Someone else reported it as well, and I will be looking into it today or tomorrow as time permits.

@spotter001 - is it actually crashing the game, or just taking way too long to load? Anything you can tell me about where you were in a mission when it happens? I have not yet reproduced it and have never had the problem. Nonetheless, it was reported elsewhere, I just need a little help tracking it down :(

Ok, here's the thing. It does not actually CTD the game, however, it gets into "Arma3 is not responding" state. The loading bar comes to an end and then the game freezes. For me it happens every time i try to load a savegame. I suspect it is not the campaign's fault but rather something wrong with my addons. However, it played other scenarios without problems before. I remember someone said long ago that such problems at save load times were related to ACE mod....

@spotter001 - Did you try it without ACE mod? You only need CBA3, not ACE for the campaign.

I am trying really hard to figure out the eternal loading problem. I cannot replicate it myself, which leads me to believe it's most likely mod related. I saw the crash log from one beta tester and he was running 1.62 instead of 1.64. Not sure if that would matter. If this happens to anyone, please send me log data, and/or verify addons are correct with latest versions. Log data can go into spoiler tags, or PM me please.

Hey buddy, just to give some feedback, it works normally for me now. I just updated my CBA mod and it now works.

Finished 1st mission, was entertaining. Ah, man, good old Pusta, Chernarus. Almost forgot all those names ;)

That's great news. I had a few others report this problem, glad yours just needed CBA updated!

Version 1.1 was released. Changelog is in the first post. I tried to lighten the initial load in the first mission when the campaign starts, just in case that is a factor in the campaign not loading for some. Otherwise it is mostly minor fixes, including a rating problem in the 2nd mission when destroying vehicles. Is there any purpose in the game giving you -1000 rating per empty vehicle destroyed? I think in Arma 2 that an empty vehicle would retain the faction of whichever side owned it, but in Arma 3 a vehicle immediately "joins" side civilian when it is empty, thus having a -1000 value on destruction. Anyway I took that into account in mission 2.

• Like 1

Hi AZ,

It think BIS updated to 1.66?

Hope this is not a game breaker for the campaign 
Looking forward to the next one.

I haven't found any issues so far, although I am mostly working on a port of Hoc Est Bellum right now. That will be out soon.

• Like 1

Version 1.2 was released yesterday (see first post). Most important change is an evil bug that would flip the player in the opposite direction of the enemy caused by an "old" AI script of mine that was supposed to alert nearby enemy units to the player's location, but somehow it started picking up the player too. So that code is fixed and improved.

In second mission, I can't drive with a car. I can get in to it, turn engine on, but I can't drive.

Did I miss something?

@kromka  Is there a specific car? Any car? Something to help me look into it? That's not expected behavior.

@AZCoder

Sorry for late answer. My mistake: it was first mission. After conversation with some former leader in storage you need to enter the vehicle (there are some of my squad members already) and go to Pusta.

Hovewer I met this bug once. Afer reload mission from the autosave, everything gone allright and I could drive with the car as it was expected.

Regards.

• Like 1

On 16. 12. 2016 at 0:22 AM, kromka said:

@AZCoder

Sorry for late answer. My mistake: it was first mission. After conversation with some former leader in storage you need to enter the vehicle (there are some of my squad members already) and go to Pusta.

Hovewer I met this bug once. Afer reload mission from the autosave, everything gone allright and I could drive with the car as it was expected.

Regards.

I have encountered this bug too. You can turn wheels, etc., but you cannot drive off.

After reloading the mission, everything works fine. I suppose that the bug was caused because I have ordered Anatoli to embark the car, then embarked myself. If I with my character embark at first, and then let embark Anatoli, I can drive off normally.

AZCoder, you did a great job there! At first, I was little discouraged by the size of dependencies, but I see now that they all were needed for the content.

I highly recommend this campaign to everyone!

• Like 1

I wanted to mention a couple items related to addon updates. CUP Terrains v1.30 moved cwa objects into a separate CWA addon (CWR Maps on this page http://cup-arma3.org/download). If you use the Complete terrains, you're fine, otherwise you need Core, Terrains, and CWR.

