Hey AZCoder, I´ve tried to dl the new version (and replay it and Gambit Royale, while Dark Tide isn´t released) from your mirror (azcoder.com - cus I have a serious trouble with dling mods from SW) but it´s an old version, 1.5 perhaps.... could you please update your mirror as well , for this humble fan of your work? 😃

Cheers... anxious for the last part (Dark Tide) to close this awesome high octane campaign 8D

Are you sure? I most certainly did update it.  If there are women in the first mission at the club doing modern dancing, it's new. Otherwise make sure to blow out any old save you have. Please let me know, you're an awesome supporter and I will make sure you have the latest. I'm trying to download to triple check, but man my server is slooooooooooooooooow. 😄

Ok I got it downloaded. ShadowFall.pbo says 1/1/2020. Should be right. Please let me know @corporal_lib[br]

Edited by AZCoder
Verified download

5 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Ok I got it downloaded. ShadowFall.pbo says 1/1/2020. Should be right. Please let me know @corporal_lib[br]

Oh Gosh, must have been the modfolder (which dates as 2017) that misled me, indeed, the shadowfall.pbo is dated as 1/1/2020... BTW, armaholic is still on version 1.2 , theirs is reaaaaally outdated lol

Great, I´ll replay them now, while I´m still on hollidays vacations, thanks a bunch 😃

Cheers (and counting the days for Dark Tides, thou you haven´t  vented a rough release date wink wink)

16 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

BTW, armaholic is still on version 1.2 , theirs is reaaaaally outdated lol

I stopped using Armaholic when it became a huge chore to send them anything, even updates. Takes about an hour of my time. Not worth it.

Hey man, I wanted to play this campaign again before I will get into Dark Tides (because I can't remember what was it about), but maybe it needs some more patching up, because in the 2nd mission:

Every time when I load a game in Pustoshka the game crashes with an "the memory could not be written" error. I'm not sure, if this is caused by an error in the campaign, or something is wrong with one of the mods. Didn't happen to me before in ArmA 3.

Also, there is an T-72 and BRDM present at the radio tower even though I have destroyed the trucks, as distraction. Is this intentional? The tank always kicks my ass when shooting starts...

I've reverted the mission 3 times, but it is always the same.

I'm running only mods, that are required by the campaign

3 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:

Hey man, I wanted to play this campaign again before I will get into Dark Tides (because I can't remember what was it about), but maybe it needs some more patching up, because in the 2nd mission:

Every time when I load a game in Pustoshka the game crashes with an "the memory could not be written" error. I'm not sure, if this is caused by an error in the campaign, or something is wrong with one of the mods. Didn't happen to me before in ArmA 3.

Also, there is an T-72 and BRDM present at the radio tower even though I have destroyed the trucks, as distraction. Is this intentional? The tank always kicks my ass when shooting starts...

You mean loading a saved game that is in Pustoshka? Not just playing through without reload? I can try testing it.

I haven't played it in a couple years. I think you are supposed to destroy the T-72 with artillery, if I remember correct. Is there arty in the mission? I don't recall off-hand. I will get back to you.

Wait, now I remember after closing this window. If you go into Zelenegorsk and blow up the trucks, the T-72 *should* come down the mountain and go to town. You want to clear the area before it arrives. Normally it will stay down there out of your way as you head up Green Mountain. Sometimes the T-72 will come back up the mountain after fighting starts. Yes it's hard. A bit too hard IMO. I mean seriously, 2 guys going up against all those CDF? I'll add it to my refactoring plans.

I am going to do some major updates to some areas of the campaign. I am getting ready to announce a completely revamped radiation system, complete with a geiger counter instead of the hint box (just for looks), vomiting from radiation exposure, and radiation will affect all NPCs in addition to the player. I will rework parts of the first mission, for example since the CUP team kindly gave us a full hospital interior, I plan to use that for the injury part of the mission. I might expand the early storyline a bit, totally rework the first battle. I didn't plan any changes for mission 2, but I will look into it. I plan a couple surprises for the Chernobyl Zone missions. I am going to change some mod requirements to match with Dark Tides (I want all 3 campaigns to be in sync). I might put that off a bit, since it will probably annoy anyone in the middle of a playthrough.

