing out the AAF's gear pool. One thing about Aegis is that it'll make use of those old unused class names, e.g. H_HelmetIA_net and H_HelmetIA_camo. The models are still WIP of course, and an actual NVG mount is planned.

• Like 6

Love 'em!

But I always saw the Mk-200 as NATO LMG since it uses telescoped caseless ammo...

AAF would be perfectly served with the Apex FN Minimi PARA (5.56 + ability IRL to run STANAG mags) but you know - dependency and all that ///

EDiT: also I just remembered the early screens showing Mk-200 in a sand MX-like variant. Fit 'em like a glove.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Love 'em!

But I always saw the Mk-200 as NATO LMG since it uses telescoped caseless ammo...

AAF would be perfectly served with the Apex FN Minimi PARA (5.56 + ability IRL to run STANAG mags) but you know - dependency and all that ///

EDiT: also I just remembered the early screens showing Mk-200 in a sand MX-like variant. Fit 'em like a glove.

Oh like this? :)

9AnLBzl.png

NAcqmHs.png

NATO already has new Machine Gunner units, equipped with Mk200s in place of their MX SWs. Specop Autorifleman also carry the Mk200.

• Like 6

Maybe just add the Mk-200 gunners but also keep all NATO autorifles the MX? Something like LMG=M249 and autorifle=M27 for USMC IRL? (same with PKM and RPK-74 for RusFed IRL)

so that Mk-200s complement the MX support gunners but not replace (I know one can change that via loadouts, but deleting an unwanted autorifle from squad is faster)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bars91 said:

Maybe just add the Mk-200 gunners but also keep all NATO autorifles the MX? Something like LMG=M249 and autorifle=M27 for USMC IRL? (same with PKM and RPK-74 for RusFed IRL)

so that Mk-200s complement the MX support gunners but not replace (I know one can change that via loadouts, but deleting an unwanted autorifle from squad is faster)

Autoriflemen and Machine Gunners are two different units, so the MX SW isn't replaced. :)

Must have had too much coffee then... :drinking2:

Really looking forward to this, since I'm currently writing a story script that might eventually turn into a russian SP campaign set in "Armaverse" around 2030's

and taking advantage of all official DLC and A3 game mechanics (that BI sadly under-utilised).

• Like 4

Oh man,

I just love to see how this is shaping up :D all the extra goodies, all the hidden treasures...

many thanks for the work you invest in this :)

• Like 1

kWnSFmM.png

More Green Hex! Note, the Orca's darkness is due to the model's RVMAT, so I'm currently seeing what I can do about that. The Neophron is next. :)

• Like 5

IN regards to the A2 British helmet ports how about make the pattern a bit bigger, its too small compared to the actual camo the AAF uses

35 minutes ago, LykosMactire said:

IN regards to the A2 British helmet ports how about make the pattern a bit bigger, its too small compared to the actual camo the AAF uses

Yep! Already on that! :)

Also, I think I'll release an alpha version at some point soon, likely even this month depending on IRL stuff. Currently in the process of going PBO-to-PBO updating all of my code.

• Like 1

Wow Night, what an amazing display of dedication, skill and patience. I seriously can't wait for this to come out so I can nag on my admins to get it up and running in our mission servers :D

However, when seeing that you got your hands on the oldest arma build I couldn't help but plan to ask you for a few things, at least to consider them for the future (as, as you've said yourself, you have a lot on your plate at the moment and would rather this be released asap before expanding).

I'm not sure it's even possible to get them as they were used in promotional material and might not have made the cut to the files of even the first alpha.

So here goes:

A variant of the MRAPS with a full (.50 + GL) RCWS on the roof

arma3_screeenshot_pcgus_02_exclusive_4.j

a Marshall "artillery variant" (Considering I've never ever seen either the turret or gun models anywhere in the game this one might already be a lost cause)

Arma-3-11.jpg

And actually that's it, you're already working on the T 100 "K" and since you did a medevac turretless Marshall variant I feel confident the non medevac variant will see the light as well so that's two things "taken care of" !

Again I'm not holding my breath for those two, just if you stumble upon a model or a line of code in the Alpha build relating to those, I can't speak for others but I, for one, would be very happy for these guys to be on your list :D

Cheers !

11 minutes ago, arziben said:

snip

Thanks a ton! :)

Sadly since the models for the Arty and RCWS MRAPs don't exist, it isn't possible.

• Like 1

one recommendation have would to be to add reskins of the tactical vest with all of the factions camo schemes 

Some backpacks! (apologies if I've shown these already)

Carryall Backpack (Black)

107410_20170407001126_1.png

Kitbag (Black)

107410_20170407000645_1.png

Kitbag (Digi)

107410_20170407000722_1.png

Kitbag (Khaki)

107410_20170407000551_1.png

Tactical Pack (Green Hex)

107410_20170407000739_1.png

Tactical Pack (Khaki)

107410_20170407000608_1.png

7 hours ago, armyguy277 said:

one recommendation have would to be to add reskins of the tactical vest with all of the factions camo schemes 

No plans yet but it's possible.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Thanks a ton! :)

Sadly since the models for the Arty and RCWS MRAPs don't exist, it isn't possible.

And thank you for the reply. That's unfortunate but it doesn't change my excitement for your work :D

• Like 1

gradk.png

Currently working on a Zamak LRS model. It will take some time however as it's actually the Kamaz from A2 with a Grad on the back (super WIP texture on the launcher btw) and I have to update the animations and memory points quite a bit. This will be CSAT/AAF's rocket artillery. :)

• Like 8

Are you actually able to use textures and normals from A3 model where applicable, or just imitate by hand as close as possible?

1 minute ago, bars91 said:

Are you actually able to use textures and normals from A3 model where applicable, or just imitate by hand as close as possible?

Yes, using A3's textures and materials is fine.

• Like 2

Superb! Saves a bit of that precious time!

EDiT: is the FIA (captured and repainted by hand AAF) version planned?

• Like 1

This is just astonishing! The amount of time and effort you put into this mod making it look like a vanilla expansion going so far to make new and port models is just great!

with this mod many campaigns/scenarios will pop up and it will be fantastic I assure you!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cydoemus said:

This is just astonishing! The amount of time and effort you put into this mod making it look like a vanilla expansion going so far to make new and port models is just great!

with this mod many campaigns/scenarios will pop up and it will be fantastic I assure you!

Thank you! :D

16 hours ago, bars91 said:

Superb! Saves a bit of that precious time!

EDiT: is the FIA (captured and repainted by hand AAF) version planned?

Currently no, but the FIA (and Syndikat) will likely receive some more content in the future.

EDIT: Zamak LRS in-game:

2nbNEdr.png

(again super WIP texture on the launcher)

• Like 10