The other addon is Chernobyl Zone. There's one area of the map that had major additions to it. This area is not in the direct area of the mission, but I did place enemy forces there when it was an open field. So... it doesn't hurt the mission, but eventually I will update it.

• Like 1

I am currently beta testing the next release: Shadow Fall Special Edition. I will post the full changelog whenever it gets released, but one of the major changes is the added requirement of Project OPFOR. This allows for more accurate use of uniforms in several missions, plus some new resources. I've incorporated a full rewritten version of my ambient civilians and vehicles script modules, which are always available on my GitHub as well. I found a few bugs caused by Arma 3 updates over the past several months, including "Error in expression <if(_value >= 0)then{[_this,[['Number', cDecals4Car>" which was caused by a change in data types from what the RHS function expected. The fix was basically to change/no-change every single RHS unit in every mission that caused this error, which believe me took a long time. Also fixed a problem with sound being hard to hear ... it seems that a recent Arma update has made sound attenuation a LOT higher, so the range you can hear sound is a lot smaller. I am now using playSound3D because it has a volume option. Additionally I added "personal diary" entries to each mission which changes based on your reputation earned throughout the campaign. Did some major alteration of mission location and/or flow in the first mission, and the Chernobyl missions. And lots of other things, just highlighting a few.

Also did you know that snakes can open building doors? I was testing something on an empty map and was shocked to see a warehouse door open. I ran over and saw a snake that then magically opened another door and slithered outside. Sadly, the human AI will still walk through doors.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AZCoder said:

Also did you know that snakes can open building doors? I was testing something on an empty map and was shocked to see a warehouse door open. I ran over and saw a snake that then magically opened another door and slithered outside. Sadly, the human AI will still walk through doors.

I have kept snakes for 15 years...I can confirm they can escape from any container whenever they want. So to learn they can open doors does not surprise me in any way.

• Like 2

@AZCoder I just wanted to say this is one of the most special campaigns I have ever played in A3. Thanks a lot for it and I'm excited to see what you have in store in the future. I cannot praise the brilliance of Shadow Fall enough. I've been raving about it randomly on Reddit so it's only fair I say the same here. :) Great job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@AZCoder I just wanted to say this is one of the most special campaigns I have ever played in A3. Thanks a lot for it and I'm excited to see what you have in store in the future. I cannot praise the brilliance of Shadow Fall enough. I've been raving about it randomly on Reddit so it's only fair I say the same here. :) Great job.

I truly appreciate that, very motivating to hear believe me.

I am trying to resolve some bugs, one is a high sound attenuation problem that makes dialog hard to hear.

The follow on campaign, Gambit Royale, is about 2/3 done.

• Like 2

I have accepted a new job up in the Seattle area and will be spending the next couple weeks moving. I had hoped to finish this major update first, but it hasn't passed beta test yet. I'm thinking it could be 3 or 4 weeks before I get this released, just letting you know I will get it out when I can. Thanks.

• Like 5

Hey everyone, I am back. I'm mostly settled in and back to testing Shadow Fall SE. One of the major problems I have run into is that the "say" command has become rather weak since around 2 patches ago. I'm running into low volume sound problems all over the place. I have converted several conversations from say to kbTell style which does work better. Some of the sounds are not conversation related and simply hard to hear, so I'm still working on that. And it's not the source ogg files, they are perfectly loud! At this point the first 5 missions are fairly solid, and I'm still cleaning up these issues on the last 3. I'm aiming for the weekend of the 14th for the SE release.

• Like 6

Almost there. There's one annoying popup error in the last mission that started with the latest RHS update, I'm trying to track the cause down. And a few very minor fixes, like an ammo crate with SVD ammo but no Dragunov, silly things like that. Also I'm working on getting a Russian translation. Not sure if I will delay on that, there's a lot of dialog to translate.

• Like 3

OK I got it working. Here is the new trailer. I plan to release tomorrow (Sunday).

• Like 1

Version 1.5 Special Edition is now released (see the first post please). Special thanks to Castet for the massive translation of everything into Russian, and to Taurus4K for letting me include ASCZ_Heads which gives certain NPCs a more distinctive look now. There's a massive changelog in the first post if you care to read it, and as before, an updated PDF guide that includes hints on each mission. I also added background info on the missions to explain why things were done, etc.