hydrobull3t

Arma 3 Sync repo setup help

Hello, Recently i have rented a server from Havoc Host company..

Seems I cannot manage to get stuff done with that repo :(..

Can some one explain me step by step how to do it? if to upload the mods somewhere..

Thanks.

Try this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152942-arma3sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-arma-3/

There's instructions in the wiki and ppl to ask there if there still are questions after reading it.1

1 question,

Should I do all the stuff on my website host or server host? both unlimited space (don't ask, got really lucky)..

And do I need to upload the mods where my repo will be?

Should I do all the stuff on my website host or server host? both unlimited space (don't ask, got really lucky)..

Really you could probably do it on either. A server is a server, it has a hard drive and a networking card and a CPU/mobo/ram then it can act as an FTP server as well. You'll need to throw whatever arma3 sync uses for FTP on the server then run it and you should be able to connect with a client.

This is assuming you have full remote control over the servers in question. If its a GSP with a web UI then you'll need to go through them to get anything like this set up.

And do I need to upload the mods where my repo will be?

Yes your mods need to be on there, otherwise how does the server know what files to send and what the contents of said files are?

Really you could probably do it on either. A server is a server, it has a hard drive and a networking card and a CPU/mobo/ram then it can act as an FTP server as well. You'll need to throw whatever arma3 sync uses for FTP on the server then run it and you should be able to connect with a client.

This is assuming you have full remote control over the servers in question. If its a GSP with a web UI then you'll need to go through them to get anything like this set up.

Yes your mods need to be on there, otherwise how does the server know what files to send and what the contents of said files are?

Do i need to install arma3sync on the server?

don't think so, once you can access it remotely so you can administer the repo. Just make sure you have FTP or HTTP access to the specific share and it's set up for public anonymous usage. Lock down (read only)  that one directory the repo is in so no one but you can make changes to it. 

When i first did it, this was a mistake i made and within days some F**k-knuckle had uploaded a virus which was being propagated out when players downloaded the repo. 

Gav

don't think so, once you can access it remotely so you can administer the repo. Just make sure you have FTP or HTTP access to the specific share and it's set up for public anonymous usage. Lock down (read only)  that one directory the repo is in so no one but you can make changes to it. 

When i first did it, this was a mistake i made and within days some F**k-knuckle had uploaded a virus which was being propagated out when players downloaded the repo. 

Gav

Ohh so in conclusion:

1. Upload desired mods and userconfig to public ftp folder with read only.

2. Connect the arma3sync with that folder

3. Build the repo

4. Paste the autoconfig among my guys.

Thats right or i need to do something more?

sry, assume you've sorted this now, but yes that's it

Gav