Are there any updates on this awesome mod? I am thinking it's dead like all the other great mods that have been teased and then closed.

Any news on this would be great. Cheers.

It is impolite and against forum rules to ask for updates.

You can be certain "when it is done"

• Like 1

No, no ,no sorry it's not ready yet!!! 

Hello guys, just want to let you know that the mod is'nt dead. In the really little spare time i made some progress with the config files from Bad Benson.

I got some problems with masking out some bones for the head gesture animations. But i see light @ the end of the tunnel :)

Can i ask you for some more waiting or must you see a psychiatrist than? :f: Hopefully not!

Later more...

B@Co

• Like 11

22 hours ago, Epochalypse Now said:

Are there any updates on this awesome mod? I am thinking it's dead like all the other great mods that have been teased and then closed.

Any news on this would be great. Cheers.

Hi...If you had read even a couple of posts above your own, you would see me telling another new member that 1-asking for updates is against the forum rules, and 2-the mod is working well but not released yet.

B@Co- Take your time mate. I took the fishies out for a swim yesterday-everything seems to still be working fine.

• Like 4

So will there be things made in this that will work with underwater missions like mines or some sort of complications? (besides sea creatures) Also did you see the pirates of the Caribbean trailer? if you haven't check it out it has some cool looking sharks that would be epic to see 

Did a little thread clean up due to a lot of offtopic posting.

• Like 1

Awesome. Hahaha, should just secretly sell it to BI when its finished and have them secretly sneak it into next update. Anyone swimming would be in for a terrifying surprise. XP

• Like 7

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Awesome. Hahaha, should just secretly sell it to BI when its finished and have them secretly sneak it into next update. Anyone swimming would be in for a terrifying surprise. XP

Insanely good idea. Thats the stuff of nightmares and a never forgotten  game experience - which is pretty hard to do in today's homogenized gaming world.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, General Bacon 965 said:

this isnt the feints shark mod thats on the workshop right? they dont look the same but not too sure

No - this is a  different mod.No ai system yet. But (in my opinion) much better models than in the other mod.

Holy crap thanks for the Feint Sharks link I didnt know it existed. The best part is Arma 3's water tech as the sharks are barely visible from the surface -just aqua blue distorted silhouettes. The more Sharks the better and def looking forward to some Great Whites as well.

Dude it is still WIP so let's just wait and see shall we?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 6:13 AM, General Bacon 965 said:

@ineptaphid no ai system? does that mean the fishsharks dont move on their own? and do you test several mods? ive seen you on a few forum posts for wip mods

They do move-they have nice swimming  and biting animations, some of which are really well done. The sharks eyes roll over white as they bite-just like real sharks, and they leap out of the water. I have an old video of testing the movement. I'll post it here.

And yes, I test a few different mods here and there if someone asks me to.

Eyes rolling white- 5Qq7WpV.jpg

• Like 7

Holy shit this looks so good. Feint's mod is nice but the models aren't super detailed and the animations are a bit off (looks like they are sliding rather than swimming sometimes for example). This is something else entirely, very exciting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kalstoon said:

Holy shit this looks so good. Feint's mod is nice but the models aren't super detailed and the animations are a bit off (looks like they are sliding rather than swimming sometimes for example). This is something else entirely, very exciting.

B@Co really has done amazing work. The models are top notch, and the animations are really fluid as well. When the ai is added these guys will be truly terrifying.

YZHS4oQ.jpg

• Like 8

If the mod should be ready to release in september, you should rebrand it as "Jaws of War". :D

• Like 4

If this isn't ART, im not an ape !

I was searching for some Bears or Elks to add in arma, and what surprise is that work.

At this state, it's already awsome to see that in the Arma engine.

Some questions bumping my head right now. As i haven't read all post (but most of them) forgive me if my questions are out-dated or already answered...

I've read that you plan to give him a state of unit more than animal, that seems to be, i agree, totally necessary.
But, did you think to manage sharkmod-side, the behaviour, or state, of the human AI, faces to shark.
I mean, i dive between island with some armed AI grouped to me, and they see the shark.

If he have already the Enemy state, i will to have to deal with the non-fire/fire orders.
If i miss the order, the shark who was maybe following his way as pacifist as a Banana tree, will be engaged at sight.
So, maybe have you think about a sort of "dynamic" state managing.
Shark is civi, and go enemy when engaging the prey ? (Addrating use or something else)

Or did you think to let player's managed this like the usual way of "As I lead a group of retarded, I manage who gonna piss and who will hold her to him" ?
That's an understandable choice from a modder.

( hope i've hurting nobody with this sentence...)

Secondly, im aware that you have spend a lot of hour searching animal-mod in arma, but there is a combo of 3 things i see, and i need to share my tought...

I've see a post of ineptaphid (if im right remembering) speaking about blood particule in water.
Speaking about this mod by Charon i think :

There is the blood, and the fact that crocodile keep the body attached to mouth, that is great...
But keeping blood idea for the next.

If a player is in a damaged state, i will have apparent blood on his body, that can be scripted for execute the blood trail.
So a player hurted by a bullet, or zombie (yeah Aleks, i like your mod) gone in water for escape something, or join an island...
at this moment,

there is another stuff that pop in my head, from Rydygier :

Spoiler

Sneaky Hunter AI
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23545

"[...]Smell helps to follow not visible Prey by its trail[...]"

So, with your leveled hungry state of a shark,
A big one who haven't eat banana since some day's will smell blood at some click from here,
and decide to take the direction of the prey....
Us.

Spoiler

There is what my imagination have construct today,
Maybe did you have already think, search, and take some decision about this sort of idea,

So, if it's the case,

Just a BIG congratulation for this mod !

Hi all, here a small update. Feint gave me permission to use the scripts from his addon "Sharks - Apex Species". You can find his mod in the Steam workshop.

Now find some time to integrate it :dozingoff:

Hopefully there will be an release soon :f:

Greetings B@Co

• Like 12

Hello all, here some screens from a test session.

A56550865708BF6CF64301D9AD1D08102DD99C44

• Like 5