Sign in to follow this  
fn_Quiksilver

1.64 bugs/issues

Hi minions, 

I don't feel like making a bunch of FT reports, so I'm just going to rattle them off here as I find them.

First of all, thanks for the patch, there are a number of cool things for players and modders alike, and feels like most of the Apex-related loose ends have been cleaned up.

1. Map markers (player-created) - Side + Global channel markers should be visible at all times.

2. Role Assignment players list - Listed Players count in Role Assignment menu is incorrect. Join any server with players to see the issue.

3. Zeus remote-controlled units - Zeus-controlled units which kill players report as the Zeus operator having killed the player (shot parents issue). I feel this shot parents thing should only affect UAV units, not all remote-controlled units (unitIsUAV). Is immersion breaking in operations/missions.

4. Virtual Arsenal error - Error in Virtual Arsenal initialization. BIS_fnc_arsenal. Line 920. Undefined variable in expression:   _display

5. Memory issue - The serious memory issue persists, dubbed the "2 FPS bug" by many. This needs some resources devoted to finding and fixing.

• Like 2

the thing with the markers is this...

if you disable the drawing on the map with this line in your server.cfg -> drawingInMap = 0;

it will also disable the ability to put markers on the map... also serverside...

another thing is putting statisticsEnabled = 0; in your server.cfg doesnt do anything on some servers while it works on some others... reliability = 0

it works on my testserver but not on my publicserver... where everything is equal in files and cfg etc

the thing with the markers is this...

if you disable the drawing on the map with this line in your server.cfg -> drawingInMap = 0;

it will also disable the ability to put markers on the map... also serverside...

That's not the issue he is on about. Yes what you describe is a big problem but what he is referring to is how player-created map markers are linked to VON channels. So if i create a marker in side channel I wont see it unless my VON is on side.

I agree having Global and Side always visible would be an improvement, but I would like to see it go further and have the ability to disable making markers in specific channels. EG: disable global chat for markers. (From what i can see this isnt a thing already?)

• Like 1

Since this last patch the loading time from launcher to main menu in game is much longer. No mods used.

Thanks in advance.

I did notice that while the 2FPS bug does still persist the actual time before it sets in seems to be much longer than before. I guess it takes longer now for the memory leak to be triggered..or it may just be me.

hello.
something about overall visibility has changed.
i got an editor mission where i placed objects at 2000m, 2500m and 3000m. always used 3200m overall visibility and 3100 object visibility. i was seeing evertything also object at 3000 meters in 1.62.
whitout change anything now in 1.64 cannot see objects and land after 2500m despite keeping this settings. its like the fog starts at 2000m to totally shade land and object around 2600m , despite being set to 3200m !

now in 1.64 to see decently clear at 3000m i have to set visibility at 4300m !!! total performance waste !