I made a mistake with my upload last night and broke it. It is now fixed. If you downloaded it before this message, my apologies. The Steam version is fixed, and I'm uploading the fixed version to my server (just takes a lot longer). If you prefer the non steam version it will be another 10 minutes. Thanks.

Ok both download options are fixed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey buddy, I'm finally getting around to trying this mission, but can't get it to load.  I'm pretty sure I have all the mods loaded (including Chernobyl Zone), but when I go to play the mission I get this error:

Shadow_Fall_Load_Error.jpg

Any ideas?

• Confused 1

LOL WTF?

Nothing in that error message is remotely related to Shadow Fall. Are you sure it's for my campaign? :drinking2:

OK, OK, so I've had a couple of margaritas...quit judging me man!

Clicked on wrong mission...couldn't find your bloody mission until I realized you hid it under campaigns to make it difficult for me.

I'm gonna a pound a few more drinks and play this sucker, and comment here every 5 minutes whilst playing, to capture all my tequila fueled impressions about it...stay tuned.

Impressive opening graphics, dramatic music, and diffuse shots...this is gonna be good...

• Thanks 1

Whew, glad I'm not the only one. I had a root canal on top of an old root canal yesterday, damn tooth hurts like crazy when I try eating so I've been downing whiskey tonight.

And you probably know by now, but the "SentCovering" popup error is RHS mod caused by the last BI patch. Why Bohemia had to put it into a popup is beyond understanding.

1 minute ago, AZCoder said:

Whew, glad I'm not the only one. I had a root canal on top of an old root canal yesterday, damn tooth hurts like crazy when I try eating so I've been downing whiskey tonight.

That ain't no fun bro.   I mixed wine and vicodin at my local bar/restaurant once after a root canal, thought I was fine until bill came and I paniced because I could do no math and needed to get home pronto.  Gave the hugest tip ever and split.  Still a big joke between me and that bartender.  You still got numb lips so everyhing you drink dribbles down your face?

Quit bothering me man, I got to find a doctor, as only a doctor can heal my leg.

It's true, no magic med kits here.

I was drooling last night, now it's just hitting the ceiling when I eat.

Man, this campaign is really good.  Cutscenes are awesome.  Voice acting really good.  Good and interesting music choices depending on what is going on.  Really enjoying the plot, and not knowing where its going.

Mission 1:

Spoiler
  • Cool beginning, with cool/fun dialogue "what happened", "where's my gun", etc.
  • Took me awhile to find doctor.  For some reason didn't see medical flag, lol.   I was all "maybe he's in the house with the chimney smoke".   Plus limping after civs that can walk faster than you was fun (trying to catch them to ask a question).  Cool that civs gave directional hints when asked about doctor.
  • I trust this doctor way more than the Tanoan Dr. Sanjay.
  • Beer stein task icon!  Where'd you get that?  Enjoyed pounding a couple of Pivos til the suits showed up.  Love the bar.  Why don't Arma 3 vanilla maps have bars and beers?  That pisses me off.
  • Problem:  Found shipment in Pusta, but got killed.   Saw a Team switch option, so switched to another unit, thinking if this option was available, then maybe main character was revivable or something.  Killed bad guys, and mission 1 end dialogue kicked in, but was in body of alternate unit, and still in Pusta.  Heard all the dialogue and given choice, but since main character not alive and I could not see the scene that was taking place (still standing in Pusta), so I could not take the choice action (i.e., shoot).  So no choice became a choice after all, and we let Pavel slide, and mission ended.  Will replay to see this scene.
  • Note:  This mission is put to bed, so I don't expect you do anything about the problem...gotta move on.   Gambit Royale!

MIssion 2:

Spoiler
  • Laughed out loud at camera shot after dad sez "no horseplay with my truck".  Right up my alley.
  • Awesome extended cut scene.   Must have been a hell of alot of work to achieve that.
  • That's all so far.  Time for a glass of vino.

• Thanks 1

Wow, I didn't know you could team switch in this campaign. Hmmmm.