• Like 2

@SlovakianLynx  It crashed on me too. Not sure if this is the cause, but due to a recent code change by me, it is now spawning forbidden civilian vehicles into the mission instead of the good ones. I caught this in the error log. I'll update that throughout the campaign and push an update. BTW the vehicle spawn call was correct in the first mission and wrong in all others that use it.

Update now live on Steam.

The "bad" vehicles will no longer spawn. Not sure if this will fix crashing.

The T-72 will no longer return to Green Mountain. It's already hard enough, no need to punish player for creating the diversion.

Added Chinese translations by Strayer. Sorry it took me 12 months to get around to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:

Wow thanks for the quick fix, I will test the mission, as soon, as I can.

If you get any more crashing let me know and I'll do a deeper dive.

I'm just playing the mission and it is still the same. When I save the game in Pustoshka near the house with the computer and load that save the game crashes. T-72 is still sitting on Green Mountain...

But I've noticed a improvement with the vehicles. AI seems not to crash with them that much. Before I even witnessed a bus explosion in Vybor.

It's great to see you still take care of your old stuff and have new ideas how to improve it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SlovakianLynx said:

I'm just playing the mission and it is still the same. When I save the game in Pustoshka near the house with the computer and load that save the game crashes. T-72 is still sitting on Green Mountain...

If you blow up the fuel trucks in Zelengorsk, the T72 should go down there. Assuming I didn't remove the wrong waypoints. What a pity about the crashing. I put it on my todo list.

• Like 1

I have always blown up the trucks for distraction with the one mortar strike available, but the T-72 did not move, or was I supposed to go down there and blow them up with charges?

Anyway, I have managed to beat this mission on about fifth save reload, when the tank decided to go somewhere down the hill. 

In the next mission Pirates of Porto (this one was a walk in the park compared to the previous one) I have experienced the same kind of crash near the pirate HQ.

Just finished the September Crisis mission and that one seems to be Ok. No crashing when reloading a save.

In this mission it is funny, that I'm undercover and Anatoli is wearing a ChDKZ uniform with the skull  and bones patch and no one cares.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SlovakianLynx said:

I have always blown up the trucks for distraction with the one mortar strike available, but the T-72 did not move, or was I supposed to go down there and blow them up with charges?

Anyway, I have managed to beat this mission on about fifth save reload, when the tank decided to go somewhere down the hill. 

In the next mission Pirates of Porto (this one was a walk in the park compared to the previous one) I have experienced the same kind of crash near the pirate HQ.

Just finished the September Crisis mission and that one seems to be Ok. No crashing when reloading a save.

In this mission it is funny, that I'm undercover and Anatoli is wearing a ChDKZ uniform with the skull  and bones patch and no one cares.

LOL oh my, that Anatoli likes to play it dangerously. Glad you got through that mission. There will be all kinds of changes, but they are months away. I'm trying to finalize the new geiger counter display. I can release that in an update if I fix one issue it has.

and good grief what could be causing crashes?

Here's a preview of the new radiation system that I have developed. I am still tweaking and testing it; not ready for release just yet. I may release this addon separately as well, although I wrote it for Shadow Fall. Will probably integrate in a week or so. While written for single-player, someone could probably tweak it for multiplayer if they wanted.

• Like 2

I have completed the campaign and didn't come across any more crashes. I had two, or three error pop-ups, but nothing game breaking. It must be something, that is only in those two missions and I agree, that the crashing is very weird.

I forgot to add, that in the 2nd mission optional objective visit Uday has the same description, as objective visit Yakim.

Also, there is a small issue in Pirates of Porto mission. On the little island with the radio tower are two guys, who seem to want to escape it on a raft, when shooting starts, but they can't, because it is halfly sunk. Other than that everything in the campaign seems to be Ok.

That new radiation system seems to be pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:

I have completed the campaign and didn't come across any more crashes. I had two, or three error pop-ups, but nothing game breaking. It must be something, that is only in those two missions and I agree, that the crashing is very weird.

I forgot to add, that in the 2nd mission optional objective visit Uday has the same description, as objective visit Yakim.

Also, there is a small issue in Pirates of Porto mission. On the little island with the radio tower are two guys, who seem to want to escape it on a raft, when shooting starts, but they can't, because it is halfly sunk. Other than that everything in the campaign seems to be Ok.

