Vansen

Sector control - sectors move once captured/after period of time

I've been messing around in the editor designing some multiplayer missions because most of the popular stuff doesn't really appeal to me. I was a fan of the multiplayer mode of Homefront way back when, and it had an interesting system for one of its game modes. Once either side has held the majority of capture points for a period of time (you can see on the bottom left of the video, the meters fill up depending on who holds the most), the capture points change location based on who won the round (so one team will be moving up, and the other will be moving away). I've tried to find a decent video that shows what I'm on about, and if you excuse the commentary, you can just about see this in action here.

Homefront multiplayer video

Naturally, the Sector Control gamemode is the most fitting, so that's what I've been playing around with. I basically want to mock up something similar to the gamemode, where once a location has been under a teams control for a length of time, they would 'have control' of that area, and have a new objective of moving towards new capture points, whilst the opposing team would be moving back, essentially creating a big tug of war, with whichever side having the most points in a length on time (eg, 1 hour) wins. However, I can't find anything related to what I'm trying to do online. Does anybody know how you would go about creating moving sectors?

Cheers

So basically its like Battlefield Rush mode but two way and each area is a conquest zone.

Possible using sectors but will need some scripting to handle it properly.

Quick proof of concept of 3 zones.

davidoss, I was just trying this mod. Looks really good. I do not usually use them. But, I keep getting signatures errors.  Is there an issue since the last patch? Locally it runs, but when I downloaded the files from the website and installed them on the server that is where the errors pop up.

Thanks,

dub