And I found the beer online, converted it into a mission task. Because it needed to be in the game! I actually had planned a more role-playing mission, but it grew big so fast that I gave up on that part. Also, if you read the hints at start, there was an ATV on top of the dam right behind you, you can cut off civs and talk to them quite easily and avoid most of the limping.

Just wait til you get to the missions with the jboy dogs. You'll hate those dogs ... unless you manage to avoid them.

Mission 2 was big fun!

Spoiler
  • I keep noticing great details like sound fx in cutscenes (cars arriving, ratchet tool, etc.), jet over flight, etc.  Very cool.
  • Good firefight at diversion.
  • Enjoyed airstrike on trucks.
  • Optional tasks are cool.  These are long missions.  Getting lots of bang for my buck.
  • Lots of ambient traffic making Chernarus feel alive.

Barely started Mission 3:

Spoiler
  • Porto and pirate patches!  Yay.  I remember Porto well, as I spent a lot of trigger time there with a buddy of mine on a mission I never published.  Really looking forward to this.  A lot of variety in this campaign.

Off to sleep now.

p.s.  I also get this error popping up in the missions occasionally.  I think it happens when shooting starts.

Shadow_Fall_Sent_Covering_Error.jpg

I'm guessing its a mod problem, not a mission problem.  Not bothering me really.

Yeah I mentioned that error to you above :thumb_down:   I know I know, too much fun last night.

But thanks for reporting.

And thanks for noticing those details. I figure if I have to play each mission 100 times during development, might as well keep myself entertained.

2 other details you may have missed:

1) visit Pyotr's house in that mission, keeping in mind how the cut scene ended

2) another house has the noise of me practicing guitar -- it's supposed to be Pyotr's riff from when he was a teenager

11 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Mission 2 was big fun!

Reveal hidden contents
  • I keep noticing great details like sound fx in cutscenes (cars arriving, ratchet tool, etc.), jet over flight, etc.  Very cool.
  • Good firefight at diversion.
  • Enjoyed airstrike on trucks.
  • Optional tasks are cool.  These are long missions.  Getting lots of bang for my buck.
  • Lots of ambient traffic making Chernarus feel alive.

Barely started Mission 3:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Porto and pirate patches!  Yay.  I remember Porto well, as I spent a lot of trigger time there with a buddy of mine on a mission I never published.  Really looking forward to this.  A lot of variety in this campaign.

Off to sleep now.

p.s.  I also get this error popping up in the missions occasionally.  I think it happens when shooting starts.

Shadow_Fall_Sent_Covering_Error.jpg

I'm guessing its a mod problem, not a mission problem.  Not bothering me really.

Pirates of Porto:  Favorite mission so far.  Very fun action and CQB.  Plus I dig pirates.

Spoiler
  • After blowing the cache, thought it would be a safe stroll to exfil.  Not.
  • Cool how other teams are in firefights and blowing shit up while my team approaches town.  Makes it alive and you feel a part of something bigger.
  • Lost 2 of my boys, but not my buddy Anatoli!  I earned my pirate patch.
  • This would be a great standalone coop mission IMO.
  • Next time you do a mission  like this consider JBOY_Longboat for pirate assault boats, and JBOY Fall From Vehicles so guys on sides of assault boats fall out when killed.  I also have that Somali pirate flag you noted in the Last Tango mission (and featured in Property of Mabunga).  Its the official Somali flag colors with skull and crossed AKs.  Since you like pirates, give Property of Mabunga a run some time if you haven't already.  Best played solo under MP, or COOP with a few friends.

You've put so much work into this, and it shows.  Thanks for the great entertainment.

My progress will slow now, as I'm going to be busy again.  Nice to have some play time and time off mission building (I couldn't face the Editor for a few weeks, too burnt).

• Like 1

Glad you liked it. That mission originated out of a test mission that I jokingly called Pirates of Porto ... because pirates are cool ... then I'm like hey! I should put that in the campaign! And it gave me a good reason for the pirate patch which becomes part of your uniform (it's demoralizing to the enemy ... yeah, that's the idea). The longboats are great, maybe in the 3rd campaign, it will be much more aquatic. Gambit is mostly desert.

