Sign in to follow this  
-ami- mofo

BIS Apex Revive - Not be killed?

Hi,

Even with revive enabled players can still be killed if they take more than a bit of medium damage. Is there a way to stop them being killed so no matter how much damage they receive they just remain in the revive (incapacitated) state? At least till their timer runs out.

Thanks.

I think there is an option (Easy: Everytime no matter how much damage or how high the calibre is / Medium: only if player doesnt get hit by big calibre / Realistic: ....)

I went to game options and checked the reduce damage box but that didn't seem to make any difference.

2 shots from an SPMG and the player is killed. Don't see the point of having a revive system if players get killed so easily.

According to this page https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revivethe basic system should prevent the players from being killed. But as we know BIS, it's very possible that they released it in a broken state. In the second last dev changelog was this.

Tweaked: Damage model for the 'Basic' Revive settings was changed

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive#Basic

That will at least make sure noone dies instantly (according to the description). I haven't tested if it also stops people from getting killed in the incapacitated state (I don't think it does).

So if thats not enough, you could still fix it by using a handleDamage Eventhandler. Something like this should suffice:

player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{
	if (lifeState (_this select 0) == "INCAPACITATED") then {
	};
}];

Thanks guys. I set it to basic to begin with so that's the setting I've been using to no avail.

Tajin I tried your event handler below (all I did was copy and paste it into the init boxes of the playable units... that was the correct way to do it?) and it didn't make any difference. More than medium damage is instant killed or some more damage if you're lying there in revive mode and you also get killed.

Dunno what else to do really. I'm amazed BIS haven't got something that will just put you and keep you in revive mode until your alloted time runs out.

Can what you've done below be modified with something like this to give the desired effect?...

if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 1 && _isUnconscious == 0) then 
{
_unit setDamage 0;
_unit allowDamage false;
_amountOfDamage = 0;

I don't know scripting so I'm basically grasping at straws here lol.

So if thats not enough, you could still fix it by using a handleDamage Eventhandler. Something like this should suffice:

player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{
	if (lifeState (_this select 0) == "INCAPACITATED") then {
	};
}];