Hello everyone, I am formally announcing my next work in progress project: The Cirrus SR22. The model is courtesy of Helijah. Here's a link to his hangar for Flight Gear. 

The Cirrus SR22 is a single-engine five-seat composite aircraft built since 2001 by Cirrus Aircraft.

I've been working on this the last month and a half on the side, and I've come far enough with it that I feel it's time to share it.

Here are some in-game WIP screenshots of the SR22:

pwRSxOS.jpg

fm75YzD.jpg

j3JwdJC.jpg

FJ0wCGP.jpg

My current to do list is as follows:

-Animate instruments

-Fix the flight model

-Add the Shadow LOD

Possible additions, not of a high priority at the moment:

-Working GPS with Altis/Stratis/Tanoa maps

-Ballistic Recovery System (Emergency Parachute Recovery) (WIP!)

There's a few other things I'm working on, but not significant enough to list here. This aircraft is extremely similar to the Cessna TTx (The Caeser BTT as it's known in-game), therefore I would like to use sounds and hand animations, if BI ever releases the configs for APEX vehicles. If this is the case, expect APEX to be a requirement in the future.

I continue to work on this when I can, along with three other projects I have going simultaneously right now. Feed back is welcome  :)

• Like 7

I hope you will release it w/o the Apex requirement, it`s in Apex ,already.No need to get 2 of the same thing for those that own Apex.Anyway,it looks great!  If I would wish for something, I would want a way to make it a "half-busted" plane,w/o landing gear.To be able to place it as a wreck model of sorts.

Or a Autopilot,smoke generator for Skywriting/airshow work or such.Will be exiting to see what you can do with it.

I hope you will release it w/o the Apex requirement, it`s in Apex ,already.No need to get 2 of the same thing for those that own Apex.Anyway,it looks great!  If I would wish for something, I would want a way to make it a "half-busted" plane,w/o landing gear.To be able to place it as a wreck model of sorts.

Or a Autopilot,smoke generator for Skywriting/airshow work or such.Will be exiting to see what you can do with it.

Perhaps I'll do variants that do and don't require APEX. The sounds and animations fit the aircraft perfectly, thus is why I would want to use them.

If anyone is willing to make an autopilot script, I would love to include it. This aircraft is not used to aerobatics, as it is meant for civilian travel, like a Diamond Star Da40 or a Piper PA-28-161 Warrior. One thing that I have WIP that I'm making specifically for this aircraft, along with some of [Dust]Sabre's LSA aircraft is a Ballistic Recovery System, which is a parachute that can be deployed in an emergency that brings down the aircraft, with the intent to save the crew rather than the aircraft itself. Here's a link to the Wiki to understand it better. I have it 25% complete, as it's something that's of least importance to me, since I have some other not yet public projects in the works. And sure, I will add a place-able wreck. 

• Like 1