psrkallez06

How do i mod cfgvehicles? Driving me crazy..

So here is the deal, i wanna make a simple mod that changes the top speed of a boat, (Boat_Transport_02_base_F), but i have no idea how to access and actually change the maxspeed, i have found it in config viewer, but i have not much experience in creating my own mods, i have looked through a few tutorials but no one mentioned where cfgvehicles file is located. So how can i make a simple mod that changes the top speed? Thanks!!

a89d6d4436e5554494957ff925d8f38a.png

You need to access the config located in the boats file.  You will need to search the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\addons folder and find the PBO the boat is located in.  You will need to de PBO the file using eliteness and unrap the config.bin using the Unrap tool.  Its a part Mikeros Arma editing tools.  Just google it for the download link.  

Good Luck.

You need to access the config located in the boats file.  You will need to search the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\addons folder and find the PBO the boat is located in.  You will need to de PBO the file using eliteness and unrap the config.bin using the Unrap tool.  Its a part Mikeros Arma editing tools.  Just google it for the download link.  

Good Luck.

Thank you very much! Gonna check that out! :)

Good Luck.

Not sure if you're saying that he should edit and repack the vanilla game pbo, or just unpack it to have a look in the config so he can create his own patch?

If you mean repacking the vanilla pbo's: no. nooo nonononono. no. You don't edit the main game pbo's, ever. :D

psrkallez06:

Start here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

If you ask me, you are absolutely looking in the right direction when using the config viewer. After checking out the tutorial you can use the config viewer to find the values you want to tweak. Creating you first patch can be a bit daunting, but be sure to check other ppl's mods to see how it's done. Many mods are open-source and easy to check out on github.

• Like 2

Not sure if you're saying that he should edit and repack the vanilla game pbo, or just unpack it to have a look in the config so he can create his own patch?

If you mean repacking the vanilla pbo's: no. nooo nonononono. no. You don't edit the main game pbo's, ever. :D

psrkallez06:

Start here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

If you ask me, you are absolutely looking in the right direction when using the config viewer. After checking out the tutorial you can use the config viewer to find the values you want to tweak. Creating you first patch can be a bit daunting, but be sure to check other ppl's mods to see how it's done. Many mods are open-source and easy to check out on github.

Thank you very much! I made my first mod and it is working really god, i only changed the top speed but still hehe, Thanks!

• Like 1

I was wondering, how come almost every tutorial I've come across is about retexturing/modeling, I'm not really interested in that. I just want to modify values/configs of weapons/cars etc. Is there a tutorial that references to that? Thanks!

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the ghost hawk to allow players to open the doors and shot from the cargo seats. I'm able to get the doors to open by addAction on the initi in eden but I don't have any experience writing addons to do this. I've found the user actions and seat variable in the config viewer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.