That new radiation system seems to be pretty cool.

haha that figures about the quest objective ... I wonder if it was always like that

Thanks for reporting on it.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, SlovakianLynx said:

I may have resolved the crashing in mission 2, but I used the "sledgehammer" approach. I tore apart all scripts and rebuilt them. I could not get it to crash after that, I tried quick save and slow save, reloading, getting killed, etc,  all around the NAPA house. No problems. Before it always crashed on me. It may be awhile before I can get this into production because I will need to update and test all missions. Unfortunately I don't know what caused the crashes. Had some ideas, but none were validated. Error log was no help, only showed some spamming from the RDS update that can't find sound files. Also I hate to say this, but my scripting in Shadow Fall is really ugly LOL. I was trying to figure out the best way to approach some problems and came up with a mess :D  Weird thing is that it seemed to work until recently.

• Like 2

When you will release an update, I will test it and let you know, if it is also Ok on my system.

• Like 1

I have a couple announcements. First is that American Badass Richard Marcinko passed away this week, founder of SEAL Team 6. May he RIP.

Second is that I have been working on Shadow Fall v2.0. Originally I was just going to make some updates to the campaign and remaster the dialog audio, but then I found things that I didn't like that much and it snowballed into a major rebuild. Two of the original missions were axed, but the total mission count has increased. If you played Dark Tides, the 2nd mission has a flashback moment that gives you an idea about the first few missions of SF 2.0. I put a little more detail into the early part of the Chedaki civil war. The Chernobyl missions in the zone have been totally redone. When I made the campaign back in 2015/16, I didn't even know what STALKER was at the time (I know, crazy). Since then I've played STALKER and the entire Metro series, and they have had an influence on the remake. I have worked on a number of new functions and modules , such as merging my pack dog scripts with JBOY dogs and converting it into a simple to use map module. I will probably release it separately after I feel it's stable enough. I redid the radiation systems (also a map module now), I modified and used the electrical spark anomaly from Alias and created a couple unique anomalies of my own. I don't want to give away too much yet, but the Chernobyl missions will truly be creepy in this release. It is roughly 90% complete, so I would expect its release in a few weeks once all dialog is recorded.

Happy New Year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year, AZCoder! So I´m guessing we will be chased by packs of rabid dogs, giant wildboards and Bloodsuckers, dodge anomalies (after tossing some bolts) and cure radiation poisoning with Vodka? I´m in!

Anxious for this remake of SF, you just keep us coming back (you´ve got us hooked on your campaigns like a sleasy dealer, AZ) 😉

Cheers! 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Happy New Year, AZCoder! So I´m guessing we will be chased by packs of rabid dogs, giant wildboards and Bloodsuckers, dodge anomalies (after tossing some bolts) and cure radiation poisoning with Vodka? I´m in!

Anxious for this remake of SF, you just keep us coming back (you´ve got us hooked on your campaigns like a sleasy dealer, AZ) 😉

Cheers! 

Holy cow, I hadn't thought of healing radiation. I already put alcohol into player's inventory just for show (thanks to Poolpunk's mod).

There are anomalies, but bolts won't help you.

Here are the first promo pics from the campaign:

A club in Miroslavl'. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is.

sfPromo1.jpg

Natalia finally appears in Arma 3! If you played Gambit Royale in Arma 2, then you have seen her before.

sfPromo2.jpg

A bar in Berezino.

sfPromo3.jpg

Stay away from these guys.

sfPromo4.jpg

Ukrainian soldier guarding Pripyat.

sfPromo5.jpg

The demon of Pripyat (hard to see on purpose).

sfPromo6.jpg

One of the anomaly types.

sfPromo7.jpg

You only get a flashlight to see at night.

sfPromo8.jpg

• Like 4

Natalia is using the Zephik v2 mod, which also makes the Kitty Cat Club possible.

In the 3rd pic is a lady in a white dress which is from "Female dress" by xakuda. He gave me permission to pack it with the campaign.

• Thanks 1

AZ, pleasepleaseplease, among those guys in 4th picture (the slav gang), put a guy in yellow adidas hoodies, ushanka and balaclava and name him Boris...
If you watch a lot of STALKER´s satire channels like me, you may get acquainted to a certain BORIS dude lol

Damn, I guess I´ll spend more time on Kitty Kat club than the mission allow, unless it is a cutscene, than I´ll pause just to stay longer there lol

Thanks AZ, each replay of you campaigns is almost a whole new experience =D

Cheers and keep on Cheeky Breekin´ !

• Like 2