Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Alien Invasion Series?

I think if BI is going to do alien invasion stuff it should be as an expansion to Arma. Just add in some aliens, alien guns, alien vehicles and a quick campaign. Don't make it something big with new human weapons or terrain because then people will complain about splitting the fanbase and having to buy the expansion just for the weapons and terrain.

Add melee combat. Create a game in a medieval time.  :wub:

Ehh Kingdom come deliverance made by ex arma peeps...... Mount and blade banner lord...

I wasn't keen on the future setting. But it has not been to bad. Think Armas little trip into the future created a bigger hole for games like Squad to jump in amd capitalise . Personally would have kept Arma recent and left the termals for spec ops.

People calling for a old school war (WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War). It won't happen. Because most of the already done features like thermal, UAVs, sights, even personal armour will be out of place and become a work waste. For that reason they focus in the top tech equipment like actual prototypes but in a future setting in order to normalise his use. (May 2035 is to far and 2020-25 would have be better) because needs more professional work than for example a WW2 soldier (Character+re skin+old weapon). For that reason I only see that wars in mods and DLCs.

About Aliens. I liked a lot the concept of the film Earth invasion: Battle Los Angeles. But IMO corporations figthing for the control of a distant planet fit better ArmA gameplay:

https://youtu.be/ir5Pwk26v-8

While I would not be opposed to BI doing an Alien invasion style game, I do not think it should be Arma 4. I think it would be better kept totally separate to the Arma franchise. Arma has always had a clear goal-to be a light sim of relatively current military matter. I think that is it's main appeal to players and modders-recreating the military issues of the recent past or near future. 

A separate alien game though-that could be awesome and I definitely would buy it.

• Like 2

I feel like all that would happen is the community would use it to mod in all the equipment etc they wanted and use the engine.

It would be nice if they did it as a side gig (Maybe the new studio in Amsterdam did it?), but I think it'd be a shame if it was a primary focus.

Maybe BI and GW could contact each other and we would get a proper Warhammer 40k - ArmA Crossover.

It has futuristic stuff mixed with what looks like WWI/WWII tech and tactics and some fantasy elements.

A huge number of various factions, including [evil] [genetically engineered] humans, daemons, [evil] space elves, space orks, ancient robots, spacefaring bugs eating everything that gets in their way, japanese communists in space.

The main protagonist is a huge human Imperium which has been stagnating for the last 10000 years. The main antagonist would be the forces of Chaos, which consist of traitor humans and daemons.

There are already some great W40k mods since OFP, which proves that the setting is quite doable with ArmA gameplay. 

However mods are still limited by the base game. BI could make additions to their engine to allow working space combat for example or planet invasions.

And W40k setting would actually require working melee combat, since it is a very important aspect of the universe (giant power armored space marine crushing an ork head with a power hammer while chanting "FOR THE EMPRAH!!!").

A "Horus Heresy" setting which happens 10000 years prior to W40k would be also quite interesting IMO.

One can dream right?

• Like 1

I would like some aliens like the Strogg from the Quake series,basically some sort of recombinant race that we could still put up a fight.

Quake Wars:Enemy Territory or Q4 would be good inspirations and still keep a militaristic atmosphere.