Famousbasic13

Roads are not Showing in Buldozer and Arma 3

Hi there,

I am having some trouble with my roads.

I can no longer See them in buldozer (Yes I am using editor.sqs in 'scripts' folder)

and I can't see them in Arma 3 either. 

I do not know what has happend but yesterday I could see my roads in Buldozer perfectly fine however now (the day after) For some reason they just don't Appear?

Here is my Roads.lib: 

/*
1 - Main Road
2 - City Road
3 - Dirt Road
4 - Highway 
5 - Path
6 - City Road
7 - E76 Highway
8 - sentiero
9 - pista
*/

class RoadTypesLibrary
{
class Road0001
{
width = 12;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road.rvmat";
map	 = "road";
order=1;
};
class Road0002
{ 
width = 8;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_ca"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road.rvmat";
map	 = "road";
AIpathOffset = 2.5;
order=2;
};
class Road0003
{
width = 8;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road.rvmat";
map	 = "track";
AIpathOffset = 0;
order=3;
};
class Road0004
{
width = 12;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway.rvmat";
map	 = "main road";
AIpathOffset = 3;
order=4;
};
class Road0005
{
width = 5;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path.rvmat";
map	 = "track";
AIpathOffset = 0;	
order=5;
};
class Road0006
{
width = 10;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_end_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road.rvmat";
map	 = "track";
AIpathOffset = 2.5;
order=6;
};
class Road0007
{
width = 12;
mainStrTex	 = "a3\roads2\Data\asf1_dashedline_ca.paa"; // lowercase!
mainTerTex	 = "a3\roads2\Data\asf1_dashedline_ca.paa";
mainMat	 = "a3\roads2\Data\asf1_dashedline.rvmat";
map	 = "road";
AIpathOffset = 2.5;
order=7;
};
};

Here are some Screenshots (In case you need to check something)

https://gyazo.com/5a5da79580fac72f4e8d1a8768558231   - My Terrain Builder with Project Loaded

https://gyazo.com/0a12c500f0a49751fcc175545f2f71b0     - My P: Drive Directory

https://gyazo.com/deed7472caece8da14f2da91520e7582  - My Project Folder

Please Let me know if there is any other files / Information that you need!

Thank you very much!

Did you double check your config.cpp to make sure that line didn't get changed by accident?  Have you tried outputting your roads.lib from TB to get a fresh file?  Just some thoughts.

Did you double check your config.cpp to make sure that line didn't get changed by accident?  Have you tried outputting your roads.lib from TB to get a fresh file?  Just some thoughts.

Thanks for the reply!

I double checked my Config.cpp and it seems to be directed correctly: newRoadsShape = "\Jackson_County\data\roads\roads.shp";

I tried the Roads.lib from a fresh Altis Source File and have same problem..

Maybe they are spawning in but somewhere way off the map? I have heard of errors like this before but not sure how to fix them.. I double checked my Mapframe which is 200000 / 0 so should be ok but not sure. 

Thanks

My Problem has been fixed. 

How I fixed it?

Unfortunately this is unlucky if this error occurs after you have placed many roads as I had to delete my roads.shp layer and then create new layer, named it 'roads' and then had to start remaking the roads.

My Problem has been fixed. 

How I fixed it?

Unfortunately this is unlucky if this error occurs after you have placed many roads as I had to delete my roads.shp layer and then create new layer, named it 'roads' and then had to start remaking the roads.

Maybe you could have imported the roads.shp into global mapper, then exported from that and back into TB.

I've found with Terrain Processor sometimes it won't flatten some roads or fill some shapes with tree's etc. But If I import the shape file into Global Mapper then export as shapefile from that, Terrain Processor with process it fine.

Interesting.  Thanks for posting how you fixed your problem.

No Problem, Thanks for trying to help!

Maybe you could have imported the roads.shp into global mapper, then exported from that and back into TB.

I've found with Terrain Processor sometimes it won't flatten some roads or fill some shapes with tree's etc. But If I import the shape file into Global Mapper then export as shapefile from that, Terrain Processor with process it fine.

Possibly, What I also figured out was I just Simply replace my roads.shp with a week old backup so I only lost a few days of road works :)