Sign in to follow this  
oscar19681

question on how to make mission fail when a civilian is killed & how to make a task to bring civilian into trigger area and succed mission.

Hi there folks.

I,m currently workin on some missions based on the 1993 Electronic arts game val Seal Team. I,m using the Unsung mod to do this.

Basicly your seal team has to snatch a vc tax collecter and blow up a weapons cache and bring in the VC tax collector back to base to complete the mission.

I got the ammo caches part covered and have been able to make the vc tax collector join my group (by making him a civilian)

But i get get my head around 2 little things to wrap it up. I want it so that if the tax collector gets killed that you fail the mission.

Also i made a objective that you have to bring him into a base to finish the mission succesfully.

So basicly how do i set it up that when the civilian dies you fail the mission?

And how do i tie in the the task that when i bring in the civilian make the objective complete and finish the mission succesfully?

Give the civilian a variable name, I'll use taxcollector as an example.

Create a trigger, in the trigger's condition field write !alive taxcollector. In the On Activation field use the BIS_fnc_endMission function to fail the mission.

For the successful portion, create an area trigger. Set the trigger owner to the civilian unit (right click the trigger, select set trigger owner, drag the line to the unit and left click). Set the trigger conditions for Vehicle Present. Leave the conditions field set to this. In the On Activation field use the BIS_fnc_endMission function to complete the mission successfully.

Give the civilian a variable name, I'll use taxcollector as an example.

Create a trigger, in the trigger's condition field write !alive taxcollector. In the On Activation field use the BIS_fnc_endMission function to fail the mission.

For the successful portion, create an area trigger. Set the trigger owner to the civilian unit (right click the trigger, select set trigger owner, drag the line to the unit and left click). Set the trigger conditions for Vehicle Present. Leave the conditions field set to this. In the On Activation field use the BIS_fnc_endMission function to complete the mission successfully.

First of all thanks for helping out.

Tried out the missionfail on the taxcollector? (he,s calles Tax1 in my editor) but when i waste him nothing happens when i pop the gook.

I also get a error message in the editor that says error alive:type group expected object.