BTW, a Porto Pirate fired an RPG at me, which was great.  I don't think I've ever seen vanilla Arma 3 AI fire on a foot soldier.  Was that you scripting?  Or one of the Mods?

Wish I could take credit for that. I think AI just love old skool Russian RPG's.

• Like 1

Most people probably don't know that there is a pdf guide included with the campaign, especially if you get the Steam version because it's buried in there. I am now providing an online link to the guide for anyone interested in it. Provides hints to the missions and some background info.

Shadow Fall PDF Guide

• Like 1

Holy crap, the Chernobyl mission is a masterpiece!

Spoiler
  • Amazing mission and an amazing map.
  • The little girl voice made my hair stand on end every time.  Was that from FEAR?  It creeped me out then, and totally creeped me out now.
  • AI chatter in the dark nearby was another fear inducing factor.
  • For the escape, my team was dead, and I only had 23 rounds in my AK with light, plus 2 Zubr clips and 5 incindiery grenades.  It was so freaking hard.  I hate JBOY dogs!
  • One minor complaint:  AI can see in the dark and I can't.  Would've appreciated if they were using flashlights.
  • Opening cut scene for Red Hammer also exceptional.  Your careful music choices for each scene and mission are really good.  This is one hell of a campaign.  Will play Red Hammer another day.  Must sleep.
  • Enjoyed the assasination mission also.  My cover was blown near the barn so I had to Arnold Schwarzenegger the entire mission.  Luckily the target came to me and I capped him.  Blew the barn.  Hopped the jeep with MG thinking I could roll thru the wire behind the barn, but it got stuck.  So had to go back to the entrance (towards enemy). Grabbed the ATV and had a paniced squirrely zigzag run thru town (under fire) and crashed it.  Commandeered another car and got the hell out of dodge.  Another exciting mission.

I'm super impressed with the whole package dude.

• Thanks 1

I haven't played it since 1.5 was released (September?), but the team leaders had working flashlights on their rifles. Maybe that's not enough flash lights, or maybe they stopped working. I will be replaying it next month and probably releasing a minor update with a few things added or changed or fixed.

I just released version 1.51. The most notable changes: those quiet civilians in the first mission are now voiced! Since the sentences are dynamically constructed, it was something I was never going to do, but then I decided to give it a go and it seems to work ok. Another change is forcing doors back open. One of the CUP Terrain updates gave us working hangar doors, which is great, but then they closed all the hangars on start! And barn doors too. So I found the relevant buildings and hangars that should be open, and I forced them open! I added Haz's notification system as seen in Gambit Royale. I added @GEORGE FLOROS GR's Apocolypse theme to the final mission. I fixed a number of bugs such as Mi-24s that decided to plunge their nosewheel into the ground (again).

• Like 4

Version 1.53 has been released in order to fix a persistent on-screen error. Also made a few tweaks in a couple spots and added a dialog option to the dark Chernobyl mission that allows you to disable the spooky sounds. While the sounds are meant to represent the player's character starting to lose his mind, some players find it a bit too ... disturbing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

While the sounds are meant to represent the player's character starting to lose his mind, some players find it a bit too ... disturbing.

That part had my hair literally standing up.  Great mission.

• Thanks 1

Version 1.53.1 has now been released. There was a bug with the new dialog box in the dark Chernobyl mission where it wouldn't fire right after the briefing. Added a minor delay and it seems to work. Also made a few more fixes, added new dance moves that I discovered (mission 1 and intro to 2), removed some grass and plants that I swear did not exist before, got rid of the stupid ramps at the Pripyat stadium that I had placed to fix AI nav problems, but now we have the hide terrain logics and I just happened to remember that during the cleanup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's under Environment (I think) and you just put it down where you want to hide something. You can open the logic and change the type of objects to hide, and transformation to change shape/size of the logic. Sometimes you have to move it around until it "finds" the object on the Eden editor.

Don't forget to use its neighboring 'edit' logic for causing damage or opening/closing doors on buildings. This became a godsend after the CUP team decided to close all hangar doors by default......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1