You mean Ruppertle ! h He's a hero of the Arma Mod world, hopefully he could help out in some way! Bad Benson does the Modules routines and effects for them so im sure he could help too!

Edited by Defilerhxc

This is the color selection (for now) for the dropship... the grey is looking good, the "camo" pattern, not so much.  Doubt I'll do a camo pattern at this point.

Dropship_Test_Colors.jpg

• Like 4

G'day Hcpookie,

Your dropships are looking great. Did you manage to fix the issue with the apc and the dropship ramp?

12 hours ago, hcpookie said:

This is the color selection (for now) for the dropship... the grey is looking good, the "camo" pattern, not so much.  Doubt I'll do a camo pattern at this point.

How about a black version?

You dont really need a camo Patern for them. Looking great as is, the far left is my personal favorite, Cant wait to see these bad boys with the textures on! Going well so far!

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

How about a black version?

Yeah let me look into that!

Here we go.  That is "really dark grey" because the all-black just looks strange, as if it is washing out the detail.  Another camo attempt - meh...

Dropship_Test_Colors2.jpg

Since my buldozer is broken (worked before!!!!) I cannot do much more editing of the cockpit, etc. to place gauges and such.  Starting to wonder if Blender would be a better choice at present.  The issue is I get a blank screen in buldozer (at least, no 3D model) as described here:

• Like 3

Progress in spite of broken tools...

Decided to make the Colonial Marines "BLUFOR" and their INDEPENDENT counterparts will be "Weyland-Yutani Operatives" (naming based on info from Alien 3).  This way there are at least two different factions to work with.  I haven't seen the need for an OPFOR faction because the vanilla Arma3 bug-eyed future-soldiers will do fine :)

Also - APC getting different fruit flavors.

APCcolors.jpg

• Like 3

the apc is looking great! should feel proud! as for OPFOR i am having a look through a few Modder communities to see if i can get the ball rolling on a Possible Xenomorph

• Like 1

The cockpit is about as complete as I care to make it... several PIP screens which are functional.

dropship_Cockpit1.jpg

I can't make the gunner's head hold still, as it does in the APC's with the remote turrets.  It is something with the inheritance from Plane vs. APC because the same config that makes the gunner head hold still and still let the turret move around isn't working properly.  So once I figure that out and get a good dropship sound, it should be ready to play.

dropship_Cockpit2.jpg

I did get the flame thrower to work with a nice flame effect:

flamer.jpg

• Like 5

Wow coming along great! You have come so far in a short amount of time! very excited about this project!

Iv still had no luck recruiting someone for a xenomorph im afraid but i will not give up so easily!

I don't think the model is necessarily the problem. Configuration and animation are the deciding factors. It's a fairly involved, time consuming process. Even with a well made rig.

Still. If a suitable model was found or created, I'd be willing to at least rig it. The only potential downside is that it would be done with Blender. Not a downside for me obviously. But I know there's quite a few people who simply don't like it. :smile_o:

• Like 1

I managed to get the gunner's head to hold still!  "usePip = 1" does the trick.

Sounds for the drop ship engines are proving tedious.  The looping behavior of Arma makes it sound too repetitive so I'm trying to improve it.

Its pretty unlikely any xenomorph model will be developed any time soon.  Will have to build it from scratch.  Would be nice to find a free one that was NOT ripped from elsewhere. 

More dropship fun - missile bays properly expending rounds.  "you could fry half a city with these babies"

dropship_Firing1.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good! If you have any questions about refs or anything, let me know!

On 1/28/2017 at 2:36 PM, Macser said:

I don't think the model is necessarily the problem. Configuration and animation are the deciding factors. It's a fairly involved, time consuming process. Even with a well made rig.

Still. If a suitable model was found or created, I'd be willing to at least rig it. The only potential downside is that it would be done with Blender. Not a downside for me obviously. But I know there's quite a few people who simply don't like it. :smile_o:

Iv seen a few models around for free that could be of use such as http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/puo-65112.html

I have no experience in this area at all but if theres anything i can do to help to create a working Xenomorph in arma 3 i will

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/acm-xenomorph-82530.html

https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/animals/other/xenomorph

If any of these are any good let me know, not entirely sure what im looking for?

If funding is required i can start saving or any reference needed il get hold of it.

3 minutes ago, Defilerhxc said:

Iv seen a few models around for free that could be of use such as http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/puo-65112.html

I have no experience in this area at all but if theres anything i can do to help to create a working Xenomorph in arma 3 i will

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/acm-xenomorph-82530.html

https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/animals/other/xenomorph

If any of these are any good let me know, not entirely sure what im looking for?

If funding is required i can start saving or any reference needed il get hold of it.

Be wary of using free models, as some are not always ok to use. As it has been found in the past these sort of websites may contain content ripped from other games.

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Be wary of using free models, as some are not always ok to use. As it has been found in the past these sort of websites may contain content ripped from other games.

roger that. well everyone here knows alot more than me so if i mess up with anything im sure you guys will guide me away

• Like 1

The uploader on tf3d, in particular, is prolific. Over 4000 finished models. With little or no information about them, and very basic presentation. I know some people who can work fast. But not that fast, at that level.  Like the god of war stuff for example. Their origins are very obvious.

If it's free there's usually a catch.  :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Defilerhxc said:

If it gets funded would someone be willing to get it done then?

What do you mean?

22 hours ago, Defilerhxc said:

If a 3d Model is Paid for will someone be able to get it working in arma?

Maybe depends on the addon maker, as many would rather make the content themselves than buy an off the shelf model or pay for it to be made. Also the model would need to be of the right criteria so that it can be brought into Arma3. That is no easy task in itself.

• Like 1

Hey pookie thanks for this great mod.

Question I am trying to spectate while an ai flys to a waypoint and have the pods deploy but they dont work.

In the config I found this:

statement = "[this,1] execVM '\pook_aliens\scripts\pods.sqf'";

Not sure what to do with that so i tried this:

helo1 animate "flapsDown";

Still no luck, is there any way to have an ai deploy it or maybe using unit capture deploy pods without actually being the pilot and doing it yourself?

Thanks