Grombald

BLUFOR: Tropic Vehicle Textures

czw6UzK.jpg

Description:

This mod adds greenish textures to the pacific version of the NATO vehicles.

The base content is shown automatically on all Tanoa-vehicles. Mission makers will have to make sure their missions are using the right classnames. The additional content is only useable if included in the mission by the mission maker or somebody able of mission editing.

Base Content:

Exuvgtz.jpg

Tropic camo (based on FS 34086 "I.R. Dark Green") for the following vehicles and variants:
- Slammer
- Scorcher
- MLRS
- Panther
- Cheetah
- Marshall
- Hunter
- HEMTT

Additional content:

nuDwqa6.jpg
Tropic camo (based on FS 34086 "I.R. Dark Green") for the following vehicles and all variants and derivative vehicles, and new variants. Requires scripting to work (see included Readme):
- Stomper
- Marshall unarmed
- Strider
- Gorgon
- Gorgon unarmed

Download:
On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=770918686
Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31711

Requirements:

Apex DLC

Changelog:
- 1.0 inital release

Future features:
- Quadbike on which the textures are not applied for some reason
- Editor preview icons
- A better base color
- Dirt. All tropic vehicles will get a nice layer of dust and dirt once BIS decrypts the APEX-files, so I can get the average dirt-color.
- NATO Markings (the chevron etc) for all NATO vehicles, including the tan variants.
- Release of the templates for public use.

Known issues:
- The hull mounted smoke launchers of the Cheetah are tan, I have no idea why.
- Unarmed Marshall and Gorgon are having accessible commander seats. The commander seats seem not to be lockable.
- Roof hatch of the unarmed Marshall looks very flat. This is probably not really resolvable (for me).
- The Gorgon has some texture issues due to AAF-textures beeing shown in some parts. This is probably not resolvable. There are also NATO-markings from the Czech-Army DLC for ARMA2 from wich the model and texture templates BIS used are originating.
- The covered and open HEMTT are having tan beds. This is probably not resolvable.

z1dB0AR.jpg  4KOqdR0.jpg

Feedback is highly appreciated :)

• Like 7

So.... You think your mod will be successful starting your moddescription with insults? Just wondering....

• Like 2

Maybe not, I changed the description. Thanks for your advise.

• Like 1

Thanks for the new description :) By the way,you said  you wanted to upload pictures- the best way is to put them on imgur, then select the pic you want, press copy image and the paste it into the topic here.

• Like 1

I also do not understand why they did new camo for CSAT Pacific vehicles but not for Nato...so good idea doing this....BUT I also absolutely dislike such arrogant manners...

Thanks for the new description :) By the way,you said  you wanted to upload pictures- the best way is to put them on imgur, then select the pic you want, press copy image and the paste it into the topic here.

Thanks, I added some pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

Awesome, I've been waiting for something like this. Not sure why this wasn't included in Apex. Thanks!

Hey so just to clarify will this replace the Pacific Nato Vehicles or will it add these as a faction or extra textures. Regardless pretty cool! Glad someone did this!

Hey so just to clarify will this replace the Pacific Nato Vehicles or will it add these as a faction or extra textures. Regardless pretty cool! Glad someone did this!

Replaces, doesn't add new vehicles. When I used it anyway thats how it was. 

Also glad finally someone did this! Loving it so far keen for more updates

• Like 1

As xxgetbuck123 said, the base content replaces the textures on the pacific version of the vehicles. The additional content though are new vehicles and need to be added to the mission by the mission maker.