Im having issues with things showing up in the Arsenal, they show up when spawning in editor but things like the smart gun are gone when in arsenal.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 0:00 PM, Defilerhxc said:

Im having issues with things showing up in the Arsenal, they show up when spawning in editor but things like the smart gun are gone when in arsenal.

True.

Otherwise, everything is good.

I was thinking maybe you could port some of the stuff from A:CM?

On 05/10/2017 at 2:53 AM, Echo4890 said:

I was thinking maybe you could port some of the stuff from A:CM?

Not something you want to do, unless you want to get banned and the BIS legal team involved...

You can't port stuff? That's a bummer. I've seen other mods and games port stuff, but I guess FOX might have a problem like they did with Alien 5.

From what I understand, depending on the copyrights, modders can create stuff from scratch.

Ripping stuff from other games is not allowed. Modders can’t port stuff over.

• Like 2

Can you port stuff and then 'tweak' it so its no longer exactly the same?

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

That would be kinda like can you steal a car and switch plates and bumper sticker so its not the same car anymore. I would say no.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Echo4890 said:

You can't port stuff? That's a bummer. I've seen other mods and games port stuff, but I guess FOX might have a problem like they did with Alien 5.

That's a rule you need to learn well if you plan on being a member of this forum :)

@EDcase No, you can;t "tweak" assets from other games either. 

It's really simple guys and girls- you can't use stuff made by other game developers. Full stop. Not partial, or tweaked or changed or anything.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, EDcase said:

Are you serious? 

You children need to learn what COPYRIGHT means.  I've made a few mods myself and as a modder I would be extremely pissed if my content made it "somewhere else" w/o my blessings.  Hell, the fucking "life" modders rip all sorts of content from people, make money on it, and never share back.  To the point BIS has finally started getting involved.  I'm all for capitalism, but it chaps my ass and makes me want to quit modding if people are profiting from my work - hours and hours of it - w/o even so much as a kickback.  That's just stealing, plain and simple.  To the point where if that were to happen with one of my mods, I would make a few phone calls to some lawyers to seek legal counsel.  It has driven others away from modding this game.

So.  "NO".  IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. That should be the end of the discussion.

Now to the point.  There are no Aliens models available - anywhere - that aren't extracted from one of the Aliens games.  OR are someone's first attempt at a 3D model project and low poly count.  None.  Nada.  Zip.  All of the publicly available models anywhere can be traced back to a game.  And by fiat back to Fox.

There is a reason you don't see that many "non-human" mods for this game.  Halo aliens?  Other "non-human" monsters?  Any at all?  I can count on one finger how many non-human mods are available today.  Can't think of any others offhand...

Turbosquid has a few things but I am unwilling to pay money for a model that will be used in a FREE MOD.  Seems contradictory to the spirit of modding to buy models then put them into a free mod based on a pre-existing franchise.  Now if I were making a new game from scratch that would be another story, but then again no one can touch pre-existing franchises.