KeyCat

1.64 Feedback

Experiencing distorted voice when AI using their radio to reply, never experienced this pre 1.64.

/KC

Just checking if it's only me that have those low quality pine trees in distance when looking thru scope/binocs. It looks like we are back to the 80's with EGA graphics :)

Can anyone check if they got the same result as me on Altis/Stratis maybe it's just me?

/KC

The low quality trees in distance when looking through scope is likely countering the problem where trees were so detailed that even the most high end cards bottlenecked when scoping forest. Someone with low end card, the drop was quite drastic.

Just couple examples how it was before:

The low quality trees in distance when looking through scope is likely countering the problem where trees were so detailed that even the most high end cards bottlenecked when scoping forest. Someone with low end card, the drop was quite drastic.

Just couple examples how it was before:

That problem was caused by anti-aliasing. IMO, that is caused by textures or rvmats, probably. Because this is caused by several types of trees/grass only. That is why I think that maybe fixed with better solution.

Could be and it's nice they are optimizing and tweaking for low end computers running at lower settings but can't remember my GPU (GTX 980) had any real issues before.

IMO when all settings (except VD and OD) are maxed I think it should be like pre 1.64

Also, the issue doesn't exist on Tanoa.

Regarding the distorted voice when AI are talking also in 3D word, it seems to be the ones far away with low volumes. Using 128 audio channels and tried 16/32/64 with the same result.

/KC

Has anyone else experienced issues with custom 3D sound in multiplayer since that latest round of hot-fixes went live?

I have a mission I've been working on for several weeks now, and it has a lot of custom voice over work and sound effects, a number of which use the 3D modifier. I've done a lot of testing in multiplayer, and haven't experienced any issues with 3D sounds until yesterday, when they pushed the update that fixed the sound issue were connected players couldn't hear vehicles. But now it seems, the host can hear triggered 3D sounds, but connected players cannot.

Just curious if anyone else is having issues with this, and if there's a possible work around?

Good day everyone,  ihope everyone has better or good days in these times. Anyways, I have an issue regarding the update with my sound mods I used, notice "used". Ever since the update non of the sounds mods, like SoS, or JSRS, do not work. I have been working on myself and nothing is changed when tested. Non of the sound mods sounds have changed either. I contacted support and they suggested posting here on Feedback, since I have tried to post on the authors of the sound mods posts and asked directly. I even got on the dev section of discord , or CUP, and all I get are vague or riddled answers, or no answers at all.  The question is....when creating my sound mod, is there anything I needed to add now since the update? What normally was like with JSRS, etc. when the mod is activated in the Mod section of the game , the mod still plays vanilla sounds. This is extremely frustrating

thank you for you time in advance

You need to use the new soundSet/soundShader technology: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sound

Do config dump and study how BI defines their sounds now.

A config dump? As in all config? I have but i dont know where to look or what im looking for. I will try that though and report back

One thing left to do...is putting it all together is where I start to get even more confused

Does anyone know where I can start in order to put all this info into the config? I am scatter brained. Its as if BI created this to just further confuse us from doing any modding

Does anyone know where I can start in order to put all this info into the config? I am scatter brained. Its as if BI created this to just further confuse us from doing any modding

Not sure what's meant by "config dump".  However, I frequently unpack all .sqf and .hpp files. There's a nice guide on how to do that on the Foxhound International homepage.

Once unpacked you can check out how BIS configured certain things.